ZCerberus

**Book II Challenge V Official Announcment**

194 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Legofin2012 said:

 

33576201215_5b980d702d_c.jpg

 

I cannot say who it is but that rather dashing chap on the far left looks very brave and heroic :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, gedren_y said:

The battle axe is from BrickArms.

Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, The Maestro said:

I cannot say who it is but that rather dashing chap on the far left looks very brave and heroic :laugh:

What about the dashing chap right next to him? :pir-grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

What about the dashing chap right next to him? :pir-grin:

The gent in the back with the quiver outshines the rest, I'd argue...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

The gent in the back with the quiver outshines the rest, I'd argue...

Only because a certain white-haired mage happened to be absent, right? :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Legofin2012 said:

33516432076_9cd5472451_n.jpg

33576201215_5b980d702d_c.jpg

 

Nice work on the sigfigs, Legofin!  I might note that Stian is not exactly accurate, but pretty close.  In the inn picture, the hairpiece from the musician playing the bohdran is the accurate one.  Stian looks funny to me with the longer hair.  In armor, the helmet should be black with a pearl dark gray visor, but the current one is not bad.  Stian also uses a shortsword rather than the longsword shown.  Pearl dark gray is a great color choice, though my sigfig picture has the black shortsword in smooth shiny ABS from the classic armor shop set 6041.  Not everyone has one of those...:wink:  Also note that Stian is left-handed, so the sword should be held in the left hand or sheathed on his right side.  Just minor adjustments, but still glad to see the inclusion of Stian nonetheless!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

22 minutes ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

The gent in the back with the quiver outshines the rest, I'd argue...

Personally, I'm rather fond of a certain fellow in the front middle with a nice broad smile on his face, and some stylish armor.

Great at epic poses, though his beard isn't as impressive in person...

Edited by LittleJohn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, LittleJohn said:

Personally, I'm rather fond of a certain fellow in the front middle with a nice broad smile on his face, and some stylish armor.

Great at epic poses, though his beard isn't as impressive in person...

Isn't that SK's sigfig, LJ? I don't even know what yours looks like...

Or were you talking about Lord Vlad-emort?

Edited by Henjin_Quilones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Isn't that SK's sigfig, LJ? I don't even know what yours looks like...

Or were you talking about Lord Vlad-emort?

Well, ole Sir Glorfy is the next closest thing to having my own sig-fig in the shot :laugh:
And my sig-fig should be easily recalled, tis my avatar :classic:

Edited by LittleJohn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, LittleJohn said:

And my sig-fig should be easily recalled, tis my avatar :classic:

I figured as much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Yes yes, you all look just as pretty as each other :tongue:

6 hours ago, Slegengr said:

Nice work on the sigfigs, Legofin!  I might note that Stian is not exactly accurate, but pretty close.  In the inn picture, the hairpiece from the musician playing the bohdran is the accurate one.  Stian looks funny to me with the longer hair.  In armor, the helmet should be black with a pearl dark gray visor, but the current one is not bad.  Stian also uses a shortsword rather than the longsword shown.  Pearl dark gray is a great color choice, though my sigfig picture has the black shortsword in smooth shiny ABS from the classic armor shop set 6041.  Not everyone has one of those...:wink:  Also note that Stian is left-handed, so the sword should be held in the left hand or sheathed on his right side.  Just minor adjustments, but still glad to see the inclusion of Stian nonetheless!

Admittedly I wasn't sure on the hair, should of asked before I guess, I'll be sure to change it for next time. As for the helmet, turns out just one Pearl dark grey visor costs 8€ (about 10$), so to be honest multiples didn't really fit the budget :look: As for the weapon and which hand he uses can all be changed in the builds :wink:

5 hours ago, LittleJohn said:

Well, ole Sir Glorfy is the next closest thing to having my own sig-fig in the shot :laugh:
And my sig-fig should be easily recalled, tis my avatar :classic:

Sorry about that LJ, I thought I had a falcon torso somewhere, but haven't come across it yet :sceptic: I'll be sure to add your sig-fig if I find one, although I guess there is a way I could "cheat" :look: But until then Sir Glorfy will just have to represent the Snyder brothers! 

Edited by Legofin2012

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I feel like everybody who answered on that thread of yours got a sigfig featured on there except me. It could just be me being really pessimistic right now, but I find that rather interesting...

Edited by Brandon Stark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brandon Stark said:

I feel like everybody who answered on that thread of yours got a sigfig featured on there except me. It could just be me being really pessimistic right now, but I find that rather interesting...

