ZCerberus

**Book II Challenge V Official Announcment**

6 hours ago, Legofin2012 said:

33576201215_5b980d702d_c.jpg

I cannot say who it is but that rather dashing chap on the far left looks very brave and heroic :laugh:

11 hours ago, The Maestro said:

I cannot say who it is but that rather dashing chap on the far left looks very brave and heroic :laugh:

What about the dashing chap right next to him? :pir-grin:

13 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

What about the dashing chap right next to him? :pir-grin:

The gent in the back with the quiver outshines the rest, I'd argue...

6 minutes ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Only because a certain white-haired mage happened to be absent, right? :tongue:

18 hours ago, Legofin2012 said:

33516432076_9cd5472451_n.jpg

Nice work on the sigfigs, Legofin!  I might note that Stian is not exactly accurate, but pretty close.  In the inn picture, the hairpiece from the musician playing the bohdran is the accurate one.  Stian looks funny to me with the longer hair.  In armor, the helmet should be black with a pearl dark gray visor, but the current one is not bad.  Stian also uses a shortsword rather than the longsword shown.  Pearl dark gray is a great color choice, though my sigfig picture has the black shortsword in smooth shiny ABS from the classic armor shop set 6041.  Not everyone has one of those...:wink:  Also note that Stian is left-handed, so the sword should be held in the left hand or sheathed on his right side.  Just minor adjustments, but still glad to see the inclusion of Stian nonetheless!

22 minutes ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Personally, I'm rather fond of a certain fellow in the front middle with a nice broad smile on his face, and some stylish armor.

Great at epic poses, though his beard isn't as impressive in person...

Edited by LittleJohn

15 minutes ago, LittleJohn said:

Personally, I'm rather fond of a certain fellow in the front middle with a nice broad smile on his face, and some stylish armor.

Great at epic poses, though his beard isn't as impressive in person...

Isn't that SK's sigfig, LJ? I don't even know what yours looks like...

Or were you talking about Lord Vlad-emort?

Edited by Henjin_Quilones

19 minutes ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Isn't that SK's sigfig, LJ? I don't even know what yours looks like...

Or were you talking about Lord Vlad-emort?

Well, ole Sir Glorfy is the next closest thing to having my own sig-fig in the shot :laugh:
And my sig-fig should be easily recalled, tis my avatar :classic:

Edited by LittleJohn

Yes yes, you all look just as pretty as each other :tongue:

6 hours ago, Slegengr said:

Nice work on the sigfigs, Legofin!  I might note that Stian is not exactly accurate, but pretty close.  In the inn picture, the hairpiece from the musician playing the bohdran is the accurate one.  Stian looks funny to me with the longer hair.  In armor, the helmet should be black with a pearl dark gray visor, but the current one is not bad.  Stian also uses a shortsword rather than the longsword shown.  Pearl dark gray is a great color choice, though my sigfig picture has the black shortsword in smooth shiny ABS from the classic armor shop set 6041.  Not everyone has one of those...:wink:  Also note that Stian is left-handed, so the sword should be held in the left hand or sheathed on his right side.  Just minor adjustments, but still glad to see the inclusion of Stian nonetheless!

Admittedly I wasn't sure on the hair, should of asked before I guess, I'll be sure to change it for next time. As for the helmet, turns out just one Pearl dark grey visor costs 8€ (about 10$), so to be honest multiples didn't really fit the budget :look: As for the weapon and which hand he uses can all be changed in the builds :wink:

5 hours ago, LittleJohn said:

Well, ole Sir Glorfy is the next closest thing to having my own sig-fig in the shot :laugh:
And my sig-fig should be easily recalled, tis my avatar :classic:

Sorry about that LJ, I thought I had a falcon torso somewhere, but haven't come across it yet :sceptic: I'll be sure to add your sig-fig if I find one, although I guess there is a way I could "cheat" :look: But until then Sir Glorfy will just have to represent the Snyder brothers! 

Edited by Legofin2012

I feel like everybody who answered on that thread of yours got a sigfig featured on there except me. It could just be me being really pessimistic right now, but I find that rather interesting...

Edited by Brandon Stark

1 hour ago, Brandon Stark said:

I feel like everybody who answered on that thread of yours got a sigfig featured on there except me. It could just be me being really pessimistic right now, but I find that rather interesting...

I'm sorry, although it wasn't just you, I couldn't get ahold of the parts for Narbilu or Merc4hire either :sceptic: Not for lack of trying though, it took hours to find the best bricklink store, and the one with the most parts was the most expensive, in the end I ended spending a lot more than I planned to and still not having all the parts I wanted... 

Although I'm pretty sure I have the head and hair for yours somewhere, but the body and legs would have to be changed as I don't have them :sceptic: But if your ok with having just the head and hair the same, then I have I'd happily include you in the actual story builds :classic:

14 hours ago, Legofin2012 said:

Sorry about that LJ, I thought I had a falcon torso somewhere, but haven't come across it yet :sceptic: I'll be sure to add your sig-fig if I find one, although I guess there is a way I could "cheat" :look: But until then Sir Glorfy will just have to represent the Snyder brothers! 

