Realshow

What future LEGO Movies would you like to see happen?

Personally, I think a LEGO Superman movie would be good. It could be like a parody of Superman's origin, where it tries shoe-horning in as much stuff as possible like Supergirl, Doomsday, Luthor, Brainiac, Zod, obscure Silver Age baddies, etc. 

LEGO Avengers or LEGO Star Wars

But it's unlikely because they are owned by Disney

Well, firstly, I wouldn't mind more movies like The Lego Batman Movie that feature some of the supporting characters from The Lego Movie in a lead role. The Lego Space Movie starring Benny? The Lego Pirates Movie starring Metalbeard? Sign me up. Untitled Unikitty Feature? I am practically already waiting in line at the theater.

I'd also love to see the range of themes represented branch out. The Lego Friends Movie might seem like it'd be divisive, but if it could manage to deconstruct and reconstruct high school movie tropes (in a family-friendly manner) as effectively as The Lego Movie did with the classic hero's journey, it could be gold. And though the chances are remote, if Warner Bros. could work out deals with Disney akin to Sony's deal to incorporate Spider-Man into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, perhaps a Lego Star Wars Movie or Lego Avengers Movie could happen eventually.

Heck, perhaps you don't even need a full movie in every case—The Master may have been intended to promote The Lego Ninjago Movie, but assuming that Warner Bros. Animation wants to continue including shorts in front of their movies, those would be the perfect testing grounds for giving smaller or riskier Lego themes the cinematic treatment.

57 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Well, firstly, I wouldn't mind more movies like The Lego Batman Movie that feature some of the supporting characters from The Lego Movie in a lead role. The Lego Space Movie starring Benny? The Lego Pirates Movie starring Metalbeard? Sign me up. Untitled Unikitty Feature? I am practically already waiting in line at the theater.

I'd also love to see the range of themes represented branch out. The Lego Friends Movie might seem like it'd be divisive, but if it could manage to deconstruct and reconstruct high school movie tropes (in a family-friendly manner) as effectively as The Lego Movie did with the classic hero's journey, it could be gold. And though the chances are remote, if Warner Bros. could work out deals with Disney akin to Sony's deal to incorporate Spider-Man into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, perhaps a Lego Star Wars Movie or Lego Avengers Movie could happen eventually.

Heck, perhaps you don't even need a full movie in every case—The Master may have been intended to promote The Lego Ninjago Movie, but assuming that Warner Bros. Animation wants to continue including shorts in front of their movies, those would be the perfect testing grounds for giving smaller or riskier Lego themes the cinematic treatment.

Well said.

I want an Adventurers themed movie with a bunch of insane models and crazy bad guys. Basically, I'm hoping beyond hope the "Billion Brick Race" movie is something akin to The Great Race or Monte Carlo or Bust! or even Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines so we have 1900  -1930's vehicles all clambering to get the prize..... whatever it is!

Edited by Murdoch17

Interesting question. It's hard to imagine a Lego movie that could match the originality and widespread appeal of The Lego Movie. The Lego Batman Movie works because he's Batman and he has a rich history to draw inspiration from.

One thing that would be great would be a Lego TMNT movie if they can get the license back from Megabloks. They have a rich history to draw inspiration from too and would make for a fun movie (certainly a better one than the Michael Bay ones).

I would also love a Lego Avatar: The Last Airbender movie, mostly just to get more sets and to get a good Avatar movie, but that's obviously not gonna happen.

On 11/30/2016 at 7:40 PM, Realshow said:

Personally, I think a LEGO Superman movie would be good. It could be like a parody of Superman's origin, where it tries shoe-horning in as much stuff as possible like Supergirl, Doomsday, Luthor, Brainiac, Zod, obscure Silver Age baddies, etc. 

That could work. And then have a Lego Batman V Lego Superman Movie! :laugh: Or maybe it could be a buddy-cop movie where he is forced to team up with Green Lantern to save the day.:tongue:

On 11/30/2016 at 8:12 PM, Robert8 said:

I would love that too, but yeah, sadly it's unlikely. A Lego Harry Potter movie would be great too and much more likely (especially with WB trying to milk that franchise as much as they can). The problem is: What would a Lego Harry Potter movie or Lego Star Wars movie even be about? A simple parody of the movies would be unoriginal and has already been done in the video games and TV specials, and I can't think of any other story they could do. Then again, maybe that could be the message of the movie? To not let your creativity be limited by the source material and that you can create any HP/SW story you want?