I'm sorry, although it wasn't just you, I couldn't get ahold of the parts for Narbilu or Merc4hire either :sceptic: Not for lack of trying though, it took hours to find the best bricklink store, and the one with the most parts was the most expensive, in the end I ended spending a lot more than I planned to and still not having all the parts I wanted... 

Although I'm pretty sure I have the head and hair for yours somewhere, but the body and legs would have to be changed as I don't have them :sceptic: But if your ok with having just the head and hair the same, then I have I'd happily include you in the actual story builds :classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Legofin2012 said:

Sorry about that LJ, I thought I had a falcon torso somewhere, but haven't come across it yet :sceptic: I'll be sure to add your sig-fig if I find one, although I guess there is a way I could "cheat" :look: But until then Sir Glorfy will just have to represent the Snyder brothers! 

No problem at all, I was just having fun with the 'best hero' conversation :classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Legofin2012 said:

As for the helmet, turns out just one Pearl dark grey visor costs 8€ (about 10$), so to be honest multiples didn't really fit the budget :look:

:wink: I thought this was the case.  I was able to purchase 12 of these visors for $1.50 on BL about 4 years ago, so I use them pretty freely (with black helmets, as the pearl dark gray helmets were in the range of $3-$4 at the time, and have increased in price since then).  I actually like the helmet you used for Stian quite a bit!

I am looking forward to what people have in store for Category C!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Legofin2012 said:

I'm sorry, although it wasn't just you, I couldn't get ahold of the parts for Narbilu or Merc4hire either :sceptic: Not for lack of trying though, it took hours to find the best bricklink store, and the one with the most parts was the most expensive, in the end I ended spending a lot more than I planned to and still not having all the parts I wanted... 

Although I'm pretty sure I have the head and hair for yours somewhere, but the body and legs would have to be changed as I don't have them :sceptic: But if your ok with having just the head and hair the same, then I have I'd happily include you in the actual story builds :classic:

Don't worry, I was in a bad mood yesterday so I didn't really mean what I said. I was a little curious as to why I wasn't there, but didn't know how to put it into words. As for my sigfig's legs and torso, you can literally use almost everything from any of the Kingdoms Dragon Knight armor to any of the LoTR/The Hobbit torsos and legs. Some CMF torsos and legs, such as the elf or the scary knight, if you have more than one of those, would also work. As long as my sigfig isn't dressed in the clothing of the opposite gender or reveals too much skin, that should be fine. If you're still unsure you can PM me if you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23 March 2017 at 4:42 PM, Brandon Stark said:

Don't worry, I was in a bad mood yesterday so I didn't really mean what I said. I was a little curious as to why I wasn't there, but didn't know how to put it into words. As for my sigfig's legs and torso, you can literally use almost everything from any of the Kingdoms Dragon Knight armor to any of the LoTR/The Hobbit torsos and legs. Some CMF torsos and legs, such as the elf or the scary knight, if you have more than one of those, would also work. As long as my sigfig isn't dressed in the clothing of the opposite gender or reveals too much skin, that should be fine. If you're still unsure you can PM me if you want.

It's fine, I probably should of asked if changing the body was a problem before, but during my cat C entry I'm planning on introducing a few new characters and will most likely take another group photo at the end again, so I'll make sure the Lord of Dragonstone is included :wink: I'm sure I'll find a suitable torso, and like I said earlier, no one was left out or ever will be for "personal" reasons, or any other reason than I didn't have the parts, but apologies again :classic:

 

And also, @ZCerberus I know Henjin has already asked, but I too would really appreciate and benefit from a deadline extension for Cat C, as I'm rapidly running out of time already :look:

Edited by Legofin2012

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since I won't have time to make a serious Cat C entry I am keeping my fingers crossed that my sigfig will appear in the winning story :classic:
(After a few crazy Lego weeks, culminating in the annual LUG event, I have promised my wife to let her have some more time for her hobbies for a while now... glad I managed to enter 2/3 categories here at least!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am rather disappointed in my lack of time.  I was able to do about 4 hours a month of building, and I am down to 1 now if I'm lucky.  I wasn't able to build a Cat B entry, and was hoping to be able to do a Cat C entry, but I can tell already I won't be able to.  I'm working 70-80 hours a week at the moment and the intake on my car started leaking, so I am in the middle of replacing it.  In replacing it I found that my TBI needs to be rebuilt, so I have added that to my list of things to do.  In any case, it's frustrating, and I'm sorry I'm not building and posting more.  I think I'm going to aim for some free builds whenever I get around to it, and hopefully things will slow down again soon.  Best of luck to everyone who's going to be entering Category C and I look forward to seeing the entries!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.