TomOOO

Lego clone to the extreme

Hi

I saw a you tube video on Lepin  when trying to find lego technic 2017 sets and more detail on these future sets. The important point to me is that it is a complete line up of 2017 technic sets for 2017 done by Lepin.  Of course from a legal perspective this is loss of IP (intellectual property) and loss of revenue (design is very expensive for Lego) and I have provided a legal discussion on this in detail elsewhere.   Yes I know there is a current open dispute in the courts on this.

The implications of this video content is that Lepin has exact copies and presumably the detail design before release which suggests thyat Lego have loss IP by either hacking or leak of IP from a person.  Ie if you are trying to copy design, you need time to tool up the new pieces, and you need the design instructions to do this, and to bring these out for 2017 at the same time as Lego is quite a problem and suggest more than a "copy" but a loss secret knowledge.

Very sad.

I agree it's sad.  It's the reason why EB will no longer accept discussion and sharing of these products on Eurobricks. Most of these "brands" are facing legal cases and we have no interest in supporting them by providing a place for their criminal products to be seen.

it's not only lee pin as a company. Ebay is now covered in the stuff with the fake logo covered up or ripped off the box by the seller who then advertises it as new unopened LEGO. I wonder whether any of the recipients even care?

Edited by bonox