Ramses25

[WIP] [MOC] TIE/Sk Striker

Hello everyone !

I present you my WIP TIE Striker from the movie Rogue One !
I made the cockpit fuselage. It features two seats for the pilot and the bomber/gunner as it should do.

Now I plan on making the wings, and I'm thinking about a wing/hull connection that will be both compact and able to pose the wings in different positions. If anyone have an idea, it will be welcomed !

Here is the WIP pictures of the fighter :
tie-striker-5159196.png
tie-striker-2-515919a.png

Ramses25

Nice. Isn't the shape based on the official set's shape? I like how you modified the interior though.

Also, for wing connections, what about multiple ball joints? Like Krennic's Shuttle?

1 minute ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Nice. Isn't the shape based on the official set's shape? I like how you modified the interior though.

Also, for wing connections, what about multiple ball joints? Like Krennic's Shuttle?

Nope ! I took my TIE Fighter cockpit and lenghtened it to be a TIE Striker one. Of course some elements are inspired by the official set like the sides and the top.
Ball joint could be a great idea, I'll keep it in mind :) Thanks !

Ramses25

I like the way you've constructed the cockpit fuselage.  It emulates the tube-like shape of the TIE Striker better than TLG's version, in my opinion.

1 hour ago, bobasdad said:

I like the way you've constructed the cockpit fuselage.  It emulates the tube-like shape of the TIE Striker better than TLG's version, in my opinion.

I don't see too much difference...?

1 hour ago, VaderFan2187 said:

I didn't see much difference either, but nonetheless, I look forward to see how this project will work out.

The wings aren't the definite one, and they need a lot of work to be finished. Just to show you the scale and the shape they will have ;)
tie-striker-3-51657cb.png

Ramses25

2 hours ago, Ramses25 said:

The wings aren't the definite one, and they need a lot of work to be finished. Just to show you the scale and the shape they will have ;)

Looks promising, but I still think it looks similar to the official LEGO release. (please take this as constructive criticism, not as an offense)

Could I suggest making a bomb mechanism in the center? I was going through research and I found that some TIE Strikers are produced with bomb ports loaded with proton bombs or mines, and were operated by a forward-facing gunner or bombardier where the cargo area on the official LEGO release would be. Take a look at Star Wars Explained's video where he shows this: 

Thank you ! Yes it looks like the Lego one, but the Lego one looks very good too, and a TIE Striker is a TIE Striker !

The bomb mechanism is planned, but I have to see how many space the wings mechanism will take first ;) The gunner seat is already here !

Ramses25

7 hours ago, Ramses25 said:

The bomb mechanism is planned, but I have to see how many space the wings mechanism will take first ;)

I think VaderFan2187's idea would work well and wouldn't take up much space leaving more room for the bomb port.

7 hours ago, Ramses25 said:

The gunner seat is already here !

LOL I only saw it now on the first pic :laugh: oops

On 1/10/2017 at 5:43 PM, VaderFan2187 said:

The official version is less symetrical (the top hatch on the rear uses a different assembly than the top hatch on the front), which makes it appear less cylindrical (in my opinion, at least).  Ramses25's configuration uses identical top hatches on both the front and the back, which looks much better (again, in my opinion).

13 minutes ago, bobasdad said:

The official version is less symetrical (the top hatch on the rear uses a different assembly than the top hatch on the front), which makes it appear less cylindrical (in my opinion, at least).  Ramses25's configuration uses identical top hatches on both the front and the back, which looks much better (again, in my opinion).

Oh true. And he added front cannons.

Hello, Ramses25!

Your Tie Striker is looking pretty good so far. I like the wing connection, it looks strong.

I definitely prefer your wings to the previous design, the studs on top look much better!

Kind regards, Ellis.

Good work and good to see some Tie Striker action!

Those wings look like they could be heavy. Whilst the hinge joints are strong you'll have to properly reinforce the fuselage to stop it prying itself apart . Having done some mods on mine I understand why lego really over cooked the design . 

Edited by belkor
Predictive txt!

Thank you everyone ! :)

On 27/02/2017 at 6:33 PM, belkor said:

Those wings look like they could be heavy. Whilst the hinge joints are strong you'll have to properly reinforce the fuselage to stop it prying itself apart.

Of course ! I think the way I built the fuselage and the wing connection will be strong enough. But I have to build this thing to be sure ! ;)

And just for you, some progress :
33174478995_068a0b71e4_c.jpg

Ramses25

On 09/03/2017 at 4:20 AM, Bartybum said:

How are you going to connect the long webbing at the front?

I don't know yet. I still have to find a solution...

Can you please show me the rear bombardier compartment interior?  I have already modded the official lego tie striker by removing all the yellow/red technic crap. I just wondered how yours is gonna look.  Many thx buddy.

New update on the TIE Striker !
I found a solution to connect the grey webbing at the front of the wings.
There is no bomb compartment unfortunately... I left the space empty so it will be used to put the model on a stand.

38607435671_e90d51d2a0_c.jpg

Ramses25

Edited by Ramses25

This is looking pretty great. I have the official version and while I think it was one of the better rogue one sets there is always room for improvement. 

I was only gonna mod mine by adding a bomber and bomb compartment but I may use some of your wing design too. Can’t wait and see it fully done in real bricks.