This F1 Racecar was something Dugald and I have been talking about doing for a long time. All of the regular batteries and motors just aren't fast enough. We tried our best to keep everything light weight, but enough paneling to show the curves of a real F1.

Video: 

Flickr: https://flic.kr/s/aHskMrkHjm 

31279180902_08e1e5e7f6_b.jpg

Fastest car we've ever built by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Technic Addict was so kind to lend us his RC buggy motors, battery pack and  Michelin tires. (I am quite fond of those tires, but I checked bricklink and found the cheapest used pair to be 110$ for all 4 so yeah... not going to buy em*huh*

31279180032_4eea58c6cc_b.jpgBack end fun by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Dugald asked Technic Addict what he would like to see built with these motors and he was really keen on seeing a light F1 car to show off the speed of the motor. SO here you go Technic Addict! Thanks!

31423893315_cf343d9ee1_b.jpgIMG_2291 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

My brother and I sat down yesterday at 4pm, grabbed a few drinks, and built the night away. At 12pm we were done! 

IMG_2348

31423892615_90a7ca7d68_b.jpgIMG_2304 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

The car weighs 1450 grams or 3.2 pounds. Most of the weight is in the Michelin tires :wink:

30616636263_0e82fd0dcb_b.jpgIMG_2353 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Super low car for better aerodynamics :wink:

30616637063_45a7443498_b.jpgIMG_2347 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Big shout out to Technic Addict for making this build possible!

Edited by Lox Lego

That area in the back with all aerodynamics features is just wonderful. 

4 hours ago, zux said:

That area in the back with all aerodynamics features is just wonderful. 

Agreed. in fact, in regular system building this might be referred to as greebling.  looks  wonderful.

Shape, or outer shell is excellent, and you can tell it is built to be light and accurate. Performance is great, too!

I like the black wheels better.

The looks are indeed great and the performance is greater! The Porsche wheels looks very sleek with this than the Michelin wheels

14 hours ago, Lox Lego said:

My brother and I sat down yesterday at 4pm, grabbed a few drinks, and built the night away. At 12pm we were done! 

It is astonishing how quick you guys are.  You have never worked with Buggy motors, yet were able to integrate everything so quickly and make a great looking car.  The rear end looks excellent!  I think if Ferrari stickers were slapped all over this thing, it would really show what a great job you guys did in such a short period of time!  Makes me wonder what kind of drinks are being consumed!

As for the wheels, even though some people like the Porsche wheels better, the silver wheel are more accurate.   The most accurate would probably be using the tumbler tires which have about the same tire OD and width but have a much smaller wheel OD.

It looks like you guys had fun building with the RD buggy system!  How were you able to drive the car without the antenna attached to the RC receiver / battery unit?  I know it works without the antenna but the range is very limited.

On 12/5/2016 at 6:19 AM, nerdsforprez said:

Agreed. in fact, in regular system building this might be referred to as greebling.  looks  wonderful.

Greebling :sweet: thanks!

23 hours ago, technic_addict said:

It is astonishing how quick you guys are.  You have never worked with Buggy motors, yet were able to integrate everything so quickly and make a great looking car.  The rear end looks excellent!  I think if Ferrari stickers were slapped all over this thing, it would really show what a great job you guys did in such a short period of time!  Makes me wonder what kind of drinks are being consumed!

As for the wheels, even though some people like the Porsche wheels better, the silver wheel are more accurate.   The most accurate would probably be using the tumbler tires which have about the same tire OD and width but have a much smaller wheel OD.

It looks like you guys had fun building with the RD buggy system!  How were you able to drive the car without the antenna attached to the RC receiver / battery unit?  I know it works without the antenna but the range is very limited.

Thanks Technic Addict! Was a blast actually playing with this car like a real RC.

9 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

My stuff

Aventador

Please don't hijack other people's posts, by posting links to your own topic.

Excellent build, I love the panelling. very simple yet captures the lines nicely. For me, it evokes memories of F1 cars of the 90s. :classic:

On 14/03/2017 at 9:20 PM, Aventador2004 said:

Very nice f1 car @Lox Lego and @DugaldIC 

Are the rc buggy motors 1-1 ratio

Do you use a pf servo

Thanks, the car was direct driven from buggy motors and was steered using the output from the buggy  battery box. 

Have you tried gearing them up by 3:1 it may go very fast

Otherwise great speedy car

Aventador