On 12/1/2016 at 3:27 PM, Lyichir said:

Sign me up too! As TLM made abundantly clear, any of the supporting characters were actually much more interesting than Emmet since they are so unique and flawed, so some movies exploring the origins of these characters could be interesting. Maybe there is a tragic backstory that explains why Unikitty is so emotionally unbalanced or why Benny is so obsessed with spaceships and old technology.

And yes, making more shorts starring some other Lego themes is a great idea!

15 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

I want an Adventurers themed movie with a bunch of insane models and crazy bad guys. Basically, I'm hoping beyond hope the "Billion Brick Race" movie is something akin to The Great Race or Monte Carlo or Bust! or even Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines so we have 1900  -1930's vehicles all clambering to get the prize..... whatever it is!

YES to all of this! I loved the audiobook that came packaged with some 1st wave sets in Germany, so a Lego Adventurers Movie would be great, but considering how old that theme is, not very likely. And yes, I'm hoping the Billion Brick Race is gonna be a Whacky Racers type movie with lots of fun crazy vehicles too!

7 hours ago, Savage Oppress said:

Lego Dimensions: The Movie

Isn't that kind of what The Lego Movie was? It even starred Batman and Wyldstyle.

I'm hoping that The Billion Brick Race is a car racing movie like Wacky Races or Cannonball Run. Especially if it's slated for realease in 2019 as that would be the 20th anniversary of Lego Racers!

LEGO Doctor Who needs to happen. I'd like a LEGO Doctor Who Movie starring every Doctor voiced by their original actors where possible. David Bradley, Reece Shearsmith and Mark Gattis for the first three Doctors. 

3 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

LEGO Doctor Who needs to happen. I'd like a LEGO Doctor Who Movie starring every Doctor voiced by their original actors where possible. David Bradley, Reece Shearsmith and Mark Gattis for the first three Doctors. 

That could be cool... but I kind of wonder whether they'd do a Lego Doctor Who movie when they haven't even done a regular Doctor Who movie since the poorly received 1996 one. It'd be a little odd for the Doctor's grand return to the big screen to be as a minifigure.

4 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

That could be cool... but I kind of wonder whether they'd do a Lego Doctor Who movie when they haven't even done a regular Doctor Who movie since the poorly received 1996 one. It'd be a little odd for the Doctor's grand return to the big screen to be as a minifigure.

Well the Gremlins, Speed Racer, Penguin, etc. made their first appearances on the big screen in years as Minifigures too.

1 minute ago, Realshow said:

Well the Gremlins, Speed Racer, Penguin, etc. made their first appearances on the big screen in years as Minifigures too.

Not really what I meant. Those were cameo appearances in a larger movie, not an entire movie based around a single franchise that hasn't had a theatrical movie in years. (and c'mon, the Speed Racer movie wasn't THAT long ago).

...Actually, come to think of it, the style and tone of the "Lego cinematic universe" would probably mean that a Lego Doctor Who Movie would probably recast most of the lead roles with other stars (particularly well-known comic actors) anyway. Which could certainly open up some interesting possibilities in itself. There are a fair number of well-regarded British actors/comedians who might not have the demeanor (or the availability) to play the Doctor in the ongoing series but might have the time and talent to fill the role in a Lego movie or two.

I'll approach this from a slightly different angle. In the spirit of how The LEGO Movie incorporated brief bits of fan-created footage towards the end, what I'd really like to see would be a ReBrick-style contest for FOLs to create their own brickfilms, the best of which (among suitably brand- and family-friendly entries, of course) would be chosen for theatrical presentation as shorts before The LEGO Movie 2 (and other big-screen LEGO productions). What better way to embrace and represent everything LEGO stands for than to show off the finest creations of LEGO's customers and fans?

For a more conventional answer, I think I'd love to see a LEGO Lucasfilm movie, combining Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and Willow, perhaps among others.

On 12/4/2016 at 11:29 PM, Lyichir said:

I don't see why it would be 'odd', given that LEGO is perhaps the biggest toy company in the world. There's no way it would be a financial failure.

Reboot, rehash, Lego version of '____'. Are there no more original ideas.

There's a few here but everything else is just take 'x' and make it in Lego. So in the spirit of lazily appropriating already established ideas at least pick from what is considered some of the best: Lego Citizen Kane, Lego Amadeus, Lego Dr. Strangelove, Lego Stagecoach, because does the world really need another Superman movie.

5 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

I don't see why it would be 'odd', given that LEGO is perhaps the biggest toy company in the world. There's no way it would be a financial failure.

