sdrnet

MOC: Modular Space Centre

Hello everyone!
Today I have the great pleasure to introduce this new MOC. It marks my final transition to new themes beyond the Winter Village that kept me engaged for 5 years.

For some time I thought of building a modular building but at the same time about a year ago are back thoughts about my past, from my first time playing with LEGO, and were rekindled in me the memories of the Classic Space 80s.
The idea came by itself... build something that united the two themes: a modular classic space!

30626503204_21e64313d8_c.jpg

The modular is divided into 3 levels, but is arranged to be possibly raised "potentially" of other planes.
The ground floor consists of a garage space of ground transportation and a sort of workshop space where they can build models of spaceships and repair vehicles and robots.
The first floor is composed in part of a laboratory, beds for the rest of the crew and a special bed in order to make the analysis and hibernations subjects. In the central part of the hall there is a table for meeting space and also the panels with some bodies of hibernating aliens.
The top floor consists of the space control center with computers, radar and a rocket for space exploration. It 's also an airstrip with a ship in the neo classic space style.
The modular is very playable, first of all because it has three means and then have various other movements operated with levers technic. It has an elevator that goes from floor to floor with a system already seen in various moc (with gears) by operating a hand lever. There is also the possibility of including a PF motor with battery compartment, but by the time I liked to leave everything manually.
Also in the ground floor two red levers allow you to open the main door (opening side-scrolling) and the two gates (simultaneous opening front / rear tilting) of the space garage.
Aloft a third lever allows you to run the big radar. A further radar satellite can be manually rotated with the minifigs on board.
I think that would really like children and not only! The modular is composed of about 3200 pieces and 10 minifigs (9 classic space and one child).

I hope that this new moc you like it, I enjoyed it a lot to build it and I hope you will also appreciate my effort to begin the production of moc of new themes!

31096614180_5876b0c589_c.jpg

31352532571_c76af5c46a_z.jpg

31096637460_5c256e795f_z.jpg

30626552904_3877522205_z.jpg

31467883845_3cc7c69884_z.jpg

31430878146_2440601dfb_z.jpg

Complete Flickr Gallery

Greetings to all!
Sandro

I love it! It just has so much cool stuff packed into it. Granted it might look a little odd between the Grand Emporium and the Pet Shop? If you do display it with the official Modulars, might I suggest tucking in a "Space For Rent" sign somewhere? 

I have not had time, but I hope soon to do even the photographs with this modular close to others! Surely it is very strange to see him next to the classic modular but it is just as fun!

This is wonderful! What a fantastic new spin on an old theme.

I love all your little details, it gives this build a lot of character. 

Benny would be losing his freaking mind over this. Very nostalgic. This is fantastic, love it inside and out. 

Edited by koalayummies

What a great idea--and very well done!  The classic space colors aside, it has a bit of a Blade Runner feel to it with all of the awesome greebling.  Even the floors have great details.

I think this deserves a front page promotion :wink: 

Very nice work! 100% original, I love it.

Wow, this is grand!  I love the throwback to the look and feel of the sets of old.  

On 12/6/2016 at 11:08 PM, Faefrost said:

I love it! It just has so much cool stuff packed into it. Granted it might look a little odd between the Grand Emporium and the Pet Shop? If you do display it with the official Modulars, might I suggest tucking in a "Space For Rent" sign somewhere? 

You know the NIMBY's would be having a fit over this!

Thank you very much at all!

I was not sure that this experiment was appreciated. I though I had fun building it!

Thank you for Frontpage! :blush::thumbup:

Love the colour and greebling used here -- it really gives the classic space vibes but in a town modular form. Well done!

So cute moc! I really like the texturing of middle section of the ground floor! :wub: