eliza

Winter Village: Glass Blower's Shop & Workshop

Looking for a ornament for the tree or a unique gift? Here is my entry for this year's Winter Village contest... a Glass Blower's Shop.

32233858226_edec63dee1_c.jpg

The Glass Blower is showing off his skills for the village kids.

32272263345_5dd3792cf0_c.jpg

The interior is a shop on the first floor with living space above:

32233856126_ac345ac64a_c.jpg

32152860071_2dbafa1725_c.jpg

The interior of the workshop features a light brick in the furnace.

32233854766_7516be76b2_c.jpg

Thanks for looking! 

Well done. Overall I like it. There are things I would probably change for my own entry, but I like what I am seeing. Clever use of those chima pieces for the window decoration. I really like the yellow window frame on the main level. The workshop looks well done. The Christmas lights work well on the front even. I like the bed frame in the living quarters.

Good luck in the contest.

This is such unique idea. It looks wonderful and fits in very well with the winter village. Every village needs a glass blower to create Christmas tree ornaments. Well done!

Very, very nice! There are some very interesting and (to me) very unique ideas. Some stand outs are the front facade and the front entry. If instructions ever became available I would buy and build this!

You should put this on Rebrickable after the contest.

Good luck! You've got my vote!

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

A lovely creation!
Very original, and also very appropriate for the winter village.
The layered display with the transparent vases and the workshop are very nice, and I love the porch and the front window.

Best of luck in the contest, and keep clicking those bricks together!

That's a stunning MOCset, eliza! :wub:

Esp. the shop's interior is that beautiful and detailed done - but everything other, too. I immediately would buy it if TLG released it!

Such a unique and creative idea, but also executed flawlessly! :wub: The yellow highlighting around windows is great, genius use of those chima flame pieces :thumbup:
The furnace is superb too, with the light up feature and excellent door design.

So nice and cosy! Fits very well with the theme and I would buy it at day one! Clever use of technics and pieces, well done!

Really fun and unique idea here, and it fits nicely into the Winter Village theme. I'm astonished by how smoothly you pulled off that roofline: inside and out! The various window frames are great as well.

Featured on brickbuilt.

This would be a wonderful addition to the Winter Village. I really like the over all look. It's a great build full of fun features.

Good luck in the competition! 

Thanks everyone!!!

On 1/15/2017 at 10:06 AM, soccerkid6 said:

Really fun and unique idea here, and it fits nicely into the Winter Village theme. I'm astonished by how smoothly you pulled off that roofline: inside and out! The various window frames are great as well.

Featured on brickbuilt.

Thanks much! I had never built a pitched roof like this before so I was surprised it worked out so well. 

I really like the colors you chose.  It stands out, but in a really really good way!  Great details!  I like the sculptures and the light element in the kiln.  

Good luck! 

On 1/17/2017 at 5:01 AM, alsielou said:

This is a really cute build, so cheerful and colourful!  Love both the windows and the unique idea. 

On 1/17/2017 at 2:40 PM, Shans161 said:

I really like the colors you chose.  It stands out, but in a really really good way!  Great details!  I like the sculptures and the light element in the kiln.  

Good luck! 

Thanks! Last year my Winter Village entry was mostly gray and maybe a bit dreary on the outside. This year I went in the opposite direction. :)

I recently went to a glassblowing place, so this is rather special to me :classic:

Though it is very dangerous to do glassblowing in front of little kids in the way that the Glassblower is doing it :tongue:

50 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

I recently went to a glassblowing place, so this is rather special to me :classic:

Though it is very dangerous to do glassblowing in front of little kids in the way that the Glassblower is doing it :tongue:

Well, this is back in the old days when kids played baseball on construction sites and things like that. :)

The glassblower is certainly a reckless fellow. You'll notice his safety glasses are on the table as well.

1 minute ago, eliza said:

The glassblower is certainly a reckless fellow. You'll notice his safety glasses are on the table as well.

Tsk tsk! Bad Health & Safety :tongue:

2 minutes ago, eliza said:

Well, this is back in the old days when kids played baseball on construction sites and things like that. :)

Yeah, but he's practically pointing the molten glass right at the kids *oh2*

On 1/18/2017 at 5:31 PM, VaderFan2187 said:

Tsk tsk! Bad Health & Safety :tongue:

Yeah, but he's practically pointing the molten glass right at the kids *oh2*

I guess he is... someone should call the cops. :grin: