LEGO Train 12 Volts

ETR 1000 Frecciarossa

ETR 1000 Frecciarossa

Hi Everyone,

under the tree this year I've placed the ETR 1000 also known as Frecciarossa 1000 :wub:

frecciarossa1000-01.jpg

frecciarossa1000-02.jpg

This highspeed train complete my project of Italian locomotives.

The aerodynamic design and cutting-edge solutions for energy saving, as well as ensuring an unmatched operational efficiency, give to ETR 1000 more than a record: the fastest train ever mass-produced in Europe, with better acceleration and low noise, less vibration and low environmental impact:classic:

frecciarossa1000-09.jpg

frecciarossa1000-08.jpg

The design is even more aerodynamic of the previous Frecciarossa 500

frecciarossa1000-05.jpg

frecciarossa1000-15.jpgtyty

This train is powerd by two PF motors ...and have lights as always for my trains! :wink:

frecciarossa1000-10.jpg

The switches are under the main body

frecciarossa1000-11.jpg

frecciarossa1000-12.jpg

Enjoy the pictures! :blush:

frecciarossa1000-04.jpg

frecciarossa1000-03.jpg

frecciarossa1000-06.jpg

frecciarossa1000-07.jpg

frecciarossa1000-13.jpg

frecciarossa1000-14.jpg

frecciarossa1000-16.jpg

frecciarossa1000-17.jpg

frecciarossa1000-18.jpg

frecciarossa1000-19.jpg

frecciarossa1000-20.jpg

frecciarossa1000-21.jpg

frecciarossa1000-22.jpg

frecciarossa1000-23.jpg

frecciarossa1000-24.jpg

frecciarossa1000-25.jpg

frecciarossa1000-26.jpg

frecciarossa1000-27.jpg

frecciarossa1000-28.jpg

frecciarossa1000-29.jpg

frecciarossa1000-30.jpg

frecciarossa1000-31.jpg

frecciarossa1000-32.jpg

frecciarossa1000-33.jpg

frecciarossa1000-34.jpg

Now a complete picture of the collection: in the center the little Sogliola Badoni, then clockwise G2000 Serfer, Taurus E190, E424, E326, E444 Tartaruga, E656 Caimano, ETR 500 and ETR 1000!

frecciarossa1000-35.jpg

Merry Christmas to you all! :classic:

Impressive work, as usual, and very exaustive collection of some of the best italian trains. By the way, i am waiting for a large picture of your trains, not just the LDD version.

p.s.

Why you posted here and not in Lego Train Tech?

6 minutes ago, Ex cinno said:

Impressive work, as usual, and very exaustive collection of some of the best italian trains. By the way, i am waiting for a large picture of your trains, not just the LDD version.

p.s.

Why you posted here and not in Lego Train Tech?

I'm planning to take a picture of all my trains as you suggest :classic:

I've posted here for a mistake! :sceptic:

Formation of electric cabs nose is fine. With such a small train width 6 degree of similarity was achieved incredibly high. I have one question. What are you doing with its magnificent creations afterwards? You do not feel sorry of dismantling? You can not leave them all the time and leave to enjoy their long winter evenings?

Edited by Nemo57

Molto bene.  You did great nose job.  :thumbup:

You can probably ask a MOD like Rick to move it to the Train Forum.

This looks great! I got to ride a couple of these while in Italy this past summer. The only constructive criticism I could add is that the basic Lego wheels don't do it justice, I think it would look even better with some nice detailed  bogies.

8 hours ago, peedeejay said:

Incredible shaping and details. Stunning work!

Many thanks peedeejay for your words! :thumbup:

8 hours ago, Nemo57 said:

What are you doing with its magnificent creations afterwards? You do not feel sorry of dismantling? You can not leave them all the time and leave to enjoy their long winter evenings?

All my collection is assembled ...and all the locomotives are made to run on a large layout! :classic:

6 hours ago, Captain Green Hair said:

You did a great Job capturing the shape of the nose AND the coloured lines, top notch!

Thanks Captain ...you're to kind! :blush:

52 minutes ago, dr_spock said:

You can probably ask a MOD like Rick to move it to the Train Forum.

Right, already done! :wink:

48 minutes ago, CrispyBassist said:

The only constructive criticism I could add is that the basic Lego wheels don't do it justice, I think it would look even better with some nice detailed  bogies.

