VaderFan2187

Which is the best Rogue One set?

Rogue One sets polls  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best Rogue One set?

2. 2. Which has the best figures?

3. 3. Which has the best value?

4. 4. Which do you own?

My favorite is Krennic's Shuttle. Good figures, price, and looks good on display too.

Second favorites are TIE Striker, U-wing, and Y-wing. All are fantastic.

Third Favorite is Battle on Scarif.

AT-ST and Hovertank are not the best for the price in my region.

Edited by VaderFan2187

My favorite is Y-Wing. Krennic's Shuttle is cool, but I don't like black Lego sets. They look bad under light and get ugly even with a little dust.

Seems like the best Rogue One set is currently the Y-wing… with a narrow lead of 1 vote.

AT-ST and Krennic's Shuttle seem like the most popular so far.

To be honest they're all really great sets. They all have good qualities and bad qualities but for the most part the good outdoes the bad. I'd say Krennic's Shuttle, the interior, the minifigures, the general design... it was really good. I'd say the Y-Ying is really close though, especially on the mini figure front. I wasn't also really impressed with the U-Wing, not gonna lie, when I first saw the moving wings on the real thing, I didn't expect Lego to include those, so I was really impressed when they did.

Wow, i didn't think my opinion would be shared by so many, but it looks like I'm in the mainstream this time :)

Best set is a hard one, I voted for the U-wing, because I like that model better than the shuttle, but that has definitely more interesting minifigs. (K2 plus death troopers, it's a no-brainer.)

But the best value for money is hands down the AT-ST, and that is also interesting for people who only care for the OT, or want to put it in an OT environment. 

All in all I think this was a good wave (I only count the first 5 sets here), because we could get all the main characters from just 4 sets, 2 of which were relatively low-cost.

On 1/5/2017 at 4:03 AM, VaderFan2187 said:

My favorite is Krennic's Shuttle. Good figures, price, and looks good on display too.

Second favorites are TIE Striker, U-wing, and Y-wing. All are fantastic.

Third Favorite is Battle on Scarif.

AT-ST and Hovertank are not the best for the price in my region.

You may get a more accurate response to your poll, if you wait until all of the above sets are released worldwide.  

The AT-ST is an incredible base of parts and shape if you are willing to modify it. Only with modifications though does it become a truly great vehicle. For me I basically kept the core part of the head and built the rest myself which was really fun so because of the experience it gave me I have to say it is my favorite.

Both the Y-Wing and Krennic's shuttle have amazing figure line ups, especially the unique figures. However the Y-Wing has a generic stormtrooper and a repeat pilot so I have to give it to Krennic's Shuttle.  

The Tank, U-Wing, and Krennic's Shuttle would probably be the best value where I live. From price to parts to pieces. To me the Battle on Scarif and Tie Striker have got to be the worst value. The Tie Striker should have come with an additional shore trooper at that price. The set is great just for me not worth it.  

I have so far built the Tie striker and the AT-ST. Both look superb but I am really impressed with the Tie Striker. Tomorrow I will be building the tank with my Son.  After that, it's gonna be the U-wing or Krennics shiuttle. And after that I have the Y-wing and new A-wing to look forward to, plus I picked up the rebels A-wing/Vaders Tie for £46 on amazon recently

Like Forresto, the ATST led me to building a customised version and really captured my imagination, so it's my favourite.

Y-wing is the only one I've not got yet, waiting for a discount or offer. I think all the sets seem expensive at RRP but thankfully there seems to be plenty of discounts. 

Hmm, AT-ST is terrible value in Australia, and I jsut cant see past its awful legs. Only the Y-wing is a decent price at RRP, the rest are 20+c per piece. The TIE striker is by far the most interesting build IMO, so I'd say its easily the best.

Edited by Magmafrost

I got all my Star Wars Rogue One sets for 50% so I can't really argue which one has the best value. However, given the retail price, I would say U-Wing  -- because of the balance of minifigs included and the awesome factor of the build. The parts are also good parts donor for other MOCs. The size in the box is also misleading somehow. It appears larger once built so judging it alone from the box art doesn't give justice to what you get out of the box. I think Krennic's shuttle comes to a close 2nd place for my own ranking.

I have all the first wave Rogue One sets,with the exception of the Tie Striker and buildable figures, and the At-St is definitely my favourite, though Krernnic's Shuttle is a close second. I've always loved walkers, especially the At-St, so getting a LEGO version is awesome.

I so far only have the U Wing and Krennic's shuttle, both bought really for the figures and parts for mocs. Only got Krennic's shuttle because it had a big discount on amazon before Christmas. Both ships were a lot better than I was expecting,I guess neither photograph particularly well. The tank and AT-ST both don't really look right to me so seem like a lot of money for a load more grey bricks (think I already have enough parts to build mocs of either) and one or two nice figures

22 hours ago, Jannik said:

I so far only have the U Wing and Krennic's shuttle, both bought really for the figures and parts for mocs. Only got Krennic's shuttle because it had a big discount on amazon before Christmas. Both ships were a lot better than I was expecting,I guess neither photograph particularly well. The tank and AT-ST both don't really look right to me so seem like a lot of money for a load more grey bricks (think I already have enough parts to build mocs of either) and one or two nice figures

Obviously, if you MOC, you can do a lot better than TLG-s official mdels almost every time. But the AT-ST is pretty good for the money, the tank is nothing spectacular, but the minifigs are cool. 

