Sign in to follow this  
SNIPE

[MOD] Technic Mercedes Arocs

Hi,

I modded the mercadees benz arocs so that it has steering and suspention and drive on the two front axles as well as acenter diff between the two, RC steering, and a drive motor for the wheels. The flat 6 is in the same place roughly and the gearbox motor is roughly in the sam place too.

Now I'm trying to add the same sort of outriggers that the 42009 has, but to the mercadees benz arocs, I ALSO am trying to have the steering axle going through this assembly to the rear wheels as well as a centre differential underneath. the outriggers. This sounds like a lot yes but the pnumatic pump can be moved to the back and there is new connectors now to make more compact assemblies.

The gearbox would still have two clutches, the only difference, is the pnumatic pump is connected to the same output as the turntable, which frees up one output for the small linear actuators of the outriggers.

Does anybody have any ideas on building this? I have been trying but I cannot seem to put my ideas into actual assemblies.

I think it is a good idea to use the black 12tooth 13L gear strips like in the 42009 because the arocs outriggers are much too cumbersome.

I did manage to fit a centre differential under the original arocs outriggers which is good.

The purple axle is for the tipper, the green axle is for the turntable , the orange and brown axle are for the outrigers.

untitled.JPG

Edited by SNIPE

Maybe you could free up some space by using pneumatics for the outriggers' "feet".

On another note, any chance you could post some detailed pics of the modded front axle?

I'll rebuild the front axles engine, etc and post it in this reply soon.

I think using pnumatics for the outriggers is a good idea but was more wanting to try the challenge of using mini LA's but made more stable, like in the 42009.