Elysiumfountain

(MOC) Mummy on the Orient Express!

Well, here's my first MOC train that I've built in a while...the others succumbed to the ravages of the storage container. Unfortunately I'm away from my home and piece collection at the moment, so I only have the pictures from LDD, but in a few weeks I shall have pictures of the real version once it's made! :) (I feel bad because I'm cannibalizing my Constitution Train Chase for the large wheels, but it's for a noble cause!)  I'm a big Doctor Who fan, and because I love trains, Mummy On the Orient Express has to be my favorite episode, so here's my own Orient Express! The engine is similar to the Emerald Night, based on the Pacific class of locomotives, and the passenger coach design is loosely based on the Venice-Simplon Orient Express. Orient Express Final Design Submission 2-min.jpg

Other pictures won't fit sadly but that's the main picture! I had no idea designing trains was so hard! (At least, doing it without physical pieces in my hands, that is.) 

It's a 6-wide train technically, but the engine cab is 8 and so is the coach if you count the enormous decorations hanging off the sides! (I know the real VSOE looks slightly different, so some of the parts might be slightly exaggerated, I didn't have much space to work with). 

As for a (LEGO) backstory, on a snowy night in 1935 the Orient Express steams towards Paris, carrying the famous archaeologist Dr. Arthur Rutledge, along with a sarcophagus and crates of priceless artifacts bound for the Louvre. But the nefarious Cad Goldwater is also on board with plans to prevent the artifacts from ever reaching their destination! How will our hero ever escape? I'm sure he's thought of something!

Please tell me what you think of it! 

I also uploaded it to the Ideas site, there are some more pictures, especially of the coach (which is my favorite) on there. 

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/160753

But don't just look at that! I'd like to know if there's anything I should improve to make this train as a MOC better? A second car, make it 8 wide? Power functions? Tell us below in the comments! 

Thank you. :)