Ahzeal

DK: Rogue One, The Ultimate Visual Guide Book

So I just got this book today and so far few interesting things... 

The Hover Tank is called the TX-255 Occupier and comes in two main modules. The main one uses a continuous track assembly (a tank track) for propulsion. A secondary model uses repulsorlifters to hover slightly above the ground. The key thing the book says is its the main track assembly version that was used on Jedha not the hover tank! Additionally the book shows that a tank has three crew. A commander that sits at the back and can use the rear hatch to look out. I pilot that sits at the front and who's head normally protrudes out of the front hatch. Then an additional 3rd crew member who sits next to the pilot just slightly lower and who is the gunner. 

Another interesting fact is the Tie Striker seats 2. It has a seat in the rear for an optional bombedier / gunner. Now the lego model does have an opening at the back but it doesn't fit a minifig. 

So I have both these sets but I haven't built them yet but now when I do I want to try and modify them in line with this information from the book.

Edited by WhiteFang
Update of title for better clarity

I got this book today too and noticed the same things!! It also gives the names and backgrounds to many of the rebel soldiers too including at least 3 of the 4 rebels in the battle pack - you can easily match them up by uniform details and facial hair!! (I had assumed they were just "generic rebel soldiers"!) 

The book is a fascinating read and It's background details like this that I love about Star Wars!! 

I have updated your topic title for better clarity. It's not called Rouge. :wink: 

Topic moved to Culture and Multimedia. Yes, I also bought this book and have great plans for using this newly acquired information to integrate with my new LEGO Rogue One sets. Real exciting to be reading the information that was all over the place in the movie even the little tiny things too. Outstanding publication. 

Beware, lots of spoilers in there. Don't read it before the movies. 

Does the book talk about the imperial rank insignia? It's gonna be a while before I can get it.

43 minutes ago, Calanon said:

Does the book talk about the imperial rank insignia? It's gonna be a while before I can get it.

Yes, it touched on it very briefly but focused on the Imperial Command characters within the movie. This also encompass the Imperial Support as well. 

It's a nice book - they seemed to have combined the previous vehicle cut-aways into one book with the Visual Guide which makes for a bigger book with a slightly higher page count/cost. There's still some shots from the trailer that never appeared in the final film featured though but I always have a good laugh at some of the ridiculous descriptions of character kit that the author attaches to images.

I had a look at the Art of Rogue One book too the other day and that features some great concept art. I'll probably pick that up ocne the price drops a bit.

Actually I believe there are two versions of the Imperial tank. The one in Rogue One has treads but there is a hover version in the Han Solo comics. Which means Lego gave us the tank from the comics and not the movie.

I would wholeheartedly suggest buying this book if you are into the Star Wars visual guides. Possible one of the best released so far just for the visual references provided. 

Dear talented MOC-ers!

I've just received my copy of the great book Rogue One The Ultimate Visual Guide, and while some of you might very well be aware of it- or even utilizing it for your creations, I want to draw all of your attention to it. It is basically the usual Visual dictionary mixed with the Incredible Cross-sections books, and contains a lot of useful information on everything Rogue One, but mostly the vehicle sections are what I believe will prove a good source for many of you.

I thought I'd share just two pictures of it, so maybe I'm still not too naughty, and I think some of you may appreciate it, it shows the scale of most prominent RO vehicles to each other:  

kvWRKdOmC2vfBNfPEkfi7HIBbf_Rb-clH01dpCg7

p2Zw21r_haIKIXcCiS4ZGR-gLpkUf4MOJ6H53yJd

Hope you find it useful, and I urge you to buy the book, it's a great album, and I think most of us can afford it, who spend a somewhat hardly justifiable amount of our money on LEGO normally :D

Edited by brobert

Thanks! I think I'm going to build a UCS Tie striker in the future, so this will be helpful to scale next to my U-Wing. I keep on forgetting to buy the goddamn book! :laugh:

Just now, Ellisss_2 said:

Thanks! I think I'm going to build a UCS Tie striker in the future, so this will be helpful to scale next to my U-Wing. I keep on forgetting to buy the goddamn book! :laugh:

Well, the Striker is a pretty straightforward design (or if you ask me: boring :P) so you shouldn't have a problem with that. 

But it has some great images and cross-section of the U-wing, that might be useful for your MOC that you already started. :wink:

The tank in that image seems absurdly small unless the tank is really not nearly as large as it appears.

1 minute ago, Forresto said:

The tank in that image seems absurdly small unless the tank is really not nearly as large as it appears.

Ahaha! It looks miniscule, I didn't even see it! :laugh: Might be an error with the book, the others look accurate to me.

Did anyone notice that the TIE Striker's wings don't move up and down in the movie?

Maybe the concept art changed after LEGO designed theirs.

Edited by VaderFan2187

1 hour ago, Forresto said:

The image is accurate, look at the chart on the top left, according to the data sheet it is 7.3 meters long. 

It's just that all the other crafts are much much bigger than that.

43 minutes ago, Artizan said:

Is there an image of that TIE transport that is used to deliver the death troopers?

Unfortunately I didn't see any.

1 hour ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Did anyone notice that the TIE Striker's wings don't move up and down in the movie?

Or just Lego wanted to add a play feature, we've seen things like that before. 

There's concept art in "The Art of Star Wars Rogue One" that shows one preliminary TIE Striker variant that looks exactly like the Lego one:

http://i.imgur.com/9Ul7euU.jpg

It's pretty clear the TLG version is version 2A...which is not the one used in the movie. Looks great though.

Edited by Supersonic

You sure?

In the game Star Wars Battlefront in the Rogue One DLC you can clearly see tie strikers in their landing positions. I could not find an image but look at this video at 10:36 . Not sure if this is in the film but it's definitely a feature of the fighter.

28 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

There's concept art in "The Art of Star Wars Rogue One" that shows one preliminary TIE Striker variant that looks exactly like the Lego one:

http://i.imgur.com/9Ul7euU.jpg

It's pretty clear the TLG version is version 2A...which is not the one used in the movie. Looks great though.

Well it is the movie version, only in a different wing arrangement. In the downward position the wings do look better though.

48 minutes ago, Spud The Viking said:

You sure?

In the game Star Wars Battlefront in the Rogue One DLC you can clearly see tie strikers in their landing positions. I could not find an image but look at this video at 10:36 . Not sure if this is in the film but it's definitely a feature of the fighter.

Ahh interesting, I see it. However it seems like LEGO messed up then, as they put it as wing-up = flight mode, wing-down = landing mode.

16 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Ahh interesting, I see it. However it seems like LEGO messed up then, as they put it as wing-up = flight mode, wing-down = landing mode.

I don't think they did, they are in wing-up mode in the space battles (in battlefront) as well. Wing-down is probably atmospheric mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCeR8CVirss

btw what does the second picture depict? it's not working for me.

Edited by khatmorg