Toa_Of_Justice

Hypernova (Exo-Force 10th Anniversary Special MOC)

Hypernova, my revamp of 7712 Supernova, is a special model I made to commemorate the 10th anniversary of Exo-Force (2006-2016).

I first started designing Hypernova in LEGO Digital Designer in May 2015. I finished building the real model in December 2016. I used 661 elements, which came from my own collection, LEGO Pick A Brick Online, LEGO Bricks and Pieces, and BrickLink.

Hypernova can bend and twist around 13 points of articulation, not counting the fingers. The staff features a solar amplifier represented by a 2x3 trans-red light brick (54869/54930c01), which can be turned on and left on thanks to the interaction between the 6M axle (3706) and the 1x2 brick with axle hole (32064). The shield features a "six shooter" (18587 + 18588) laser gun at its center, controlled by a knob behind the shield (story-wise, the control would be in the cockpit). There is a laser sniper drone with folding wings on each arm, a rocket launcher on each shoulder, and a pad with 3 laser guns over each shoulder. The cockpit opens to reveal the controls and the pilot, Capt. Dawn O'Fury. On either side of the cockpit is a pair of full-spectrum sensors, enabling Dawn to see even when she's annihilating enemies with a solar flare. On the back is a pair of folding solar panel wings, which work with the three pairs of two thrusters on each foot to allow Hypernova to fly (story-wise) faster than the speed of sound.

The following models inspired the design of Hypernova:

hypernova01frontwingsout.jpg

hypernova03backwingsout.jpg

hypernova04backwingsin.jpg

hypernova07posedefense.jpg

hypernova09poseoffense2.jpg

hypernova11poseoffense2lightdark.jpg

hypernova12heightimperial.jpg

hypernova13heightmetric.jpg

hypernova14pilotdawnofury.jpg

hypernova15drone1.jpg

LXF File | Brickshelf Gallery

Great homage to Exo-Force. You did a great job renovating the Supernova into a serious MOC. And the way you incorporated little details from the successive years of Exo-Force, like inspiration from the Golden Guardian, and that neat littleĀ drone. Not to mention the lightbrick being merged onto the staff, which was a needed improvement. The wing system is great, looks good and the whole model looks solid and upgraded, like a V.2 of sorts. I have much love for the Exo Force line--the theme that hooked me on LEGO as well as starting my time on this forum. I think you did a bang-up job. You have a seriously good looking mecha that pays enough homage and manages to streamline and improve the original model. Nice work. :thumbup:

EDIT: Your model doesn't have enough stickers. LDD is no excuse. We're talking about Exo-Force here.

Edited by Cyclone Titan

On 1/23/2017 at 8:42 PM, Cyclone Titan said:

Great homage to Exo-Force. You did a great job renovating the Supernova into a serious MOC. And the way you incorporated little details from the successive years of Exo-Force, like inspiration from the Golden Guardian, and that neat littleĀ drone. Not to mention the lightbrick being merged onto the staff, which was a needed improvement. The wing system is great, looks good and the whole model looks solid and upgraded, like a V.2 of sorts. I have much love for the Exo Force line--the theme that hooked me on LEGO as well as starting my time on this forum. I think you did a bang-up job. You have a seriously good looking mecha that pays enough homage and manages to streamline and improve the original model. Nice work. :thumbup:

EDIT: Your model doesn't have enough stickers. LDD is no excuse. We're talking about Exo-Force here.

Thank you for your compliments! :) My excuse for not having stickers isn't LDD, but rather I simply didn't think to add stickers until I saw your post (seriously).

Here is a single-slide PowerPoint presentation with my work so far. The question marks are placeholders for Japanese characters--do you have any suggestions for these? Also, do you have any suggestions for sticker material that's resistant to cracking/peeling?