Kai NRG

Uncle's Disenchantment

As you may recall, Guy’s Uncle had a wonderful get-rich-quick scheme.  He plotted to force Eslandola’s cities to buy his hang-resistant palm trees so that justice could always be close at hand (having to walk to the beach was very annoying).  So Uncle showed up one day as Guy was chilling out from a long day of work setting up the new Colonial Council, by admiring a model of a ship he had recently commissioned for the MCTC.

31563615280_8585b8c718.jpg

“I’ve got a job for you.”

“Uncle!?!?!?”

“I’m going into the palm tree business.”

“Um… I… how did you – palm tree business?  You’ve been in that one ever since I can remember!”

“I'm taking it to new heights.  And I want you to help me.”

“Um… well… yeah, that would be great, but – well, I’m kind of like… really busy right now…”

Guy’s Uncle looked around the porch, clearly unconvinced.

“I was just – taking a little break,” Guy explained.

“Mm-hmm.  What’s that?”  Uncle pointed with his stick to the miniature ship.

31899601696_f7392d5567.jpg

“Oh… it’s a little model ship.  The original should be completed soon and chartered by the MCTC.”

“Wyndzon Shipwrights?”

“No, actually – a MAESTRO shipwright is building it for us.  That is…” Guy instantly regretted having mentioned this fact.  He went on, talking as fast as he could, “I really am very busy.  Besides, you know me.  Never could grow anything.  Don’t have a green thumb!”

“No, that’s not the sort of help I need.  I want you to legislate a new requirement.  Each city must have a grove of palm trees in the town square.  To facilitate executing justice.”

“Oh!  That’s an interesting… well, let’s see.  We have to wait until a new Admius Legistrad is elected, but then we could introduce the piece of legislation before the Colonial Council, and if they pass it…”

31563588730_7ec22726da.jpg

“What?”

“Oh!  I had forgotten – you weren’t here – see, we developed a new constitution!  Eslandola now has a Continental Council – that’s me, Wilkinson, Filamento, and Guilder – he’s been added recently – and we’re busy electing a Colonial Council – eight positions, three seats each.  Exciting times, don’t you think, Uncle?  We didn’t go to pieces without you, after all!”  Guy rubbed his hands nervously and glanced at his Uncle, who seemed less than impressed.

“No!  You’ve done worse!”

“Worse?”

“Yes!  You’ve gone mad!  Stark, staring mad!  Constitution, forsooth!  Constitution be hung!”  Guy’s Uncle left in a huff, but turned back to shout, “I’ll get you for this, or you aren’t my nephew!  You can’t change Eslandola’s government system with impunity!  It’ll come back to haunt you – mark my words!”

This was a fairly quick vig mainly to advance the storyline... I'm getting a little tired of scenes that are just two people talking, and went a little wild with the colors on this one. :pir-grin:  To put it mildly.  C&C welcome... and the sequel should come soon as Uncle begins to take his revenge... :smug:

Colours, which colours?  :pir-laugh:

Nice plants, nice micro ship and nice photography where uncle is pointing.

But alas, he does not like how things are evolving in our country :pir-cry_sad:

Colours make for good looking photography. :classic:

He'd better watch his step. Slipping on palm oil can be bad. :wink:

:laugh: Uncle never disappoints, and this story is no exception. Can't wait to see what his reaction will be.

The build is also nice. Small, but not lacking in detail. The fence posts at the corners are especially worth noting, and I always enjoy seeing different designs for microscale ships. The table and chair appear to be a little too modern in my opinion, but they're still very well built.

On 12/28/2016 at 2:57 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Colours, which colours?  :pir-laugh:

Nice plants, nice micro ship and nice photography where uncle is pointing.

But alas, he does not like how things are evolving in our country :pir-cry_sad:

:pir-grin: Thanks Captain!  And no, Uncle isn't much of a republican... :pir-laugh:

On 12/28/2016 at 6:35 PM, Elostirion said:

Lovely, some fantastic techniques for the miniatures. Impressive!

Thanks Elostirion!  I always enjoy playing around with miniature ships!

On 12/28/2016 at 6:52 PM, dr_spock said:

Colours make for good looking photography. :classic:

He'd better watch his step. Slipping on palm oil can be bad. :wink:

:pir-laugh:  Thank you!

On 12/28/2016 at 9:34 PM, Captain Genaro said:

:laugh: Uncle never disappoints, and this story is no exception. Can't wait to see what his reaction will be.

The build is also nice. Small, but not lacking in detail. The fence posts at the corners are especially worth noting, and I always enjoy seeing different designs for microscale ships. The table and chair appear to be a little too modern in my opinion, but they're still very well built.

Thanks CG!  Yeah, the chair is a rather modern style, but I exhaust my repertoire of medieval chairs pretty quickly!

Ba, the colours are fine :wink: 

I absolutely love the story, I don't mind a scene of two people just talking, as long as one of them is Guy's uncle!

I love the colors in this build! And the microship.:thumbup:  I agree that the table is little too modern for the period, but a nice build nonetheless. Well done!

On 1/1/2017 at 10:10 AM, TitusV said:

Ba, the colours are fine :wink: 

I absolutely love the story, I don't mind a scene of two people just talking, as long as one of them is Guy's uncle!

:pir-grin:  Thanks!  Oh, I enjoy writing the story, but I get tired of hashing out such similar builds!  But we might be getting to a bit of adventure now... we'll see!

On 1/2/2017 at 1:30 PM, Capt Wolf said:

I love the colors in this build! And the microship.:thumbup:  I agree that the table is little too modern for the period, but a nice build nonetheless. Well done!

Thanks Capt Wolf!  I run out of table designs all too quickly, and who would be innovative if not Guy Wyndzon? :pir-laugh:  Well, no more glass topped tables I guess.  Too much of a hazard for clumsy maids anyways.