Sign in to follow this  
LegoRomania

TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT GOOD OR BAD?

The TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT Trailer is now online,what do you guys think about it? To me,the trailer looked amazing,it was so much better than Star Wars(I'm sorry that I lost money last year for going to watch A New Hope 2.0 or The Unoriginal Awakens).I will go and watch next year TRANSFORMERS and also,TF5 is the beginning of an Cinematic Universe:

Bumblebee movie(6?) in 2018-new director

TF 6 or 7 in 2019- new director.Also at the end of this year I'm going to leave Eurobricks,Lego doesn't interest me that much now.I will be back to TRANSFORMERS.

transformers_last_knight-trailer2.jpg

Edited by LegoRomania

If that planet-grabbing-planet-thingy is Unicron, and he eventually transforms into a planet sized robot, then, yes, this is going to be a good movie.

If that planet-grabbing-planet-thingy is more of a Rise of the Silver Surfer's Galactus-type Unicron who doesn't transform, nor looks anything like Unicron, but is still referred to as Unicron, then, no, this is going to be a bad movie.

I will be content, however if the movie has a battle as climactic as the final battle (and I do mean the last battle) in Dark of the Moon.

Spoiler

The Sentinel Prime vs. Optimus Prime and Megatron battle specifically

Also if characterization of the robots are as good as they were in Age of Extinction, then maybe there will be some redeeming qualities to be had.

Seriously? You're bad-mouthing The Force Awakens, but you praise a movie series that is literally nothing but explosions, boobs, and robots punching each other over and over and over again which doesn't respect the source material at all? I mean, I know TFA wasn't the most original movie, but it sure was a better movie than all the TF movies combined.

That said, I do enjoy the TF movies occasionally. They're the so-bad-its-good kind of movies for me. Sometimes I just feel like turning off my brain and watch stuff blow up for a few hours. The first one was kinda good, but the sequels just kept getting worse and worse, and this one looks no different for me.

2 hours ago, Oky said:

Seriously? You're bad-mouthing The Force Awakens, but you praise a movie series that is literally nothing but explosions, boobs, and robots punching each other over and over and over again which doesn't respect the source material at all?

That's exactly what I was thinking! :laugh_hard:
I was like, "whoa, you got a lot of nerve".

I haven't seen the TF5 trailer yet, to be honest, but for me it's the same. The Transformers film series so far is enjoyable, though usually 3 quarters is bad while the good quarter is really good, so...  I do own all 4 on dvd. I'm a big fan of the music as well.

I do have some expectations for this movie however, although I'm not sure about the return of John Torturro's character and that Lennox guy... if they already feeel the need to 'bring back former popular characters to increase popularity... :sceptic:

Regards,
Mitch

7 hours ago, Oky said:

Seriously? You're bad-mouthing The Force Awakens, but you praise a movie series that is literally nothing but explosions, boobs, and robots punching each other over and over and over again which doesn't respect the source material at all? I mean, I know TFA wasn't the most original movie, but it sure was a better movie than all the TF movies combined.

That said, I do enjoy the TF movies occasionally. They're the so-bad-its-good kind of movies for me. Sometimes I just feel like turning off my brain and watch stuff blow up for a few hours. The first one was kinda good, but the sequels just kept getting worse and worse, and this one looks no different for me.

I didn't like TFA because wasn't something new.I was expecting something new.Anyway,the trailer is always better than the movie.To say the truth:When I watch the movies I wait just for the robots,AOE was acceptable,DotM had good fights,TF 1 was ok and RotF was baaad.I liked Cade Yeage and I'm happy that Tessa and Shane won't be in the movie(maybe they died XD).AoE gives us a good villain:Lockdown(and Bay kills him).

I'm with you on most of what you just said, LegoRomania. For me, the appeal of the TF movies are transformers, their vehicle modes (Sideswipe from RotF :wub: ) and the transforming sequences. I hope they stick to the classic transformation in The Last Knight. Not that weird stuff from AoE :wacko: 
Also, sometimes the human characters aren't that bad. I like Cade and Tessa as well. I wonder why she's not in it :sceptic:

Speaking of which, I've seen the trailer now. Doesn't look bad, but not a lot yet that makes me go "whoa, awesome!". It raises a lot of questions though, so for now that's my reason watch the movie when it appears :tongue:

Regards,
Mitch

13 hours ago, Oky said:

15 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

If that planet-grabbing-planet-thingy is Unicron, and he eventually transforms into a planet sized robot, then, yes, this is going to be a good movie.

