Sharwood1

LDD- graphics driver failure help

Hey the other day LDD was working fine I think I changed the compatibility mode level bye mistake.

Now when I open the program a small window pops up and says this

Graphics driver failure
LLD has caught an exception in the OpenGL display driver, and will need to close.
Click OK to Put LDD in to compatibility mode when you restart LDD, or click Cancel to close LDD.
Note: You can change LDD's compatibility mode level after restarting the program.

When I press Ok a window comes up and it says Initializing with a loading bar but the bar dusnt load ect. And the background says "safe mode" all over it. 

This same thing happened to me a couple days ago and I have been looking all over for a fix. 

I decided to try running LDD in safe mode cause I was attempting to build a set using a 48x48 plate and needed to add in a 32x32 plate. When I had the 48x48 set on screen and then tried to place a 32x32 on the screen and used the scroll wheel to expand the view distance, LDD would just shut down completely without any error. I was able to just reopen and try the same thing again, with the same result, until I decided to run LDD in Safe Mode. When I did this I was presented with the screen filled with safe mode with the pop up error screen Sharwood1 mentioned. There is no "Cancel" button showing only the "OK" button, which when clicked only shows a blank loading bar with wording of "Initializing", which never changes. The only way to close out of the program is to end task from Task Manger. 

I have reviewed the drivers for my video card and through troubleshooting, updated, uninstalled and reinstalled fresh, reviewed the current OpenGL, along with uninstall of LDD and fresh install however none of this has resulted in moving past the error screen. Even after a fresh install of LDD, if you click on LDD it still opens with the error screen and the Safe Mode text in the background. 

UMAQnpy.jpg

83ouW4D.jpg

VIcg9DZ.jpg

7DobyJb.jpg

Event Viewer provided: 

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

- <System>

<Provider Name="Application Hang" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>101</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-12-31T17:19:29.714672800Z" />

<EventRecordID>4421</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>Quazsar</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data>LDD.exe</Data>

<Data>4.3.10.0</Data>

<Data>113c</Data>

<Data>01d2638a03ef94b7</Data>

<Data>4294967295</Data>

<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\LEGO Company\LEGO Digital Designer\LDD.exe</Data>

<Data>48f900bc-cf7d-11e6-bfd4-4ccc6a4ae351</Data>

<Data />

<Data />

<Binary>54006F00700020006C006500760065006C002000770069006E0064006F0077002000690073002000690064006C00650000000000</Binary>

</EventData>

</Event>

Edited by Quazsar

Your problem is the exact same as what I had cause I pressed the Safe mode bar bye mistake lol. 

I fixed it. I just got my mate to do a system restore thing to my computer to a week before. Pretty much that just takes everything back how it was a week before. And now it's working fine. But you will loose everything that you have downloaded or installed in the last week, it's all working fine now 

Edited by Sharwood1

I reviewed and found for some reason my Restore Point was not enabled so I am not able to go back to a previous point. I attempted to uninstall LDD scan registry and remove all associated entries, uninstall any recent updates before Dec 2016, and uninstalled the video driver and installed one from 10 updates ago, but still once reinstalled, LDD still loads with the error screen and background of safe mode. 

I got on Support chat with Lego this morning and found that they no longer support LDD as of January 2015 so they were not able to provide possible solutions to the issue. It was suggested checking with the software manufacture but I have had lack luster past experience with working with Microsoft support services. 

At this point I am just going to try a fresh install of the WinX and see if I am able to get LDD to install and load up prior to any post OS updates and video drivers install. Ill also make sure to enable the Restore Point.