Hello,

Inspired by the show opening of Game of Thrones I built four of the iconic castles from the TV series:

31251691530_6133116c26_c.jpg

31496330572_208cf0446c_c.jpg

31520020732_f1c16f2068_c.jpg

31566404251_2209eaa1fd_c.jpg

Like in the series each castle features a mechanism that reveals by turning the crank on the base:

I really enjoyed building these castles, so I am already planning to continue the series in 2017!

Best, Jonas

Those are very good.  I really like castle black and the mechanisms are neat.  I love the tree in Winterfell.  Looking forward to your next series.

Ever since I saw the jaw-dropping opening of the first episode of the first season, I was wondering when someone would translat eiut into LEGO. You did an absolutely awesome job on it, I think Fort Black is my favoured. Or Kingslanding. Or... :laugh: 

Thanks for your comments, I'm glad you like it!

I wish you all Merry Christmas and happy holidays! Best, Jonas

I bow down to you! My wife wanted me to make these and I never made it a priority to figure out how I should do so. And you captured it perfectly. If I ever get around to it, I will look here for inspiration. Very clever ideas. The opening mechanisms is brilliant, but I don't think I would have been as clever and mine would just be stationary.

Either way, kudos to you. I can't wait to see updates. And in the meantime I'll see if I get around to trying my own hand without copying yours.

Holy crap. Seriously one of the best views I have seen in a while. No joke,  I am actually taking a break from building to read the series, and am about 3/4 the way through the first book.  Then I stumble on this this morning. Great job!

Wowza. I couldn't have put it better myself than what Ecclesiates said in the frontpage post. Instantly heard the music in my head! I really love the ingenious uses of small pieces - the big tree is especially well done and the barb pieces acting as scattered pine trees add a whole level of detail. 

They look awesome, I am just watching GOT and stumbled across this forum. Have you thought of submitting them to the lego ideas site, I am sure some if not all would end up with the votes to get them reviewed by lego . Great work :)

These are awesome.  I would love to have them in my home.  However, that's not King's Landing it is just the Red Keep.

Very nice! I can't wait to see more from this series...

Do you have any plans on releasing instructions ?