Gouniaf

[MOC] Y-Tie advanced

A few weeks ago I got myself the 75150 set, as I wanted to have the latest version of the A-Wing. I also built the Tie-advanced, although I'm not fond of Vader's ship. Then, I discovered Veynom's Y-Tie and I wanted to have my own.

First, I've built a Y-Wing cockpit from spare parts, trying to get as close as possible from the incoming 75172 Rogue One's Y-Wing. After that, I removed some bricks from the Tie front part. A long Technic bar connect the both parts. It replaces the missile-launching bricks, beneath the Tie's cockpit.

y-tie_12.jpg
y-tie_15.jpg

Then, I've rebuilt the top face of the Tie, replacing the hatch by the canopy, so one caracter can take place, as a passenger or a gunner for the Y-Wing's turret.

y-tie_14.jpg

I'm rather satisfied with my Ugly, but I think a few details could be improved. For example, the lack of landing gear (It's a recurrent issue with the original Tie-Advanded), and the turret's design, a bit too simple. Also, I wonder if I should replace the top canopy by the original hatch.

y-tie_13.jpg

What do you think ?

Very unique and inspirational!  I could see maybe a little bit more detail on the top of the y-wing would look nice. But for just coming from spare bricks it looks great. And as you said I agree an increased turret would look awesome!

Edited by FishW