32221656671_f920ea22a0_c.jpg

It was very hard to start build something after moving to new house. And after almost 6 months of doing nothing i finally make something.

It's a buggy, powerful enough and lightened to extreme called 'Cheetah'.

32302430486_3685dd77bc_c.jpg

Features:

• simple double wishbone suspension at front
  • live axle with 3 control arms and anti-roll bar at rear (i don't know how it called right - when 2 ordinary arms + 1 A-shaped control arm are used)
  • XL motor for drive (with small gearing up it's enough to drive, but not enough for any offroad)
  • servo for steering
  • sturdy enough rollcage
  • various fun details, like exhaust pipes, condenser, fan e t.c.

32302430426_f46e6ac95c_c.jpg

Belly shot, if somebody need it.

32221656731_2cf44f0ab7_c.jpg

And more photos on FLICKR

Edited by Victor Imaginator

8 minutes ago, efferman said:

A very cool buggy , only the rollcage i dont like. Are the axles under stress?

Thanks) Yes, 3 axles used in rollcage is under the stress. But all others connections are legal.

At first it looks a little odd, but that is what I love about it staring at it for a few minutes... :-) Personally I prefer different size front and rear wheels, but that's about it!

I really like the kind of chaotic style! looks great, how well does the rear suspension work? the drivetrain looks a little weak...

4 hours ago, 2LegoOrNot2Lego... said:

At first it looks a little odd, but that is what I love about it staring at it for a few minutes... :-) Personally I prefer different size front and rear wheels, but that's about it!

Thanks) In the beginning front wheels was smaller, but ground clearance was too low, and i decided to use same tumbler wheels. At least i used all four of them first time)

18 minutes ago, MRP_ said:

I really like the kind of chaotic style! looks great, how well does the rear suspension work? the drivetrain looks a little weak...

Thanks) Rear suspension is very soft, and shocks do not fully compress. Also bottom control arms slightly bends, if i push buggy into the table. I making this type of suspension first time, and geometry works excellent. But, i already have some ideas, how to use LEGO better for this task. And drivetrain is sturdy enough for weight of the model, nothing bends, all works perfect.

I'll shoot some video later)

Edited by Victor Imaginator

I was totally confused looking at those photos! Is it upside down or right side up? 

Looks perfect for a zombie apocalypse!  Can't wait for the video :laugh:

I love it but it does look to be flimsy in parts. Maybe use some studded beams to strengthen it. Its your creation so do what you see fit. Love those wheels, i will be ordering some in feb.

H