BrickCurve

The Cottage In Autumn

An Autumn version of one of my previous creations. I really should be building for Brickvention MOC but I really wanted to use my new LUGbulk parts!

Now that Summer has drawn to a close, one of the oldest retirees of the Avalonian military has further settled down into his quiet retirement home on the coast of the southern part of Avalonia.

31545655735_68478f15ce_c.jpg

31398968202_0e8544b656_c.jpg

All those olive plants next to the water look amazing... And I am VERY Jealous about them! :cry_happy:

Very nice build, I always enjoy builds which evolve through the seasons, and the colors here are beautiful! The field of olive green plants by the water is wonderful too :thumbup:

The only minor thing i would change would maybe cover up the pin holes on the base plates used under the house somehow? But great build nevertheless :classic:

Edited by Legofin2012

19 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

The field looks so much better with those reeds than it did with the flower-stem grass, in my opinion. Very nice!

13 hours ago, Legofin2012 said:

Very nice build, I always enjoy builds which evolve through the seasons, and the colors here are beautiful! The field of olive green plants by the water is wonderful too :thumbup:

The only minor thing i would change would maybe cover up the pin holes on the base plates used under the house somehow? But great build nevertheless :classic:

20 hours ago, Gunman said:

All those olive plants next to the water look amazing... And I am VERY Jealous about them! :cry_happy:

Thanks everyone!  Glad the olive plants were a success!

13 hours ago, Legofin2012 said:

Thanks!  Drat, I forgot to cover those!  Oh well' I've sorted that MOC out now so nothing I can do.:grin:

Edited by BrickCurve

On 13/12/2016 at 0:13 AM, soccerkid6 said:

Looks like you got a few plant parts :pir-laugh: The olive green plants look great in bulk :thumbup:

Just a few- I need to buy some more boxes! :laugh:

Very nice use of your quantity of foliage pieces, BrickCurve!

The olive stalks do look quite nice in large quantities for reeds!  This is a nice way to reuse an earlier MOC.  I have considered changing the foliage color to show season change on a MOC.  Your build shows that this is a great idea!

really nice evolution of your previous one and nice to see you've put that LUGbulk to good use! ^^

On 16/12/2016 at 3:59 AM, Slegengr said:

Very nice use of your quantity of foliage pieces, BrickCurve!

The olive stalks do look quite nice in large quantities for reeds!  This is a nice way to reuse an earlier MOC.  I have considered changing the foliage color to show season change on a MOC.  Your build shows that this is a great idea!

Thanks!  The season change was inspired by one the SK6 did a while back.  I have been meaning to use the idea for a while but only just got round to it.  I don't gave time to do all four seasons unfortunately, I need the parts for a convention MOC for early January next year!

22 minutes ago, en_zoo said:

really nice evolution of your previous one and nice to see you've put that LUGbulk to good use! ^^

Thanks!  Glad getting those olive reeds in what at first appeared ridiculous quantities was worthwhile!