Bonaparte

Eurobricks Event 2017 - Final Dates and Location

1 hour ago, en_zoo said:

hey guys, newbie here and currently living in Germany - would anyone mind telling me a bit more about this?

for what I can find on google, we'd be given a sticker to put on our VIP cards and would then have a discount at the store, is this right?

any ways of, for example, telling in advance what the store has in stock?

anything else important to know?

What I know is this:

To be eligible for the AFON shopping you have to be a member of a REGISTERED LUG.

And even more, you need to have a) a VIP pass and b) a sticker on the back showing you are member of an RLUG.

Just now, Bonaparte said:

What I know is this:

To be eligible for the AFON shopping you have to be a member of a REGISTERED LUG.

And even more, you need to have a) a VIP pass and b) a sticker on the back showing you are member of an RLUG.

oh I see. I had missed the LUG part.. not my case then, but thanks for the quick reply ^^

Are there articles on previous events here to get an idea of what that weekend entails?

My searching brings up tons of pages, some help would be appreciated :) 

15 minutes ago, fatum said:

Are there articles on previous events here to get an idea of what that weekend entails?

My searching brings up tons of pages, some help would be appreciated :) 

If you like to know about the past EB events (programs, etc.) this is the place to look.

@en_zoo

meld dich halt einfach auch auf einer der Deutschen Webseiten an ;-)

Doktor-Brick.de oder 1000steine.de

Da bekommst du genaue Infos zum AFOL Shopping etc.

Are some Nocturnians or other GoH at this Exhibition?

Edited by Hersbrucker

Sorry for the dumb question, still discovering the community. 

Is the meeting open to all Eurobricks members, or is there any other conditions to join? Thanks 

6 hours ago, Minique85 said:

Sorry for the dumb question, still discovering the community. 

Is the meeting open to all Eurobricks members, or is there any other conditions to join? Thanks 

It's absolutely open to all members, no conditions.

On 6.1.2017 at 3:21 PM, Calanon said:

Just took a look at flights and it seems I'll probably be arriving at 4PM.

So you're arriving at daytime this year :-D and not in the middle of the night ;-)

37 minutes ago, Aredhel said:

So you're arriving at daytime this year :-D and not in the middle of the night ;-)

Well, I could arrive at 11pm as is tradition... :wink: but the 4PM one is only £10 more expensive.

Man, I've been a member for roughly 7 years here on EB now, but I never really paid attention to this event until now...

I might start reading a bit further into this, maybe I'll try to visit the Event this year.

On Sun Jan 08 2017 at 6:24 AM, bricktect said:

Which airport should I be landing in? Munich or Stuttgart?

Either works, Günzburg being pretty much smack dab in the middle of them, but I'd definitely recommend Munich, as it's just the more exciting city -- sorry to all Stuttgarters. (Then again, I'm biased, since I live in M.) :wink:

On 8.1.2017 at 6:24 AM, bricktect said:

Which airport should I be landing in? Munich or Stuttgart?

Munich, hands down! Connections into Stuttgart are the worst and expensive. There's a reason why I rather take the train from Frankfurt home instead of flying into Stuttgart. 
You might be able to even get direct flights to Munich, it being the second biggest airport in Germany and LH's second hub.

I have read through most of the topics from previous editions but I still can't quite wrap my head around what goes on at these. It seems like in 2013 (the last time the event was held in Gunzburg) there was a Munich city tour for one day and a Legoland visit for two days. I get that hanging out with fellow EBers from around the world can be fun and interesting and of course cheap Lego is always a draw but is there something more compelling that I'm missing?

I am interested in going - may be able to work this in as part of a work trip - but need more information first!

Also I have the option of flying in to Munich or Frankfurt, any suggestions on which is a better choice? 

Main point of these meetings is getting together and enjoying some quality time with people who share same interest. So, it does not matter that much what you do, but with who you do it and how you do it.

But, if you want to know exactly what goes on, here it is (from Gunzburg 2013): atendees mostly sleep at same place, which is very nice "gasthouse" (guesthouse). Besides smaller meet-ups in rooms (most atendeees share rooms, since most are for 3 or 4 people), there is one large meeting room, where people each evening get together, talk about LEGO and related stuff and engage in LEGO related games and activities. After first visit of LEGOLAND a lot of building happens too. Day acitvities mostly include visiting LEGOLAND, where people usualy break into smaller groups (as it is more suitable), but there is also some planned acitvity for all. Of three full days, we spent first and third in LEGOLAND,  and on middle day we went by train to Munich, where locals showed us  the city and of course we also went to LEGO store, where manager showed us around and told us some interesting things.

I'll be there at least on Friday and Saturday. Trying to make Thursday, too, but this depends on my work.

Looking forward to see you all!

On 10.1.2017 at 7:16 AM, elleana said:

Also I have the option of flying in to Munich or Frankfurt, any suggestions on which is a better choice? 

Munich would probably be the better choice as you'd get about two-thirds faster to Gunzburg than from Frankfurt.

Edited by Vaionaut

21 hours ago, Cwetqo said:

Main point of these meetings is getting together and enjoying some quality time with people who share same interest. So, it does not matter that much what you do, but with who you do it and how you do it.

But, if you want to know exactly what goes on, here it is (from Gunzburg 2013): atendees mostly sleep at same place, which is very nice "gasthouse" (guesthouse). Besides smaller meet-ups in rooms (most atendeees share rooms, since most are for 3 or 4 people), there is one large meeting room, where people each evening get together, talk about LEGO and related stuff and engage in LEGO related games and activities. After first visit of LEGOLAND a lot of building happens too. Day acitvities mostly include visiting LEGOLAND, where people usualy break into smaller groups (as it is more suitable), but there is also some planned acitvity for all. Of three full days, we spent first and third in LEGOLAND,  and on middle day we went by train to Munich, where locals showed us  the city and of course we also went to LEGO store, where manager showed us around and told us some interesting things.

Thank you very much for replying. Count me in!

When will more details be available - accommodation arrangements etc? Should I arrange to arrive in Gunzburg on Wednesday evening and leave on Sunday morning?

Edited by elleana

2 hours ago, elleana said:

Thank you very much for replying. Count me in!

When will more details be available - accommodation arrangements etc? Should I arrange to arrive in Gunzburg on Wednesday evening and leave on Sunday morning?

Most of us will arrive on Wednesday late afternoon (or afternoon/evening) and we'll return home on Sunday morning after the breakfast.

Accommodation: for our German event that's usually handled by Holodoc. He's already in contact with the place where we'll be staying. So there should be more info soon.

Program/details: Thursday we'll go to Legoland, Saturday we'll go to Munich (with the train from Gunzburg). Friday is still to be decided (suggestions welcome).

ok, I booked my flight while price was still semi reasonable.

I am arriving in munich at around 16:00 on wednesday. If there is anyone to tag along with for travel to or from that would be great.

Thank you so much for replying in this topic.

This years it really was horrible to find a suitable date. I feel sorry for those who can't come due to this.

For all the eventees who attended an event in recent years: welcome back and for the new eventees a warm welcome.
For all: Please sign up in this new topic. Thank you.

8 hours ago, bricktect said:

ok, I booked my flight while price was still semi reasonable.

I am arriving in munich at around 16:00 on wednesday. If there is anyone to tag along with for travel to or from that would be great.

I should be arriving at precisely 16:00 on Wednesday so I'll join you.

EDIT: I can't seem to find a LUG to join. The only UK-wide one I can find is the Brickish Association but I've been told bad things about that group and you have to post a cheque in. Don't seem to be any in the south of England outside of London. :sad:

Edited by Calanon