4 hours ago, Jannik said:

The AT-ST just looks so big

Oddly enough the height is canon now as it corresponds with the same height they have in Rogue One...according to the visual guide. 

I guess maybe it depends on the position of the legs, or perspective, but the ones in Return of the Jedi don't look as tall to me

2 hours ago, Jannik said:

I guess maybe it depends on the position of the legs, or perspective, but the ones in Return of the Jedi don't look as tall to me

I think that kind of has to do with the environment it was set in. Trust me; everything looks shorter in a redwood forest! Those trees are truly massive.:wink:

Anyways best Rogue One set... I only own Krennic's Shuttle and the U-Wing right now; but I actually kind of like the U-Wing a bit more. I know I am in the minority here; but something about the U-Wing has that ungainly shape that a lot of rebel ships (Y-Wing, B-Wing, etc.) have. The play features are really well integrated to. It feels like an Original Trilogy ship to me. I like how Krennic's Shuttle looks on display, but opening it up to get figures in and out of it is such a chore it really dampens the fun. However both are 50/50 when it comes to comparing the figures; I love Krennic, K-2SO, and Bodhi in the shuttle with the Death Troopers. I equally love Erso, Cassian, the two rebel troopers, and the pilot with the U-Wing. This wave has been really spectacular. I am trying to save up to get the Hovertank and AT-ST to complete the main cast of characters from the film; and maybe even I'll save up for the Y-wing (I have the 2012 Y-Wing already, but I just love those things! Wouldn't mind having another!)

On 1/9/2017 at 1:25 AM, xboxtravis7992 said:

I think that kind of has to do with the environment it was set in. Trust me; everything looks shorter in a redwood forest! Those trees are truly massive.:wink:

Anyways best Rogue One set... I only own Krennic's Shuttle and the U-Wing right now; but I actually kind of like the U-Wing a bit more. I know I am in the minority here; but something about the U-Wing has that ungainly shape that a lot of rebel ships (Y-Wing, B-Wing, etc.) have. The play features are really well integrated to. It feels like an Original Trilogy ship to me. I like how Krennic's Shuttle looks on display, but opening it up to get figures in and out of it is such a chore it really dampens the fun. However both are 50/50 when it comes to comparing the figures; I love Krennic, K-2SO, and Bodhi in the shuttle with the Death Troopers. I equally love Erso, Cassian, the two rebel troopers, and the pilot with the U-Wing. This wave has been really spectacular. I am trying to save up to get the Hovertank and AT-ST to complete the main cast of characters from the film; and maybe even I'll save up for the Y-wing (I have the 2012 Y-Wing already, but I just love those things! Wouldn't mind having another!)

Totally agree on the U-wing, I really didn't like the idea of a brand new rebel ship being involved in what is after all a direct prequel to ANH, but I was won over eventually, it so seamlessly fits in with the other Incom ships. And I guess it's not hard to justify why they don't appear ever after, since they were all destroyed on Scarif.

Just one thing that I noticed with the Shuttle though, is that the wings are wrong. I always knew something was off, but even after getting the Visual Guide, I was wrong, I thought the wings are actually the same width all the way, but after seeing images of the model used by Lucasfilm, I think just the sloping is on the wrong side. The forward side of the wing should be straight, and the aft side slightly angled, like on the microfighter. And now that this revelation came to me finally, I can't help but rebuild the wings...the proportions will be slightly off still, and the angle won't be perfect, but better hopefully.

14 minutes ago, brobert said:

Totally agree on the U-wing, I really didn't like the idea of a brand new rebel ship being involved in what is after all a direct prequel to ANH, but I was won over eventually, it so seamlessly fits in with the other Incom ships. And I guess it's not hard to justify why they don't appear ever after, since they were all destroyed on Scarif.

Just one thing that I noticed with the Shuttle though, is that the wings are wrong. I always knew something was off, but even after getting the Visual Guide, I was wrong, I thought the wings are actually the same width all the way, but after seeing images of the model used by Lucasfilm, I think just the sloping is on the wrong side. The forward side of the wing should be straight, and the aft side slightly angled, like on the microfighter. And now that this revelation came to me finally, I can't help but rebuild the wings...the proportions will be slightly off still, and the angle won't be perfect, but better hopefully.

delta_class_t_3c_shuttle_ortho__new__by_unusualsuspex-danld2h.jpg

I don't think it's backwards, it's just too sharp an angle.

46 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

delta_class_t_3c_shuttle_ortho__new__by_unusualsuspex-danld2h.jpg

I don't think it's backwards, it's just too sharp an angle.

hmmm....you might be right...this shape is really confusing from certain angles :D But this seems right, in that case the microfighter is wrong though