legobanker

Custom Train Stickers

Hello All,

I am interested in finding some good quality stickers that I can affix to some custom inter-modal cars that I am building, as well as some generic train related stickers.  Does anyone create these, or is there a website that you frequent to purchase these items.  Any testimonials you may have, are greatly appreciated.

Brian

31 minutes ago, legobanker said:

Hello All,

I am interested in finding some good quality stickers that I can affix to some custom inter-modal cars that I am building, as well as some generic train related stickers.  Does anyone create these, or is there a website that you frequent to purchase these items.  Any testimonials you may have, are greatly appreciated.

Brian

Hi Brian,

Nice to see you on this site. Have you tried asking on the Facebook's Lego Train Fan Club page? They are quick to respond.

FYI, you must become a member to post. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/18854918656/

Miro

There are a few people around here who do stickers.  Ministickers.nl is one website.  Zephyr1934 also has some on his BL site (I think)

Real customs is always difficult to support unless one asks a price that would be way too high. Especially of one needs to print on transparent (with or without white ink / metallics). Even if people supply their custom drawings it seems to be quite difficult to do it in such a way that it doesn't take (e.g.) me up to a few hours to make it printer ready. I try but seem to be struggling for certain people that I promised in the past.

I've got some profeciency in graphics and got an older version of Photoshop, Illustrator as well as Gimp. Maybe I can give you a hand with that? Just need the exact requirements for printing and a sticker sample.

I use Microsoft Paint and Microsoft Word to create my custom stickers, than I print them onto Papilio Inkjet Glossy Photo Film.  Because the photo film is white, the biggest challenge is color matching the background bricks.  Here are some examples.

27910712961_c1d114372d.jpg20160616_091410 by Sal Ciofani, on Flickr

27375147254_2254c34f5c.jpg20160616_092312 by Sal Ciofani, on Flickr

One of my favorites, 27275277344_83fd86b1f5.jpg20160619_091602 by Sal Ciofani, on Flickr

Note the Hazmat placard, 27135948821_fe6d69e7b5.jpg20160522_144047 by Sal Ciofani, on Flickr

Sal

WFB, WI

Has anyone purchased anything from ministickers.nl recently?  I've emailed them more than once in the last few days with questions about their items, but had no response.  Do you know if they are trading as normal?  Also, are the stickers as good as they look (they look great!)

I think I wrote back (both two days ago on 4558 and yesterday too), but maybe my replies got in your spam?!

Apart from that DameVeraLynn a few other things (not ministickers related):
- welcome to Eurobricks, hope you will have a very good time here and enjoy speaking with other Train minded AFOLs.
- this is a topic from 2016 you know, it would have been better to make a separate topic on this then.

Greets JopieK.

Edited by JopieK
Update: DameVeraLynn found his spam folder apparently ;)

OKBrickWorks does all the transfers for Brick Model Railroad guys. They have made custom stickers for me. Prices are very reasonable.Here is a link to their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/OKBrickWorks/

Legoman666, the owner of OKBrickworks, is a poster here and I'm sure will chime in soon.

Edited by ecmo47

Custom stickers take a lot of time so I try to avoid them (to make for people I mean, unless I really like them and can use it for my own town / trains too ;)). Apart from that those from OKBrickWorks look nice too. Always check a few things: make sure the are computer cut and printed on vinyl (not the decal water solvable stuff they use for normal model trains etc), vinyl is what LEGO also uses.

I usually print on clear vinyl with white ink. Sometimes I'll die cut lettering/logos out of colored vinyl if its big enough. Send me a message on FB or via email to okbrickworks@gmail.com if youre interested.