If that planet-grabbing-planet-thingy is more of a Rise of the Silver Surfer's Galactus-type Unicron who doesn't transform, nor looks anything like Unicron, but is still referred to as Unicron, then, no, this is going to be a bad movie.

I will be content, however if the movie has a battle as climactic as the final battle (and I do mean the last battle) in Dark of the Moon.

Reveal hidden contents

The Sentinel Prime vs. Optimus Prime and Megatron battle specifically

Also if characterization of the robots are as good as they were in Age of Extinction, then maybe there will be some redeeming qualities to be had.

I think that planet is Quintessa(the planet Quintessons aka Creators-they were confirmed to be in the movie).Maybe Unicron will be at the end like Thanos for Marvel.

3 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

I'm with you on most of what you just said, LegoRomania. For me, the appeal of the TF movies are transformers, their vehicle modes (Sideswipe from RotF :wub: ) and the transforming sequences. I hope they stick to the classic transformation in The Last Knight. Not that weird stuff from AoE :wacko: 
Also, sometimes the human characters aren't that bad. I like Cade and Tessa as well. I wonder why she's not in it :sceptic:

Speaking of which, I've seen the trailer now. Doesn't look bad, but not a lot yet that makes me go "whoa, awesome!". It raises a lot of questions though, so for now that's my reason watch the movie when it appears :tongue:

Regards,
Mitch

It will be explained why Tessa is hidding.

Spoilers!!! Read with your own rysk-they are from the set visits by Collider.com

Also,the movie will tell the history of the TRANSFORMERS, Optimus and Megatron's early lifes(with new desings for those versions-not seen yet).It will have Quintessons and a new type of decepticon.There will be an autobot that is psychopath named Cogman and he is a Headmaster-he is also polite.Grimlock and the dinobots will have a bigger role than AoE but not that much and there will be mini dino's that are starting breathing fire.Also,two female leads that want to fight and not to run.Cade and Lennox.And TRANSFORMERS.

Edited by LegoRomania

More info: --Spoilers!--

Opening scene will explain TF mythology.

-Megatron & Optimus backstory, Quintessons and Primes will be explored.

-Optimus will question his leadership and there will be a new prime.

-Cade is on the run and is hiding the Autobots from TRF in the junkyard in South Dakota.

- Isabela lost her family in Chicago and is with Sqweeks since then.

-Sqweeks is broken, can't transform, and can only say 'chihuahua'.

-Tessa is in hiding and will be explained in the film.

-TRF is led by Santos (Santiago Cabrera).

-Laura Haddock plays Vivian Wembley and her family is tied with the macguffin of the movie.
SPOILER

-Hot Rod has a French accent and he has two vehicle modes; lambo and citroen ds (Vivian's car)

-Anthony Hopkins plays Sir Edmound Burton.

-There'll be a new villain, a different form of a decepticon.

-There will be a submarine TF.

-Grimlock will be in the beginning of the movie, he'll have a larger role but not much.

-Mini t-rexes who just started to breathe fire.

-There will be hints to other spinoff movies.

-There won't be any female transformers in the film.

-Cogman is a headmaster.

-Decepticon bike and VW van are called 'Mohawk' and 'Hooligan'.

-An Autobot was going to get killed by military by accident.

-Bumblebee movie script doesn't have a lot of other TFs, but it may change.

-Hooligan is a reused model of Crowbar, and Onslaught is a reused model of Long Haul. (sigh)

-Decepticons captured alive have been put into a maximum-security prison.

-The bodies of the slain Transformers (even though some are still alive) wound up in a massive junkyard.

More to come :D

Edited by LegoRomania

Whenever I think of the Quintessons though, I think of Alpha Quintesson, which in turn, thanks to Energon, makes me think Unicron.

I don't know much outside of Alpha specifically (and Swindle's reference to the species in Animated) but looking at some wiki stuff, having the Quintesson race would be pretty cool.

