Sign in to follow this  
Vader

New 7038 Battle Wagon Review.

Well today i finally got my hands on set 7038, now since the moment i first saw pics of this set i knew it was for me.

So lets start with the new troll helmet and torso, these are both great. This troll really stands out as a leader when next to the usual trolls in the dwarf mining set:

7.jpg

Ok so here's a few shots of the front of the set:

1.jpg

2.jpg

Now one thing i really like about this set is the way that lego have placed the back wheels higher than the front. This allows the set to really appear to being pulled:

3.jpg

Here we have a shot at the missiles on the wagon, these are better than some around i have to say.

If you look just behind the bottom missile you will see a simple firing device, simply push it down and then let it go to see those missiles fire:

4.jpg

The troll flag is moved behind the missiles for firing:

5.jpg

6.jpg

One thing that does bother me about this set is the lack of anything on the rear, ok it's easy to fix with a little moc'ing so it's not the end of the world but i would of liked something placed there:

11.jpg

Now lets move on to the Crownie's wagon, this is simple yet good for holding weapons:

8.jpg

9.jpg

As for the Crown knights themselves, well there the ones from the impulse sets which is great IMO:

12.jpg

Here's a few quick shots of the 2 larger trolls we have so far, i prefer the sand green one.

What about you?

14.jpg

15.jpg

Well that's the end for now, requests for pics and comments are welcome.

Overall i rate this set as a must for anyone who's a fantasy castle fan, i know i'll be getting more of this set......

As for the new wagon well it's joined up with the other trolls:

13.jpg

I do hope the impules crownies i bought today can handle them, oh and yes i did change the knights heads X-D :

16.jpg

Fantasy war on!!

*vader*

Awesome review!! I like the turkey leg hanging in front of the troll X-D Yea the back looks a little....Empty

8-|

Well Overall I enjoyed the review! See ya soon!

seems like a good set should i get it?

BTW how did you get you hands on this?

Well if you like the Fantasy line then yes, if not no.

I had to get this set through Shop @ Home, took ages to get here i'm sorry to say.

Looks like an ace set :-$ I may get this just for the sand green troll, even if I'm not a great castle fan, I do want one of them things! *wub*

I also love the goblin's new metal flaked helmet, and the same style with the wheels. They look very nice.

The chicken leg fishing pole is always fun too :-$

Nice review. *sweet* This is a must buy for me since I *wub* the new sand green giant troll!

Now I just have to wait until it's available in the US :'-(

General Tarful

Thanks for this excellent review Vader!

It seems you are succumbing to the Castle side of the force. I love the new helmet, and the new Orc torso is fantastic as well, which is great to see that the Troll Faction has many ranks too. The Troll himself I love, I agree with you in saying I prefer the sand green version. The battle wagon is cool, one of the better wagon designs, and the flag is a great touch which improves it. Sadly the back is rather empty, but a few mods'll change that :-)

And of course this set includes the infamous chicken pole!

One pic request, if you have time Vader, could you please post a few pics of the new helmet on its own, and on a human soldier please?

Batbrick is Back! >:-)

Thanks for the review *vader*! The first picture of the troll is great, the gold armour really shines! X-D A fantastic set, I'll definitely get a couple of these! *wub*

As for the Ogres/'giant trolls', the dark tan one fits in the mine setting well, but for above ground, settings, I prefer the sand green one. *y*

~Peace

Edited by iamded

One pic request, if you have time Vader, could you please post a few pics of the new helmet on its own, and on a human soldier please?

Here you go:

17.jpg

Front:

18.jpg

Side:

19.jpg

Back:

20.jpg

*vader*

Thanks for that Vader, I love this helmet *wub*

It will certainly work great as an asian dynasty war helm I reckon.

Thanks again.

Thanks for that Vader, I love this helmet *wub*

It will certainly work great as an asian dynasty war helm I reckon.

Thanks again.

Yeah it's alot better than the other one, i'll have to buy some extra ones now just to replace the old ones |-/

Still let's hope the new impulse set has the new version *y*

This is fantastic, I love the new helmets for the goblins *sweet* I've always loved the chicken leg thing, really screams LEGO to me! At least how LEGO used to be :'-( Great little bit

The goblins are awesome too, and the sand green one should look good next to the tan ones...gives a nice feeling of a real species. In reality not all members of a species are identical, it's great seeing them in different colors.

