Richpepperell

Identifying RO rebel troops

Picked up the newest rebel trooper battle pack 75164 recently and it's a great source for mix-and-match generic rebels,  However, glancing at the Rogue One Ultimate Visual Guide reveals that the troops included and those from the other Rogue One sets are actually based on named characters.  Do you agree with my allocations...

31825446521_4a9acf232c_z_d.jpg

31794378582_52ddd386da_z_d.jpg

31904853876_7af1a5144e_z_d.jpg

31825445261_400d68a9f6_z_d.jpg

In the picture from the book, you can see his distinctive helmet obviously under his arm.

31132545773_74a107c42e_z_d.jpg

31132541713_7b08303330_z_d.jpg

The only troops listed in the Visual Guide missing are: Sergeant Ruescott Melshi (who actually had the biggest speaking part in the film), Corporal Stordan Tonc (played by Jordan Stephens from the UK band Rizzle Kicks), Corporal Jav Mefran (played by Francis Magee) and the two female troopers Corporal Walea Timker and Corporal Rodma Maddel.  All these missing troops would be pretty easy to MOC if you pick up a couple of the RO troop battle packs, along with the previous rebel alliance (battlefront) battlepacks.

It's pretty cool that they're named even if for battle packs I usually prefer unnamed characters. They're minor enough anyway. Now, if only Calfor had his beard...

If the trooper in the AT-ST had been Corporal Tonc and the trooper from the TIE Striker was Sgt Melshi that would have been really great.

Heroes of the Rebellion. Each one was only on screen for a few moments but they all felt like separate people that had character, not just nameless grunts. I'm glad Lego made them into figures! I wonder if the actors know?

Nice work, I have been thinking of doing the same thing once I sit down and figure out all the costumes for each member of the whole R1 squad and seeing the lego translations. Pretty accurate work I would say, obviously some of the heads could be replaced but that's lego's fault for always reusing the same small group of generic looking minifig heads for so many minor characters.

8 minutes ago, wilson3a10 said:

Great heroes but all dead 

Way to be a gloomy guss, but true none the less. 

I would have to say my heroes were Bohdi Rook, and K2SO. I think both stepped forward from what was normal to them

Very awesome discovery! 

I did discover Sefla in the trailer and got super hyped, but didn't notice the rest, even in the movie.

NOW we know why the AT-ST and TIE Striker rebel figures have the same torso: they have the same jacket!

Edited by VaderFan2187

35 minutes ago, SPACIBA said:

Of course but it's from blue squadron, not from "rogue one" and don't fight in land

He crashed onto the surface though didn't he?

I saw the rebel from the At-St in the movie and had a slight chuckle. I'm surprised that even the rebels from the Battlepack have figures. The mini figures are actually really accurate to who they are based off of. That's really cool :classic:

4 hours ago, FishW said:

The mini figures are actually really accurate to who they are based off of. That's really cool :classic:

Minus Calfor. He should have a beard. :sceptic:

9 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Minus Calfor. He should have a beard. :sceptic:

True. If you look at the minifig, it has different colored arms than Calfor so maybe the minifig is based off of another trooper? I don't have the visual guide so I don't know. Always the chance he's just a generic.

I have found this, the one with grey pants is Corporal Tonc and the one with the brown legs is sefla.

2llczkz.jpg

qs1u2r.jpg

Thank you sharing these pictures originally!
I didnt have a clue that the characters were actually named, I thought them to be just generic soldiers,
but I much more prefer this! It gives them so much more personal touch as it should be in the rebel army.
Their equipment and looks are not so standardised as in the Imperial army anyway, so the more there is
diversity in the torsos, the better.

- Samppu