No problem at all, I was just having fun with the 'best hero' conversation :classic:

17 hours ago, Legofin2012 said:

As for the helmet, turns out just one Pearl dark grey visor costs 8€ (about 10$), so to be honest multiples didn't really fit the budget :look:

:wink: I thought this was the case.  I was able to purchase 12 of these visors for $1.50 on BL about 4 years ago, so I use them pretty freely (with black helmets, as the pearl dark gray helmets were in the range of $3-$4 at the time, and have increased in price since then).  I actually like the helmet you used for Stian quite a bit!

I am looking forward to what people have in store for Category C!

17 hours ago, Legofin2012 said:

I'm sorry, although it wasn't just you, I couldn't get ahold of the parts for Narbilu or Merc4hire either :sceptic: Not for lack of trying though, it took hours to find the best bricklink store, and the one with the most parts was the most expensive, in the end I ended spending a lot more than I planned to and still not having all the parts I wanted... 

Although I'm pretty sure I have the head and hair for yours somewhere, but the body and legs would have to be changed as I don't have them :sceptic: But if your ok with having just the head and hair the same, then I have I'd happily include you in the actual story builds :classic:

Don't worry, I was in a bad mood yesterday so I didn't really mean what I said. I was a little curious as to why I wasn't there, but didn't know how to put it into words. As for my sigfig's legs and torso, you can literally use almost everything from any of the Kingdoms Dragon Knight armor to any of the LoTR/The Hobbit torsos and legs. Some CMF torsos and legs, such as the elf or the scary knight, if you have more than one of those, would also work. As long as my sigfig isn't dressed in the clothing of the opposite gender or reveals too much skin, that should be fine. If you're still unsure you can PM me if you want.

On 23 March 2017 at 4:42 PM, Brandon Stark said:

Don't worry, I was in a bad mood yesterday so I didn't really mean what I said. I was a little curious as to why I wasn't there, but didn't know how to put it into words. As for my sigfig's legs and torso, you can literally use almost everything from any of the Kingdoms Dragon Knight armor to any of the LoTR/The Hobbit torsos and legs. Some CMF torsos and legs, such as the elf or the scary knight, if you have more than one of those, would also work. As long as my sigfig isn't dressed in the clothing of the opposite gender or reveals too much skin, that should be fine. If you're still unsure you can PM me if you want.

It's fine, I probably should of asked if changing the body was a problem before, but during my cat C entry I'm planning on introducing a few new characters and will most likely take another group photo at the end again, so I'll make sure the Lord of Dragonstone is included :wink: I'm sure I'll find a suitable torso, and like I said earlier, no one was left out or ever will be for "personal" reasons, or any other reason than I didn't have the parts, but apologies again :classic:

And also, @ZCerberus I know Henjin has already asked, but I too would really appreciate and benefit from a deadline extension for Cat C, as I'm rapidly running out of time already :look:

Edited by Legofin2012

Since I won't have time to make a serious Cat C entry I am keeping my fingers crossed that my sigfig will appear in the winning story :classic:
(After a few crazy Lego weeks, culminating in the annual LUG event, I have promised my wife to let her have some more time for her hobbies for a while now... glad I managed to enter 2/3 categories here at least!)

I am rather disappointed in my lack of time.  I was able to do about 4 hours a month of building, and I am down to 1 now if I'm lucky.  I wasn't able to build a Cat B entry, and was hoping to be able to do a Cat C entry, but I can tell already I won't be able to.  I'm working 70-80 hours a week at the moment and the intake on my car started leaking, so I am in the middle of replacing it.  In replacing it I found that my TBI needs to be rebuilt, so I have added that to my list of things to do.  In any case, it's frustrating, and I'm sorry I'm not building and posting more.  I think I'm going to aim for some free builds whenever I get around to it, and hopefully things will slow down again soon.  Best of luck to everyone who's going to be entering Category C and I look forward to seeing the entries!

So after some consideration I thought why not. So I entered Category C and I think personally it would be a good story but id like feedback on the story more than the builds I will make because I already know I'm not the best builder. Thankyou

On 21/03/2017 at 9:31 PM, Legofin2012 said:

Well I've got a complete story written out and just finished the first build

33516432076_9cd5472451_n.jpg

I just received a long awaited parcel containing some of the parts I needed for other Sig-figs.

My my! I almost missed all of your work here, Legofin! As I won't be able to enter (got an unfinished build for cat. B, obviously missed the deadline.. :/), I'm REALLY glad to see that someone else is going all out! I think you did a great job with everyone's sig-figs, even buying missing parts on BL! Really an awesome job, man! :thumbup::thumbup:

As for the BL store with most parts and most expensive, given that you're my side of the pond, I bet you're referring to the Portuguese guy 'Give me a Brick'?

Oh and Laesonar is super happy to have a drink with a lady at the Inn, indeed :wink:

Finished entry for category C :) hope you guys enjoy. My little sister ended up smashing the build and I had to rebuild the best I could so it may not be the best but I beleive it is worth consideration.

Edited by Souinotlim of the Undead

Extension?

Here is the truth- when I set this, I was peeking at the Calendar on the computer- what I didn't realize is that Cat C. deadline fell on Easter Sunday.

My bad.  I realize we are a global community, but that seems like bad form on my part.

As such, you slackers are getting your extension.  April 30 is the new deadline.  For those of you who have submitted, you may modify your entry until April 30 if it suits you.