It's not about how big Lego is or isn't, or how successful it would be. It's about what would be the first Doctor Who movie in years being an adaptation of an adaptation—two levels removed from the core franchise itself. Would the BBC want a movie that could very well be many international viewers' first exposure to Doctor Who as a franchise to be a tongue-in-cheek adaptation of a series of Doctor Who toys? I mean, when I think about it, maybe so! Maybe that hook would be what it'd take to elevate the brand to much greater international popularity. But it's certainly a very roundabout way of doing so, and I can't think of many other franchises that have gone that route. When I say "odd" I don't necessarily mean "bad". But it would be highly unusual at the very least.

On 12/7/2016 at 11:35 PM, Lyichir said:

It's not about how big Lego is or isn't, or how successful it would be. It's about what would be the first Doctor Who movie in years being an adaptation of an adaptation—two levels removed from the core franchise itself. Would the BBC want a movie that could very well be many international viewers' first exposure to Doctor Who as a franchise to be a tongue-in-cheek adaptation of a series of Doctor Who toys? I mean, when I think about it, maybe so! Maybe that hook would be what it'd take to elevate the brand to much greater international popularity. But it's certainly a very roundabout way of doing so, and I can't think of many other franchises that have gone that route. When I say "odd" I don't necessarily mean "bad". But it would be highly unusual at the very least.

I think they would, because it would guarantee the show a lot of publicity and drastically increase its fanbase. It would be the most sensible move BBC Films could make.

On 11/30/2016 at 11:12 PM, Robert8 said:

Both properties appeared in The Lego Movie. If The Lego Batman Movie does well, which it will, then I'm sure they'll think about it, but I don't think that Lego wants to milk the "Lego ___ Movie" Formula too much, plus they want a Lego Movie 2.

On 12/7/2016 at 1:24 PM, koalayummies said:

Reboot, rehash, Lego version of '____'. Are there no more original ideas.

There's a few here but everything else is just take 'x' and make it in Lego. So in the spirit of lazily appropriating already established ideas at least pick from what is considered some of the best: Lego Citizen Kane, Lego Amadeus, Lego Dr. Strangelove, Lego Stagecoach, because does the world really need another Superman movie.

True, I don't think Superman is a property that would be super fun. Batman's angsty attitude is easy to poke fun of and parody. Superman is kind of funny in The Lego Movie, as the perfect and popular minor role he plays, but I don't think he deserves his own movie. I think Star Wars would be fun. Lego has established their skill of poking fun at the old cheesy acting, as well as the Vader/Luke daddy issues... XD

On 12/9/2016 at 9:37 PM, 8-Bit Ramen said:

Both properties appeared in The Lego Movie.

What are you talking about? Only Star Wars was in.

1 hour ago, Realshow said:

What are you talking about? Only Star Wars was in.

You're right. My apologies. 

21 hours ago, Red Royal Guard said:

Does anyone remember the Clutch Powers movie?

That was like the original movie.

Omg, yes! I used to love it. I wish they put him in the Lego Movie. They do have a movie theatre at LegoLand that plays a Clutch Powers short though, so I guess he isn't forgotten. It's kinda weird though that he never got sets...

I've being toying with the idea of a Rock Raiders movie being possible. But I kind of argued against that because it's a very ol' theme in Lego's catalogue of franchises and it's kind of fallen into obscurity and was kind of replaced by Power Miners but hey a fan of Rock Raiders can dream can't I?

I was kind of hoping for a full on LEGO Bionicle movie, but now that Gen2 is cancelled, I can't see them doing that without rehashing all of the original sets or making Gen3, both of which are extremely unlikely.

I'd honestly like to see a movie about the origins of the Master Builders: Who were the first Master Builders? How did they come together? How did a place like Cloud Cuckoo Land come to be? That would be pretty awesome.

On 1/16/2017 at 1:43 AM, Starscream759 said:

I've being toying with the idea of a Rock Raiders movie being possible. But I kind of argued against that because it's a very ol' theme in Lego's catalogue of franchises and it's kind of fallen into obscurity and was kind of replaced by Power Miners but hey a fan of Rock Raiders can dream can't I?

As a subset of a larger LEGO Space movie (as discussed above), I could see it happen.

Considering that Ninjago got a movie, I could see Nexo Knights getting a movie 3-4 years down the line if it stays successful.

5 minutes ago, DraikNova said:

As a subset of a larger LEGO Space movie (as discussed above), I could see it happen.

Considering that Ninjago got a movie, I could see Nexo Knights getting a movie 3-4 years down the line if it stays successful.

Do you think it could happen? If not could they maybe make a cameo for the movie they could be in?