Hello,

I am trying to reverse-engineer a MOC by RM8. I am having trouble making the front suspension and steering sturdy. Does anyone have ay ideas of how to make it more stable? Here is what I have so far:800x480.jpg 

Any advice is appriciated. Thanks in advance.

Here is the video the truck is in. 

Edited by Offroadcreat1ons

Good start. :thumbup: I don't know if you are trying to replicate the entire thing or not, but in the video (3:34) you can see that the frame (where you have the two light bley 5L beams) extends to the grill on the left side of the truck; its either a 7L or 9L. It is braced by the light bley 9L beam underneath, through which the vertical steering shaft passes. On the outside it is this part with the pin hole in a vertical orientation. In front of it is the same piece rotated 90 degrees and connected with a 2L blue axle/pin. That's all I have for now! Good luck!

hi,

you know, my truggy is not succesful. I will show model closer it in my next VLOG video. I dont plan instruction, but I will show internals. The reason is steerring - too many backlash. total backlash = backlash of front axle mount + steering system backlash. The best way to solve that - mount steering motor right on the axle.

And what about using small linear actuator, like Danil03 did HERE? How much is the backlash with this solution?

p.s.: sorry, but for proper term usage - the named car is not a truggy, but 4x4 off-roader. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truggy :wink:

Edited by agrof

3 hours ago, agrof said:

And what about using small linear actuator, like Danil03 did HERE? How much is the backlash with this solution?

p.s.: sorry, but for proper term usage - the named car is not a truggy, but 4x4 off-roader. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truggy :wink:

This one is much better. If you fix actuator well and also make right suspension articulation geometry.  Shaft from motor to LA should no influence to supension

Glad to see, that it was usefull. I must admit, it looks pretty damn cool, must build it. :grin:

Maybe rm8 gets also inspiration not to abandon this project...

@Offroadcreations: would You mind to model it in LDD?