SilentWolf

[FB - COR] Choosing Islands LDD

Her majesty has sent out Ethan Henry, one of her most trusted explorers, in search of an island for the crown to claim. She very carefully instructed him to find an island that was not already inhabited, especially by one of the other powers of the Old World. She did not wish for the intrigue that Eslandola stumbled into. She also asked that it be an island that she would find pleasing. He sailed throughout the Prio Seas before reporting back that he believed Island #5 on the official cartographers' maps was the best choice. It is an island covered in flowers. It's beauty is obvious even from a ways off and he had no doubt that if the queen visited she would fall in love with it. The nickname given it by those who had sailed by it was "The Flower Island." The island was also home to many butterflies that were unique to this island. He expected that the Royal Society of Natural Philosophy would find this island very desirable for exploration and study as soon as they could mount another expedition. There is so much to explore and such limited time.

31344333962_76c5e6c17c_c.jpg

Corrington is officially claiming Island 5: The Flower Island as their prize from Challenge 4: Category B. 

Edited by SilentWolf

The perfect way to claim an island, Silentwolf! I knew you were the right one for the task! :D

The micro island is great, and I love the story too. Perhaps at some point we should have the queen tour her colonies? First she would need a royal yacht, of course, and all settlements would have to prepare... So many ideas! :)

My only suggestion is that the side of the ship is too regular for the period. Even if it is an unarmed exploration vessel, there would like probably be some ropes, lines, details of some sort. Still, since you went out of your way to make this build, I would hardly call that anything but nitpicking! :P

The Royal Society most definitely has its eyes on the flowers and beetles of the island, and hopefully an expedition can be mounted separately or in connection with the exploration of the other islands of the Prio Seas led by Major Dirk Allcock.

1 hour ago, Bregir said:

The perfect way to claim an island, Silentwolf! I knew you were the right one for the task! :D

The micro island is great, and I love the story too. Perhaps at some point we should have the queen tour her colonies? First she would need a royal yacht, of course, and all settlements would have to prepare... So many ideas! :)

My only suggestion is that the side of the ship is too regular for the period. Even if it is an unarmed exploration vessel, there would like probably be some ropes, lines, details of some sort. Still, since you went out of your way to make this build, I would hardly call that anything but nitpicking! :P

The Royal Society most definitely has its eyes on the flowers and beetles of the island, and hopefully an expedition can be mounted separately or in connection with the exploration of the other islands of the Prio Seas led by Major Dirk Allcock.

Thank you and good point on the ship side. I shall have to remember that if I try this again in LDD.

Great way to make the announcement Silentwolf! The Royal Society shall be most interested in the flora of this island!

Lovely build, you brought out the colourfulness of the island nicely. And yay for the fluffy clouds!

Best island ever - I hope you guys won't mind an Eslandolan tradepost at some point in time? :-) 

Nice MOC, great job, beautiful!

Cool build, and a great way to announce the island choice! :thumbup: 

Hmm, I'm going to have to start dabbling in LDD.