dmarkng

[MOC] HammerHead Corvette

10 hours ago, ecmo47 said:

No Hammerhead info in the DK Ultimate Visual Guide book.

Thanks for checking it out. Glad I read your post before I stopped by a bookstore. Anything interesting in the book though?

8 hours ago, Gouniaf said:

I'm very excited to see it built, whever you choose to do the Rebels or the Rogue One version.

8 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Yep! Same here 

Thanks! I'll probably build my initial one and then mod it after for comparison.

1 hour ago, ProvenceTristram said:

Any interest in sharing the LDD?

I'd like to build it 1st before doing anything with it.

3 hours ago, dmarkng said:

Thanks for checking it out. Glad I read your post before I stopped by a bookstore. Anything interesting in the book though?

No, nothing that we haven't already seen. Some pages dedicated to the AT-AT variants, the TIE Striker and the U-wing. More interesting was the book "The Art of Rogue One". Originally, the Scarif gate was to be a ring-shaped Star Destroyer docking station. It has some nice sketches of that new Rebel flagship with the big fin underneath (not sure it's name). 

17 hours ago, ecmo47 said:

No, nothing that we haven't already seen. Some pages dedicated to the AT-AT variants, the TIE Striker and the U-wing. More interesting was the book "The Art of Rogue One". Originally, the Scarif gate was to be a ring-shaped Star Destroyer docking station. It has some nice sketches of that new Rebel flagship with the big fin underneath (not sure it's name). 

I happen to be near a book shop and they actually sold out on the Visual Guide. Was hoping to have a look at the other book you were talking about, but they don't seem to carry it.

11 hours ago, Kommander said:

Nice looking ship you have there. I like the version with those pods. Good job!

Thank you =)

Your rendition of the Hammerhead Corvette looks really cool and it is really great to see how your build evolves through input from the rest of the guys! :classic:

10 hours ago, Azrielsc said:

Your rendition of the Hammerhead Corvette looks really cool and it is really great to see how your build evolves through input from the rest of the guys! :classic:

Thanks.

23 hours ago, Kommander said:

Nice looking ship you have there. I like the version with those pods. Good job!

Thank you.

Your Venator is truly impressive.

The line of the ship is well respected, very nice moc ! May be that the hammers might be more angular ?

Edited by Cyh Naan

12 hours ago, Cyh Naan said:

The line of the ship is well respected, very nice moc ! May be that the hammers might be more angular ?

Thanks.

Do you mean to have the head at a less steep angle? Or do you mean more sloped bricks?

I could adjust the angle or even add more slopes but I do not think I'll do it just yet, I have extra pieces for when I do build it. 

The remaining bricks should all arrive I'd say in 2weeks or so, but I still have a couple of other projects lined up. Not sure which one I'd like to start on 1st =s

This is not very important, I mean that, in profile, the extremities of the hammer head are rounded on your moc, while they should make two angles.

Something like that :

Hammerhead.jpg

Edited by Cyh Naan

This Hammerhead Corvette is the best I've ever seen in lego form... EVER! Is there any chance I could get a copy of the LDD file if there is one? I would love to make one and enjoy it! -J

Sorry I havent logged in for awhile.

@Cyh Naan Yea I did consider that, and I could redo it with just some white bricks but I'll leave it for now. Maybe later one =)

I've added 6 escape pods to it, 4th engine up top.
Wasn't entirely necessary, but I put a stand with a sticker plague, will get it printed once the sticker is done.

It's a lot easier to move about than I expected.
Just need to detach the bottom engine for some grip, and I can carry it around.
Need to find adequate space for it as its about 90cm.

I got more pics on flickr and put it up on IDEAs, though I know its a licensed piece and all that comes with that =p...

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/168748

https://www.flickr.com/photos/148920805@N04/with/33024447286/

HammerHead

congratz! it looks spectacular in real. I liked it on renders but now I see it barely did it justice :) Very nice,

Time to bump this thread!  As of today, an instruction manual for this Hammerhead MOC is officially underway!

More updates to follow as the manual progresses.

-Christian

On 3/9/2017 at 4:20 PM, Cjd223 said:

Time to bump this thread!  As of today, an instruction manual for this Hammerhead MOC is officially underway!

More updates to follow as the manual progresses.

-Christian

That will be cool! Did we ever come to a consensus on the scale of this model? I would very much like to add it to the 1/250 fleet! 

9 hours ago, ecmo47 said:

That will be cool! Did we ever come to a consensus on the scale of this model? I would very much like to add it to the 1/250 fleet! 

Given that the finished Model measures a little bit less than 3 feet long, that would make it likely a bit larger than the 1/250 scale. 

Wanted it bigger , so I went with a 1/125 scale, but based off an estimated length since there wasn't any real info on the ship.

1/250 woulda made it in the 45cm range.

Even now I can't find anything =/

@ecmo47 I believe there are quite a few smaller ones at your scale mate.

I've seen some on eBay too at the 40-45cm range.

Bump time!

The manual is complete!  However before releasing it to the public, I will be building one of my own.  All 3,606 parts ordered!  Pics to come when I begin building!

-Christian