Ashi Valkoinen

Future MOC-building contest - judges needed

Hello all Train MOC-ers,

I'm planning to run a train-building contest in 2017. I was thinking of such a competition for one year by now, the last one I saw here was somewhere back in 2009 or something among that line. According to some of my interests in LEGO Trains, it would be a contest with quite strict rules you can read below:

-MOC train should be a proportional model of a real locomotive, passenger car, freight wagon or motor unit
-(I also plan to add that only a model of a real train produced in the last 15 years can be entered, as I'm interested in Epoch VI trains, but I can drop this one)
-Body width should be at least 7 studs wide
-Only new creation can be entered, trains already designed, train already designed but with different color scheme, train designed in LDD and published before are not allowed.

On the other hand I need at least three master train builders, who could evaluate the entered creations taking into account:
-Proportions and design - how close is the model to the real thing
-technical solutions (interesting part usage, techniques presented)
-Running (a video should be uploaded where the train runs on different geometries built from standard track pieces)

If you are interested, please send me an e-mail [ ashivalkoinen at gmail . com ] with some photos of your works (references), and with the following data:
-full name and best-known nickname
-nationality

Prices
I'm living in Eastern Europe, with salaries you may estimate for an Eastern Europe country, but as a pledge I will put one set of Horizon Express and a bunch of track (either sets or in bulk).

Since the contest is NOT ongoing, I gladly accept any ideas related to the contest.

This sounds interesting, if it happens I will definitely keep an eye out.

As a small suggestion, maybe do a themed thing? For example build a certain country/area, or a certain type (steam/diesel, e, hybrid etc).
And ofcourse, maybe have different catagories in which people can score points, like "best presentation" or things like that.

Good luck!

A bit late, but here's a message to let you know I have read your request.

@JopieK is very busy with his day job at the moment, but maybe we can work something out. 

Is your idea to host the contest on your own website? Or do you want EB to host it?

5 hours ago, Jim said:

A bit late, but here's a message to let you know I have read your request.

@JopieK is very busy with his day job at the moment, but maybe we can work something out. 

Is your idea to host the contest on your own website? Or do you want EB to host it?

Hello Jim, I plan to organise it on Eurobricks if possible, but according to the feedback I got here and in the Facebook group "LEGO Train Fan Club" I'm pretty sure I need to redesign some of the rules to get more people involved. Maybe in January I'll have the time to do so.

Okay, thanks for the clarification. I will discuss it with other staffers.