I triying to build the smallest pneumatic machine I can, 8 functions, 4 pneumatic autovalves and 5 motors but I don´t know yet... the fifth motor is just for the gearbox (yellow piece) without it I wouldn´t need a third receptor and in a small machine is a lot of extra room. Now you can see 4 motors, gearbox, 4 autovalves, the shifting mechanism and the outputs for the trasmision, I still have to put the stair and turntable mechanism, 4 pneumatic pumps, battery and 3 receptors with 1 motor or just 2 receptors, I am talking just about the body :laugh: , I have to build tracks and two arms, normal and frontal type (this one needs the fourth autovalve to open and close it).

AKqZx12.jpg

APDnqb1.jpg

tiURSXm.jpg

PrEEqLI.png

x3zfRKx.png

Well this is your comeback after the tc10 entry. Which I was exited to see finished. 

8 function in such a compact model. I might aswell grab some popcorn and tune in to see what happens

It is alive and it works much better than I thought for a first attempt :laugh: .My first thought was build one machine with 2 arms but I need 1 more pump for the front shovel type so I could build a pneumatic excavator first, it would be easy because I could remove 1 receptor and 1 autovalve from the MOC. I need too 1 more track link (there is a small one in the tracks :laugh: ).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtENIJfps-g&feature=youtu.be

3 hours ago, LvdH said:

Reminds me a lot of 8043's gearbox!

Of course, the 8043 is my favorite set I always want to improve it doing it more compact and robust.

32 minutes ago, Edwin Korstanje said:

Great start my friend and can't wait of the next step.:thumbup:

Me too, you know I have a lot of beginings but I don´t have so many endings :blush: .

First, merry christmas to all, a little progress just I made it more compact, now it works and it has inside, 5 motors, gearbox shifter with clutch, 3 pumps, 4 pneumatic autovalves, 3 receptors, 1 battery and the 8 functions gearbox. I had a great idea, I use 3 pumps for open and close the bucket and when I need air for the arm I will use the bucket pumps.

Problems I have now are that it is ugly, small or normal tracks?, I need more structural rigity, stair mechanism and of course, build the entire arm and bucket.

3phCUoN.jpg?1

VhL5BGP.jpg?1

Vs6dIgY.jpg?1

AFkksCY.jpg?1

Edited by jorgeopesi

Inside looks good, organized and symetrical.

Outer shell seems a bit tall or a bit short?

Regarding tracks, what does the blueprint says, what size fit better? 

3 hours ago, Milan said:

Inside looks good, organized and symetrical.

Outer shell seems a bit tall or a bit short?

Regarding tracks, what does the blueprint says, what size fit better? 

I feel the same :thumbup: , well now is just the smallest machine I can do, I want that pneumatic cylinders seems bigger. When everything works I will search for a machine which fits with the MOC size, the tracks depend of the fnal machine it will be.

Edited by jorgeopesi

I had another great idea, only one autovalve for the bucket and air and 3 mini l.a. for 3 pneumatic switches, I know I could connect them direct to gears but I want some clutch to protect motors, now I have more room than before.

O7Aoz0Q.jpg?1

kx7yEEu.jpg?1

Now I can go with the arm, my favourite part of all machines. Pneumatic part working, air is supplied with bucket opened or closed, in the end there will be 6 large cylinders and 2 smal or medium ones inside the bucket. Everything will be more easy with 2 remote controls, I still have to put 1 receptor and 1 motor but they will go inside the arm because is huge.

Pneumatic machine take 3

Edited by jorgeopesi

Darn , this looks so good so far ! I couldn't think that such an amount of pneumatics + PF could fit in such a small place! 

On 15/1/2017 at 10:31 AM, LXF said:

Darn , this looks so good so far ! I couldn't think that such an amount of pneumatics + PF could fit in such a small place! 

Thank you, the funny part for me is working with no room but now I have problems... Another idea for a only 6 functions pneumatic machine, autovalve for gearbox and air but it doesn´t work well and I don´t know why, I tried with manual pump and it worked I tried with small pump operated by hand and it worked and in the end it works better sideways... This would be a pneumatic excavator while I wait for the motor I need for the front shovel, but I need help... Could be to reinforce the pump room?, if it works in my hand and not with motor...

Pneumatic machine take 4

More progress... everything OK, maybe a little slow but on track. I preffer linear actuators, more funny, more clean, more playable that is why this will be my last pneumatic MOC for a long time... The time I lose placing the tubes doesn´t compensate me, when I put transmissions I learn and I have fun, at least in machines as small as this, the hardest to put those you can´t see inside the body. One question how I have to do to can see the video image on my post?.

Pneumatic machine take 5

Edited by jorgeopesi

8 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

I preffer linear actuators, more funny, more clean, more playable that is why this will be my last pneumatic MOC for a long time...

I like this excavator with new pneumatics, looking realistic and clean if you fit hoses nicely, but it can be tricky in smaller mocs. And i am sure it will be great at he end.

8 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

One question how I have to do to can see the video image on my post?.

Pneumatic machine take 5

Just paste the YT link:

14 hours ago, Milan said:

I like this excavator with new pneumatics, looking realistic and clean if you fit hoses nicely, but it can be tricky in smaller mocs. And i am sure it will be great at he end.

Thank you Milan. in fact is more clean inside that outside that is all WIP including the arm. My first problem was the height it was impossible to get off 12 studs in the body, I would have required at least 9 studs for a correct proportion at least for a komatsu machine, but using only 5 motors I think it will be the smallest RC lego front shovel. Another possible problem will be the total weight of the arm... Thank you for advice.

At last after build and build the tracks I like, they are strong, modular, simple and easy to build, in addition, the gear ratio can be changed at three different places, down, within and between tracks. The most difficult part was to get that elevation of the tracks, it looks good in the last photos.

oEzPtI7.jpg?1

wYM7ekm.jpg?1

Y3Iu3gH.jpg?1

O8kp2JI.jpg?1

JAZxObH.jpg?1