Hinckley

Pics of the Agents Line

:laugh: Big laser gun. How much more fun 'evil megalomaniac' can that be?

Seriously, I love both these new sets. The volcano base is just the epitomy of fun, and the sub is deliciously retro. That octopus is a bit weird, but it's good to see more baddies. Sigh... I have to budget for these now.

Woah, I have GOT to have the base. The interior is probably something good.

The boat in 8636 looks great to me, I really like it, probably ads it has a slight unfinished evil genius got board and wanted a new super weapon look. The submarine is nice as well but I think having a cockpit with the an agent to sit in it on view makes it seem a little small.

As for the volcano base well what can I say it’s cliché ridden and I love it, a lava pit with a pointless vehicle going to it what more could a guy want. Further the helicopter is a great official rendition of a small attack helicopter.

WOW! That base looks like real WINNER!!!!

Its exactly the sort of thing Dr.Evil I mean Dr. Inferno needs :tongue:

That overgrown laser just looks and feels so right!

Any release date info?

ALso, I think the new underwater henchman looks like he's winking, and the new black jumpsuit bad guy in the volcano base seems to have a claw hand. It looks like they patched up the guy from Jetpack pursuit, but he crashed again and broke his right side this time :wacko:

Edited by Belloq

That's it, it is finally confirmed 100%: Agents OWNS. :sweet:

Yes, the days of mish-mashed Alpha team crap are over - Agents is really a brand new theme, and has gotten everything right, including all the things that Alpha Team got WRONG. These two kits are fine examples - wonderful construction, amazing piece selection, lots of playability, awesome figures, awesome vehicles.... man, I'm in love with this theme! :wub:

TLC, you have done it - and if this theme doesn't sell well and get a second wave next year... man, don't wanna even think about it. :look:

Shoc, your avatar's body and hood appeals to me. Tell me what set you got them from please?

Erm, well, the hood is from a Dementor, from one of the Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Askaban sets. The torso is from another Harry Potter set, the Durmstrang Ship. The legs are from an Ewok :tongue:

Hope that helps. :thumbup:

Not quite sure about putting lava in the Hoth base :grin:

That would be another underwater set then! :grin:

:skull:

What can I say, other than...

Sweet! Super sweet! Mega uber sweet! That Volcano Base is one sweet set! :laugh: Look at all that trans light orange! Mission 8, well, 8 is my lucky number! :laugh: Sweet. :grin:

The sub set is pretty cool too, but that Volcano one, man is it sweet! :laugh:

~Peace

That's it, it is finally confirmed 100%: Agents OWNS. :sweet:

Yes, the days of mish-mashed Alpha team crap are over - Agents is really a brand new theme, and has gotten everything right, including all the things that Alpha Team got WRONG. These two kits are fine examples - wonderful construction, amazing piece selection, lots of playability, awesome figures, awesome vehicles.... man, I'm in love with this theme! :wub:

TLC, you have done it - and if this theme doesn't sell well and get a second wave next year... man, don't wanna even think about it. :look:

Now now, don't slam Alpha Team, AT was great back in the day. Especially the "Arctic Expedition" series.

But I agree that Agents are a marked improvement. :D

I'll be getting the Mobile Command Base, Gold Hunt, Deep Sea, and Volcano Base most likely.

I wonder if that means that LEGO will do an oil-rig platform like the one pictured in the background on the speedboat box.

It would be a great way to satisfy the fans who have been carping for an oil rig for years. Plus, it'd be like Blofeld's lair from Diamonds are Forever. We're already getting his You Only Live Twice lair.

Steve

Interestingly, as Tacitus noted above, the design of the door on the Volcano Base matches almost *exactly* the one at the top of the hill on the box art for 8634 Turbocar Chase, although the rest of the hill it's based on looks a little different (laser turret different colour).

PS Hinckley, whung alerted me to the fact that there may be new pics of sets by finding the new coastguard set 4210 - which should also be frontpaged IMO! -, but I found these on the Lego site and posted them all on my lonesome :wink:

Edited by svelte_corps

Interestingly, as Tacitus noted above, the design of the door on the Volcano Base matches almost *exactly* the one at the top of the hill on the box art for 8634 Turbocar Chase, although the rest of the hill it's based on looks a little different (laser turret different colour).

