Hinckley

Pics of the Agents Line

I think this set will cost $29.99 or $39.99 usd. :hmpf_bad:

And what wrong with that? We don'thave a peice count as of yet, so its really to early to tell what the price is going to be.

Looks like the took an old alpha-team deep sea set and slapped Agents on it. Particularly that thing in the lower right corner.

I bet this is extremely preliminary.

Steve

Actually, I don't see any resemblance at all between that old theme and this set, for several reasons -

1. The cockpits of the sub and ship look airtight. Alpha Team was notorious for having huge gaps in many of the kits' cockpits.

2. The color scheme is totally different - Alpha team was yellow/dark clear and black/trans red, while this is dark blue/clear and black/orange

3. Alpha team's "subs" were totally unrealistic and crappily designed - these models, like much of the Agents line, seem much more though out and more realistic with a futuristic spin.

Overall, I like this set a lot. It's yet another sign at how well this theme is playing out, and shows that TLC wasn't winging it this time. :thumbup:

8637 Volcano Base

Being released later this year along with 8636 Deep Sea Quest

:classic:

Was there supposed to be a picture posted with this? We've known about these two sets since a week or so after the names first surfaced. :wink:

Please don't yell at me or anything,

But that sub looks fugly. Seriously...Meh.

I'm intrested to see what is floating on top of the water though, and is that a glow in the dark octopus? :laugh:

Please don't yell at me or anything,

But that sub looks fugly. Seriously...Meh.

I'm intrested to see what is floating on top of the water though, and is that a glow in the dark octopus? :laugh:

Fair enough, I love it. I love how it bubbles out at the front for the mechanisms, and the "tower" at the back. Very nice, I'd love to see pics of the Volcano Base more however, especially since I saw YOLT just yesterday :wub:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

LEGO Agents in the By Theme section on S@H

Yes, but only for America and Canada. :sceptic:

~Peace

Yes, but only for America and Canada. :sceptic:

~Peace

I know, isn't that cool? :sweet:

MUST... GET.... AGENTS.... :cry_sad:

Better pic of the new 8636 sub! Not fair as the first wave hasn't even been released in most of the world yet!

8636-0000-xx-13-1.jpg

8636-0000-xx-33-1.jpg

8636-0000-xx-33-2.jpg

8636-0000-xx-23-1.jpg

8636-0000-xx-33-3.jpg

8637 Volcano base!

8637-0000-xx-13-1.jpg

8637-0000-xx-23-1.jpg

8637-0000-xx-33-1.jpg

8637-0000-xx-33-2.jpg

Edited by svelte_corps

That is some good and clear pictures. Thanks! :tongue:

I quite like the Volcano Base. But then, my instinct tells me that at the back of the mountain will be quite empty. :sadnew:

Wow great pics svelte_corps :thumbup: That Volcano Base is aswome :cry_happy: and all those prange pieces :wub: I wish the 3rd pic of the deep sea dive was an impulse! :thumbup: Man I love that blue octopussy :tongue:

Thanks svelte corps! I love you! :wub:

That sub is fantastic, it has a real slick design. That presumably glow-in-the-dark octopus is fantastic, and the minion is awesome, looks like he either has a Joker bomb head or something like. I'm really interested in seeing his torso print. The Inferno boa is brilliant, I love brickbuilt hulls. Unfortunately is has the very first Agents technic shooter, but it looks easily removable. The mini sub is a beaty too!

Thanks a heap for the first pics of the Volcano Base too! I love you! :wub:

This doen't disappoint me at all. Some great figs here, I really love Dr Inferno and his henchmen. It seems he has a new follower too, a possible female fig in the black costume that I really look forward to seeing. And a great selection of Agents, that Agent Trace hairpeice is wonderful. I love the gent copter too, so stylish and sleek. The base itself I really love, You Only Live Twice anyone? :oh: It has some useful bown BURPS but most of all look at all that chocolate brown! The giant raygun is hilariously campy and cool, I wonder what is behind the base. It has a very nice structure, I like how the doors are built. The monorail is cute nd very neat, definitely a You Only Live Twice nod :cry_happy: Overall this agents theme has me excited like no other, it really get the 00 an in me going, I'll order thses both as soon as they appear on s@h hopefully!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Thanks for the pics they are amazing i love this line soooo much i havent got any yet but really want one

a few things i have noticed 3 new henchmen for inferno's crew yay we have the green headed guy, new possibly female fig she seems to have the head of the withch from the new castle chess set and my favourite new henchmen the rocket launcher arm guy who has a diff face to chain saw arm and has anyone noticed the female character also has a claw arm!! so three claw arms in one set!!!