Great review X-D

Those extra helmet pictures just seal how much I love those new helmets *wub* They look so great.

Great review, Vader :-)

As I've said before, this is a nice set, but doesn't really come with anything that doesn't come with the other sets of the line. For this reason, it will be somewhere at the bottom of my list for 2008.

Also, I like torso and helmet of the Dwarf Mining orcs much better. The colours make the torso look rather dull and boring, while the other, more brown one, looks much clearer and more exciting. I think I like the *knight* helmet better too, looks more covering and threatening than this one, although I'll save my judgement until I have one in my hands.

Thanks again Vader ;-)

EDIT: Forgot to mention, hilarious pic in your sig, Vader :-D

Edited by TinyPiesRUs

Thanks for the review!

i love this set! it's a cheap way to get green trolls, and i love the new helmet,

it looks great and I think it will be very usefull for other factions as well. *sweet*

DNL

A Troll driven by a turkey leg, what a wonderful little detail!!! :-D :-D

Thanks for the review Vader.

Very clever, using a flag to hide that crazy firing device.

I find it rather odd they used blue pins for this. Black or gray would've been alot more discrete.

About the big trolls, I think using different colours is good. I don't think a troll force would be very organized, so different colours would make the effect complete *y* .

As for your troops, looks quite fearsome! Definitely compared to my pathetic number of soldiers.. :-$

A nice set, but I would rather get the Attack on Tower though.. no matter about the price difference.

A Troll driven by a turkey leg, what a wonderful little detail!!! :-D :-D

Thanks for the review Vader.

Very clever, using a flag to hide that crazy firing device.

I find it rather odd they used blue pins for this. Black or gray would've been alot more discrete.

About the big trolls, I think using different colours is good. I don't think a troll force would be very organized, so different colours would make the effect complete *y* .

As for your troops, looks quite fearsome! Definitely compared to my pathetic number of soldiers.. :-$

A nice set, but I would rather get the Attack on Tower though.. no matter about the price difference.

Oh don't get me wrong i love the dark tan troll, i just prefer the sand green one. Your right about trolls not being organized, and i like to think that the trolls are from different areas etc.

Here's a few quick shots of the 2 larger trolls we have so far, i prefer the sand green one.

Nice comparison shot, judging from these pics, I think I have to agree with you that green suits the Troll better. Especially since the Orcs are sand green as well, indicating some relation between the two races (if they are indeed separate races).

Great review, very detailed and with lots of pictures. I was already interested in this set, but after reading your review I want this set for sure! *y*

Am I the only one who thinks this helmet looks a bit like the Juggernaut from X-men?

Now you menton it i think you are right, that really would work well as a film version *y*

Tks for the review mate ;-)

Now I have to bloody wait long because Lego France has this line available in freaking march >:-( Pissed *yoda* On !! :-D

I love the "new" goblin :-P That helmet is really cool. Why on Earth TLC didn't include that one in the dwarf mine ? Such another idiotic move |-/ Anyone keeping track of TLC's stupidity lately ? That would be interesting !!

I clearly want a huge goblin army now hehe !!

And I totally agree with you mate, the troll lokks better in sand green.

The cart itself is pretty lame IMO - just a sordid excuse to include yet another annoying shooting crappy device. But for a 21

Tks for the review mate ;-)

Now I have to bloody wait long because Lego France has this line available in freaking march >:-( Pissed *yoda* On !! :-D

I love the "new" goblin :-P That helmet is really cool. Why on Earth TLC didn't include that one in the dwarf mine ? Such another idiotic move |-/ Anyone keeping track of TLC's stupidity lately ? That would be interesting !!

I clearly want a huge goblin army now hehe !!

And I totally agree with you mate, the troll lokks better in sand green.

The cart itself is pretty lame IMO - just a sordid excuse to include yet another annoying shooting crappy device. But for a 21

Thanks for the review of a set I would otherwise probably have passed on. Out of curiosity how did you 'know it was for you'? You seem to be building quite a collection. Why castle now? Was the fantasy element all it took? Just curious.

Thanks again and God Bless,

Nathan