Managed to fulfill several things I wanted to do for a long time with this new model.

30581058213_6bf02b9de4_c.jpg

First thing first - built in blue. This colour isn't very common in Technic area - part variety is limited and some are harder to obtain.

Next thing I wanted to get my hands on, after seeing wonderful James Tillson builds, are these new Technic panels. Bought a bunch of them recently and finally had a chance to explore the possibilities. Ended up using 15 smaller and 4 longer panels. Some shapes are just wonderful thanks to them.

Last thing I wanted to incorporate were RC motor with SBrick. Model is medium sized and thanks to smaller battery box everything is well hidden. Thanks to that model has interior. Oh and controlling model with smartphone is horrible (worse than running after model with IR stuff). Need to find a physical controller.

Model features opening doors and suspension. Rear is nothing special - RC motor is used as arm with two hard springs. The front is a bit special due to lack of space - it has torsion bar setup.

30566947094_1e6b3f554d_c.jpg30581057603_040b7e98d2_c.jpg

31388380135_31ae12b63c_c.jpg

31352368266_c77c03671a_c.jpg

31388380855_8a8c4887c0_c.jpg

31019466770_0bf0c15356_c.jpg

More pictures on Flickr

Edited by zux
posted too soon

Hi Zux, a nice personal challange, and you succeeded very well! You Bricklinked all the blue panels? :)

This is awesome, it's reminds me of a Hurst on steroids ;)!  I'd like to see a video of how fast this little guy is.  Also I for one am also glad to see more people jumping on the torsion bar set up too,  very compact suspension solution.  

3 hours ago, m3eu said:

Hi Zux, a nice personal challange, and you succeeded very well! You Bricklinked all the blue panels? :)

I'm not sure if he did or not, but I got a couple off Bricks and Pieces.

Love it!! Color combo, lots of power, crazy angles, best MOC with the RC motor I've seen in a while!

Video please? :wub:

Edited by Lox Lego

Thanks for comments

5 hours ago, m3eu said:

You Bricklinked all the blue panels? :)

I got these directly from LEGO via "Bricks and Pieces".

43 minutes ago, Lox Lego said:

Video please? :wub:

There's nothing really much to show. I've tried controlling the model in open space a while ago and it was horrible. Smartphone gives no feedback and you just don't feel if you already reached maximum turning angle or not. Turning wheels the other side to counter steer (it drifted a bit on smooth surface) is not possible.Need to find game controller suitable for SBrick before I could do decent video.

2 hours ago, Brickis38542f said:

A really stylish little model, I feel like those yellow wheels really add some character to your car :)

I had quite a few options with wheels. Had to ask for advise as other options looked good too.

1 minute ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

It's so cool, and great job on the interior and panel use. You could also add one of these over each wheel, like @mahjqa did on his Cadmium low-rider.

Lego Wheel Wagon - Ornate Huge (43mm D.)

These in pearl gold would be a better option, but price isn't very very friendly. :sceptic:

Model has been designed with modular front piece - you can easily interchange them. Looking at other possible ways how 24116 panels could be used another version has been built. In this case it isn't that aggressive as initial version, but still has distinctive looks. And reminds me Japanese cars from early 90's for some reason. Here are some pics:

31266097700_7aa7fc6ede_c.jpg

31266097630_7194951f91_c.jpg

31601554856_78790f13d4_c.jpg

Note 4 holes for attachments on bone-beam and two pins on each module used to connect together:

31522799811_09e945513b_c.jpg

Small additional spoiler has been added in the back also.  

31638576435_0db1e8ca63_c.jpg

Not sure why, but this model just asks me for MODs. Third front module is already in progress.

Edited by zux

I somehow missed this the first time around, but great work. I love the blue, it really makes the car stand out. Like many others I would like to see a video as well, I bet that car is fast!

I like this version a lot more then the first, the front looks much more aggressive to me, I'm not a fan of the rear part though, the new curved panels look a little off, I guess I'm used to the back being flat.

Excellent build very cool!!! Really looking forward to see it do things, I'm pretty sure it'll do more then just okay!

About the front, love both but prefer the original more cause IMHO it is more realistic...

10 hours ago, legotechnicisawesome said:

Awesome! We need a video! And btw sbrick posted it on instragram too!

Thanks for letting me know about Instagram. It was a nice surprise.

I see there's demand for video. We have winter here, with snow and mud outdoors you know. So video will have to wait until I find a good place inside. Sorry about that.

49 minutes ago, zux said:

I see there's demand for video. We have winter here, with snow and mud outdoors you know. So video will have to wait until I find a good place inside. Sorry about that.

Yeah,

Its a lot tougher making an edit happen in the winter. D#%*it snow!

On 21/12/2016 at 7:29 PM, zux said:

welcome! :) what is your youtube?

Modified second front module a bit:

31954729915_c6bd06c303_c.jpg

31917741746_a413b06e9b_c.jpg

On 12/27/2016 at 6:04 PM, legotechnicisawesome said:

welcome! :) what is your youtube?

Well, I just recently started producing pictures on my own (had to rely on other people previously). So it takes time and practise to know how to do things properly. Making good videos is next step further. This means I don't have Youtube channel yet, maybe sometime next year.