This is a good point of view that I share, but the advantage of standard bogie is that makes the train extremely fast and smooth :classic:

This is breathtaking!!! :wub_drool:

Absolutely unbelievable how you managed to build these streamlined shapes, not to speak of the brick-built colour scheme. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Now I'm puzzling over the doors and how the three-studs wide section is fixed inside the white frames... *huh*

And I've learned about two (beautiful) trains I had never heard of before. Thanks for that!

Merry Christmas!

28 minutes ago, Tenderlok said:

Now I'm puzzling over the doors and how the three-studs wide section is fixed inside the white frames... *huh*

And I've learned about two (beautiful) trains I had never heard of before. Thanks for that!

Merry Christmas!

Thanks Sven ...the three-studs wide section is completed with three technics brick 1x2 with axlehole on top, so you can arrenge a tile 1 x 4 on the hollow studs and switch between odd and even :wink: 

Merry Christmas to you too!

Great work, well done! I really like modern high speed trains build in LEGO. You did extremely well with the streamlined nose and the shift from the slope nose to the roof section. And you covered the color scheme extremely good with bricks and minimum stickers.

Merry Christmas! 

Holger

Exceptional set of Italian trains. I've ridden on the 500 series and thought they were wonderful. These are great models and instantly recognizable. Great work.

It is a beautiful train with tons of really nice solutions. My favourite is the white pattern around the door.

Have you considered using 2×4 wedge brick on the front, right under the lights, placed on 2×4 gray wedge plates? the other thing bother my eyes a little bit is the height of the gray part above the windows - according to the photo of the real train (sideview on the bridge) it should be lower with one plates and replaced by a black plate line above the windows.

Wow that is awesome! A high speed train with a brick built aerodynamic front end, makes the official Lego set look really cheap and lame. Fantastic train, amazingly good work and very cool. 

On 25/12/2016 at 0:12 PM, HoMa said:

You did extremely well with the streamlined nose and the shift from the slope nose to the roof section. And you covered the color scheme extremely good with bricks and minimum stickers.

Merry Christmas! 

Holger

Thanks Holger ...Merry Christmas to you too! :classic:

On 25/12/2016 at 4:36 PM, Feuer Zug said:

These are great models and instantly recognizable. Great work.

Thanks Feuer Zug :blush:

On 25/12/2016 at 6:24 PM, Ashi Valkoinen said:

It is a beautiful train with tons of really nice solutions. My favourite is the white pattern around the door.

The white pattern around the door is also one of my favorite details

4 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Wow that is awesome! A high speed train with a brick built aerodynamic front end, makes the official Lego set look really cheap and lame.

LOL :laugh: ...but official lego trains are lighter than MOCs, so they are fast and playable

2 hours ago, Steph 104th said:

Another fantastic representation. I absolutely love the shaping you achieved, it runs beautifully into those fantastic lines.

I am charmed by these lines too :thumbup:

Edited by LEGO Train 12 Volts

2 hours ago, legoman666 said:

Very clever nose design. Sucks that those wedges have the knockouts for studs on their sides. They kind of ruin the sleek look.

I agree ...but if you like Lego you have to deal with studs! :grin:

Wonderful train! Great job on the slopes and you did match the coloured stripes very well!

Oh WOW. What a beauty. That train is fantastic. Amazing capture of the difficult shape of the original.
And nice to see this high speed train in LEGO. It looks a bit short though. Any chance of more wagons?

21 minutes ago, Asper said:

Wonderful train! Great job on the slopes and you did match the coloured stripes very well!

Yeah looking at the photos of the real train and this build the stripes are beautifully executed, as is pretty much everything. Master builder. 

21 hours ago, PrisonBrick said:

These are Creator Expert Train! Great job!

13 hours ago, Asper said:

12 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Yeah looking at the photos of the real train and this build the stripes are beautifully executed, as is pretty much everything. Master builder. 

Thanks again guys ...you're too much kind :blush:

13 hours ago, Man with a hat said:

Oh WOW. What a beauty.

Any chance of more wagons?

Thanks also to you Man with a hat; about new wagons I'm afraid to making the convoy too heavy an less fast ...this is the best compromise! :wink:

Awesome trains & ingenious building techniques to make that nose work. Very nice - real killers!