The Headmasters as well.

The trailer did indeed looks very good, but the same thing also happens in the case of RoTF, DoTM, and AOE. All of them has cool trailers, and look how the movies turn out. Plus, I never trusted Michael Bay as a director. The first Transformers movie are ok, but the sequels are progressively got worse.

Edited by ArmstrongYong
Some spelling errors.

2 hours ago, ArmstrongYong said:

The trailer did indeed looks very good, but the same thing also happens in the case of RoTF, DoTM, and AOE. All of them has cool trailers, and look how the movies turn out. Plus, I never trusted Michael Nay as a director. The first Transformers movie are ok, but the sequels are progressively got worse.

Dark of the Moon was good.And also why so much hate on AoE?

TFA had an amazing trailer and was baaaaaad,really bad.

Just now, LegoRomania said:

Dark of the Moon was good.And also why so much hate on AoE?

TFA had an amazing trailer and was baaaaaad,really bad.

The things I really hate the most about these "transformers" movies is the transformers itself is barely in the movies while they're the main selling point. I go to see a Transformers movie for awesome transforming robots fighting for 2 hours, not to see Shia Labeouf's college life or interview montage "thing" that takes up almost half of the entire running time of the movie.

I agree that TFA isn't something like the best movie ever, but they're still some original things that I like. I like the idea of a troubled Dark Side user and Stormtrooper turn against First Order. The CGI and effects is also very stunning.

2 hours ago, ArmstrongYong said:

The things I really hate the most about these "transformers" movies is the transformers itself is barely in the movies while they're the main selling point. I go to see a Transformers movie for awesome transforming robots fighting for 2 hours, not to see Shia Labeouf's college life or interview montage "thing" that takes up almost half of the entire running time of the movie.

I agree that TFA isn't something like the best movie ever, but they're still some original things that I like. I like the idea of a troubled Dark Side user and Stormtrooper turn against First Order. The CGI and effects is also very stunning.

AoE had the biggest screen time for robots and TLK is confirmed by the actors that they will be more.TLK will be more about TRANSFORMERS. 

Edited by LegoRomania

29 minutes ago, LegoRomania said:

AoE had the biggest screen time for robots and TLK is confirmed by the actors that they will be more.TLK will be more about TRANSFORMERS. 

Well, good to hear. Just hope that it won't suck as much as RoTF. I only like AoE slight more than RoTF (Still dislikes it) because Mark Wahlberg is more tolerable than Sam Wit-whatever it is.

46 minutes ago, ArmstrongYong said:

Well, good to hear. Just hope that it won't suck as much as RoTF. I only like AoE slight more than RoTF (Still dislikes it) because Mark Wahlberg is more tolerable than Sam Wit-whatever it is.

True dat.I'm happy that they keep enjoyable characters like Cade,Lennox,Epps,Joshua and Simmons(hmm).

Edited by LegoRomania

To be fairly honest, i wasn't impressed. I know its the first trailer, but i felt like I've seen this before. Don't get me wrong but I love transformers too, just not a fan of the Michael Bay Transformer Movies.

On 08/12/2016 at 2:34 PM, LegoRomania said:

I didn't like TFA because wasn't something new.I was expecting something new.Anyway,the trailer is always better than the movie.To say the truth:When I watch the movies I wait just for the robots,AOE was acceptable,DotM had good fights,TF 1 was ok and RotF was baaad.I liked Cade Yeage and I'm happy that Tessa and Shane won't be in the movie(maybe they died XD).AoE gives us a good villain:Lockdown(and Bay kills him).

You want something new? You mean something new like a film consisting of Optimus Prime and Bumblebee with an unexplained changing roster of Autobots fighting Megatron again?

On 09/12/2016 at 10:30 AM, ArmstrongYong said:

The trailer did indeed looks very good, but the same thing also happens in the case of RoTF, DoTM, and AOE. All of them has cool trailers, and look how the movies turn out. Plus, I never trusted Michael Bay as a director.

Gotta agree with this, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Out Of The Shadows looked good, especially how they finally introduce Krang, but the final battle took place 10 minutes before the credits.