i also think in the deep sea quest set there is a new agent as he has agent charges hair but agent charge is in that set with a helmet on so hmmmm

*looks at volcano base*

*looks at set list for this year*

*scratches out a few and adds volcano base to the top of the list, and again at the bottom*

Oh my...that is quite possibly one of the best evil bases we've gotten...well, ever! The lava is done amazingly well, and all of those trans-orange parts will be useful, especially since I'm a fan of Mars Mission, too. The minifigs don't disappoint either - it seems we get every agent in this set, Dr. Inferno, a new henchman (also with a metal arm!), and a new agent with Irina Spalko's hair (Am I right on this? You can see it decently well in the first pic.). And some of the work they did with, say, the wedge plates for the barricaded door was brilliant! A definite must have for me...^.^

(Also, is there a new piece on the helicopter rotors? It looks like it...<3)

~Trexxen

:oh::oh3:*oh2*

Score two sets on my list... :thumbup:

This is NOT a re-run of Alpha Team, NO SIR! :angry: That's four new hairpieces in one set and that's enough for me!

1. Mutt's hair on Chase and Charge, I believe.

2. Spalko's(an evil female henchman! :wub: ).

3. Trace's ponytail.

4. Doc Inferno's flaming do. :grin:

And that Sub looks pretty OK to me since I didn't get the Alpha Team sub OR the Aquaraiders sub... :devil:

And the Volcano Base is a wonderful mess or trans-orange... :wub:

Way to go, svelte! You just made my day! :thumbup::sweet:

The Agents keep getting better and better!

I think that the sub looks amazing with all that dark blue, and the brick built boat is wonderful. The technic shooter looks a bit odd standing right in the middle there but it's not too bad.

I love the way the Volcano Base looks! :wub:

The rocks are very realistic for a change, they almost look like a very good MOC, which is great.

The female henchman is very promising, and the other figs are nice as well. Hopefully the back of the base will have some details of some sort.

Thanks for the pics! :thumbup:

Thanks for more great pictures.

So,

My original thoughts of this line were completely wrong. I thought, not a good replacement for either Alpha Team or Aqua-Raiders. The sets looked really poorly put together but I might buy a couple for mini-figs or the new sharks.

And now...

Just about every set is better than Alpha Team, especially the 2nd series. The difference in that sub and the speedboat to the subs they had in AT which were very open and relied on a couple large pieces for a consistant look is night and day.

That sub could easily be in with the Aqua Raiders subs in how well it is put together but the design is more innovative/fantastical. Great work, mr Lego designer dude!

And compare the volcano base to the last volcano themed set we had which was Star Wars Ultimate Light Sabre Duel. Wow, was that set bad. And this set is good. And given what we saw of the inside of the agents truck I would be really surprised if the inside of this wasn't really detailed as well. I'm really looking forward to this set.

My only initial impression that was right was that the mini-figs and sharks would be good. Love the sharks. Love the friggin' Laser Beams on the Sharks heads. Love having the sharks eat whole mini-figs. Now wish they had done giant crocs (a la Lake Placid) as well to give me an excuse to get that set too.

This line is making it real hard to wait for sales to buy things while simultaneously making me want to wait so I can afford these and the 10,000 new Star Wars sets this year.

-Tohst - The sets will cost....one million dollars....hahahahaha!

Wow! I'm not going to be able to afford all the great sets coming out! :sing: Both of these new ones look good, but I really like the underwatery one especially. There are brilliant small things in that set - the henchman guy's head is very similar to a Joker bomb, which is cool, and the bluey octopus looks very nice! :sweet:

:skull:

8637 Volcano base!

8637-0000-xx-13-1.jpg

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY CRAP!

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wub: :wub: :wub:

...yes, I just totally dorked-out seeing that set.

Damn, but Doctor Inferno makes Ogel look like a rank amateur now. That has got to be one of the coolest LEGO playscenes I've ever seen. That is what last year's Hoth Echo Base set should have been built like deino2.gif

I initially dismissed the Agents theme as a lame "Alpha Team 3.0" rehash. But I can admit when I'm wrong. This whole line is really well-designed and just a lot of fun. Love the volcano base.