Sign in to follow this  
Exetrius

[Collab] Zotharian swamp houses

Somewhere in the marshy outskirts of Zotharith...

32209778155_fdacd9c675_z.jpg

Ryo Kokoro leaves his home to attend an important meeting.

32171543606_cd18929f68_z.jpg

======================

Hi guys! 

I was visiting my friend, Jaapxaap, in the holidays. Of course, we wanted to build something, so we decided to do a collaborative build, to further expand the City of Zotharith. I was able to complete the house on the right just in time, except for a few smaller details. Credits to Jaap for the house on the left, the terrain and the photography! :thumbup:

Building with Jaap's parts was great; currently, my own collection doesn't allow me to build even half of what you see here... :sceptic: :laugh: 

Anyway, thanks for looking, C&C always appreciated!

Very nice job, both of you - it's always great to get to see collaborative builds!  

The dark green water and rocks and excellent, and I really like the exposed studs and wooden supports on the house on the left as well! :thumbup:  The use of the brown carrot tops on the window, the spikes, and the windows made from the back of headlight bricks on the other house are the things which stand out most to me, and it's nice to get a bigger glimpse into life in Zotharith! :classic:

It was great you came along, and I think the collab turned out pretty great, especcially looking to to the amount of time we had...
It was fun and quite challenging tho, to build for Zotharith, as Exetrius has a totally different style of building, but in the end I think it turned out great, and the houses look quite nice together.. So we had a great time and made a decent moc too! Hopefully there will follow more collabs together any time in the future (I'm pretty sure there will :wink: )

Really neat whimsical style, as I said on Flickr!  It's surprising how well the odd slopes and horns and such like work together!  The stilts are great, but I particularly like the slanted base for the house on the left! :thumbup:  Great collab!

It is nice to see two different building styles in one moc.

The sand green swamp looks great with the two brown/black houses. Well done !!!

collabs are always great, and this is no exception! I really love he base, and the houses, different but the fit very well next to each other.

awesome job! :thumbup:

It's great that you two were able to collaborate in person! The houses fit together well, and the SNOT dark green bricks work well for a swamp.
Lots of fun wooden detailing on the buildings, I particularly like like the horn decorations, and dark brown accents :thumbup: The overhanging porch type area on Jaapxaaps, and the slanted foundation beneath it are also lovely :wub:

Great job, I like both houses and how they look combined! Do you guys live close enough to Eindhoven for me to come build with his collection too? ;p

@Windusky @Kai NRG @don leopold @Umbra-Manis @Merc4Hire @TitusV Thank you guys! :sweet:

On 10-1-2017 at 6:53 PM, Garmadon said:

Very nice job, both of you - it's always great to get to see collaborative builds!  

The dark green water and rocks and excellent, and I really like the exposed studs and wooden supports on the house on the left as well! :thumbup:  The use of the brown carrot tops on the window, the spikes, and the windows made from the back of headlight bricks on the other house are the things which stand out most to me, and it's nice to get a bigger glimpse into life in Zotharith! :classic:

Thanks! Agreed, Jaapxaap did a great job with the supportive stilt construction! :classic: Personally, I found it very satisfying how well the carrot tops fit on the 1x2 sloped tiles, only by virtue of their asymmetry. 

On 10-1-2017 at 8:21 PM, Lazer said:

Very nice, i like them!

Is this Zotharith can be found in Nocturnus?

Yes, Zotharith is about halfway between Lith My'Athar and the Reach on the updated map, see the first post of the Nocturnus Guild thread: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/85716-book-ii-nocturnus-guild-sign-up-and-discussion/ I should do a proper overarching topic thread for the City of Zotharith, sometime. :wink:

16 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

It's great that you two were able to collaborate in person! The houses fit together well, and the SNOT dark green bricks work well for a swamp.
Lots of fun wooden detailing on the buildings, I particularly like like the horn decorations, and dark brown accents :thumbup: The overhanging porch type area on Jaapxaaps, and the slanted foundation beneath it are also lovely :wub:

Thank you! I think those horn decorations are going to become a signature feature of Zotharian architecture. :classic:

49 minutes ago, dathil said:

Great job, I like both houses and how they look combined! Do you guys live close enough to Eindhoven for me to come build with his collection too? ;p

You can ask @jaapxaap about that, fine with me! :classic: Alphen a/d Rijn, where Jaap lives, isn't too far from Eindhoven, even by public transport. I live in Hoek (in Zeeuws-Vlaanderen), so I traveled about 6,5 hours total that day... At least I traveled for free, student life... :grin: 

Fantastic collab, you two! The stilts/angled walls under the houses are great, and I really like the bit of rockwork in front of each.
Excellent colors too, and the roofs are superb :thumbup:

Definitely enjoying the style and the ruggedness on the houses. My only critique would be to add a little bit more foliage here and there. Other than that, great collab!