FrankusFurtus

RIP Princess Leia

RIP Carrie Fisher. :cry_sad:

First Kenny, now her... :(

However, this only goes to show how uncertain life is. Spend more time with those you love, we don't know how much longer we have with them.

Such a great person.  She was very funny and entertaining.  A great loss to humanity RIP Carrie Fisher.

The world will be a little poorer from now on, not just for nerds and Star Wars fans, but for a large number of people suffering with depression and Bi-Polar disorder she was a true champion. She had such a delightful sense of humor and wit, all her funny tweets and jokes made me laugh every time. She really reminds me of my mom with that zany personality, very much alike in many respects. If I had the pleasure of knowing her, perhaps we could have been friends. 

See you on the other side, Your Highness. May The Force Be With You.

Her mother just died a few minutes ago

RIP Debbie Reynolds

Edited by Robert8

Seriously? Debbie Reynolds is gone too? I remember her from Singin' in the Rain, which is one of my favorite movies. :cry_sad:

I'm not surprised, the emotional pain must have been so intense for her. I feel so terrible for her family. 

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Her mother just died a few minutes ago

RIP Debbie Reynolds

Yes that is shockingly bizarre timing. Sad to think that Debbie lived to see Carrie die, but she didn't have to live long on the fact... They can be together now.

Very saddening to think she's gone at still a young age. It feels wrong to be talking about what will happen to her character now that she is gone, makes me wish lucasfilm would have started the sequels years ago. :cry_sad:

12 hours ago, quark12000 said:

Carrie had a brother, Todd, and a daughter, Billie.  My thoughts are with them right now.

I kind of hope they make some minor background story retcon to set up Billie's background character in The Force Awakens to be some distant relative of Luke and Leia. Maybe the granddaughter of one of Padme's siblings. It seem it would be fitting to do that to recognize the real life relation of the actors.

Also lets get Gary the dog in Star Wars too. They have dogs in Star Wars don't they?

Alan Rickman, Gene Wilder, David Bowie, George Michael, Carrie Fisher, Debbie Reynolds all died and Donald Trump is president elect. 2016 can't really get much worse unless someone decides to nuke somewhere and send the world into nuclear war, I mean, new years fireworks and all but...

That was incredibly tasteless of me..

Columbus