PS Hinckley, whung alerted me to the fact that there may be new pics of sets by finding the new coastguard set 4210 - which should also be frontpaged IMO! -, but I found these on the Lego site and posted them all on my lonesome :wink:

So you did. Corrected :wink:

wow thanks for those awesome pics... i thought that the octopus was gonna be trans yellow/green glow in the dark... cool sets though

whung alerted me to the fact that there may be new pics of sets by finding the new coastguard set 4210 - which should also be frontpaged IMO! -, but I found these on the Lego site and posted them all on my lonesome :wink:

where? (not to be nosy or any thing :tongue: )

where? (not to be nosy or any thing :tongue: )

Pics of upcoming sets often appear on the Lego website before they appear officially on shop at home.

eg http://cache.lego.com/images/shop/prod/8636-0000-xx-13-1.jpg

where 8636 can be changed to any set number (if listed). Changing the '13' to '23' or '33' and sometimes the last number often reveals different views of the set.

If you were looking for the new coastguard set, it is in the City 08 thread. And it is sweet too! :wub:

Actually, with all that orange 4210 could be nicely modded to make a Dr Inferno seabase as well - some of the new sets even come with extra stickers so it wouldn't be too hard to decorate!

Hmmm... I have some of the big 'bridge' pieces in orange from Sentai Fortress... now you've put ideas in my head :tongue: .

This set looks awesome! thank you so much for finding it! wow it is incredible can't wait to find out the price.

Better pic of the new 8636 sub! Not fair as the first wave hasn't even been released in most of the world yet!

8636-0000-xx-13-1.jpg

8636-0000-xx-33-1.jpg

8636-0000-xx-33-2.jpg

8636-0000-xx-23-1.jpg

8636-0000-xx-33-3.jpg

8637 Volcano base!

8637-0000-xx-13-1.jpg

8637-0000-xx-23-1.jpg

8637-0000-xx-33-1.jpg

8637-0000-xx-33-2.jpg

Nice, svelte_corps! I must say, I'm not too happy about the Agents sub, it looks very, very boxy. Not very smooth if you ask me. The boat and the squid look cool, however, and I might get the set just for that.

But, I must say that Volcano base is just :thumbup: ! Pure coolness! I just love the look of that set; it is a must buy for me :wub: . Just look at that gate. That is cool. Plus, you get an awesome laser (why is it green, though? :wacko: ), a couple of new figs, an Agent dangling over a fire pit (A new Agent, perhaps?) and a cool Agents vehicle.

Was the colour of the mould grey? :wink:

Why yes it was, but how did I quote you all the way over here? :laugh:

It would be a great way to satisfy the fans who have been carping for an oil rig for years. Plus, it'd be like Blofeld's lair from Diamonds are Forever. We're already getting his You Only Live Twice lair.

Steve

I mentioned this before, it is a antastic way of making Ernst Stavro Blofeld's volano launchpad. The rig is a great idea too, but since Dimond are Forever is a rather weak Bond film I doubt I'll get that rig.

Still, as others have said, this volcano base is easily one of the best sets this year!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Better pic of the new 8636 sub! Not fair as the first wave hasn't even been released in most of the world yet!

8637 Volcano base!

8637-0000-xx-13-1.jpg

8637-0000-xx-23-1.jpg

8637-0000-xx-33-2.jpg

When I saw that I was stunned. In awe, to say the least. I mean, look at that! Trans-orange, lava pit, super charged eco-friendly(hey, its green :tongue:)doomsday laser. And now the NEW(not the agents)mini-figs, when I fist saw the laser arm guy, I thought, I'll ignore it, its just Saw-Fist with a...wait, thats a new face...is it...a new guy?! Yeah, it is! and I saw 'Spalko' and said, nice suit, but I might wanna see a close-up...but, I like it...for now. Anyway, this is a Must buy. No doubt.