Don Gonzalo, the notorious murderer of Jamie, was, you may recall, removed to New Eslandola for sentencing.  The reason was that the justices of the peace feared the likelihood of a mob insurrection, should Don Gonzalo be found guilty and his sentence be carried out in Terreli.

Well, Don Gonzalo was found guilty, which came as no surprise to anyone.  But there were quite a few raised eyebrows when it was first understood that he was only being placed under house arrest until the day of his sentence.  Most people suspected that someone's pockets had been well lined before that happened.

Be that as it may, it was the 29th of November, 616 - the day before the execution of Don Gonzalo's sentence ("elongation of the esophagus," as the judge politely put it).
31182025802_b192ec0d64.jpg

Don Gonzalo was living with a distant cousin of his, who, out of pity, had offered him and his guards a spare room.  But the haughty and ruthless Don had soon ceased to be even an object of curiosity to the family, who stayed out of his way and didn't think about him oftener than they could help.  So, though it was the day before he was to be executed, his cousin's young son didn't give that a second thought.  He was outside playing his favorite game - sparring with the cast iron pump.
31326024105_7283276189.jpg

His mother watched from a safe distance.  Fredric could get wild.
30518549983_9811768e5b.jpg

Meanwhile, outside, things were starting to heat up.  Don Gonzalo was taken out by his guards, who laughed and chatted, glad that their onerous duty to this belligerent criminal was about to end.
30503801914_a8413f074e.jpg

Don Gonzalo only sneered at their good humor.  "He who laughs last, laughs loudest," he muttered to himself.

He had a good reason for not being concerned.  The Terreli mob may have been left behind, but boy had the authorities made a mistake in giving him this much time!

31326060455_cb8dd01d1b.jpg

It hadn't been hard for him to organize a full-fledged rescue, with a little help from one of his old cronies...
31182108182_935bf5b6e5.jpg

31211106221_687eb9ac1b.jpg

31326087315_11ecc84310.jpg

Don Gonzalo chucked to himself as he leaned over the rail of his own private ship, later that night.  Eslandian officials could be mighty stupid, he reflected.  Just witness King Fernando, for one!

And now - hurrah for the life of a pirate!

A few more shots of the build:
31211124701_a91e387eef.jpg

30957510120_e39f4a013e.jpg

This was partially inspired by Legopard and Brick Vader's epic Venice 1486.  It was lots of fun to build too, and I hope you enjoyed looking at it!  C&C welcome!

You definitely did a great job capturing the Venetian/Eslandolan type of style here, Kai, great choice of colors, and the details like the hanging cloths, orange tree, and shaded section on the roof are excellent as well! :pir-wink:  I really like that scene in the inside court too! :thumbup:

Great job on this house !

You made an excellent rendition of the mediterranean style by this choice of colours and by using so great details !

I really like the fencing scene inside the courtyard ! The pump is cleverly done ! Good job !

Excellent house, Kai!

As has been said, the architecture is perfect for the Eslandolan/Mediterranean style!  The color choices work perfectly here!  Some particular details that I like are the double arched window, the lamp post, the water pump, the moss on the walls, the palm tree, and the little orange tree on the roof.  Nice figure posing for the fencer!

Yes, you have reflected the Mediterranean atmosphere very well in here. And the utensils are very cleverly achieved. 

What a lovely build :wub: Great ambiance, the design is on point, it just feels so warm... and your fig placement is top notch as always - loving that fencing kiddo... heck, loving all about it, to the point I've already forgotten what the story was about :innocent: :grin:

On 11/30/2016 at 7:59 AM, Garmadon said:

You definitely did a great job capturing the Venetian/Eslandolan type of style here, Kai, great choice of colors, and the details like the hanging cloths, orange tree, and shaded section on the roof are excellent as well! :pir-wink:  I really like that scene in the inside court too! :thumbup:

Thanks Garmadon!  The inside court was a lot of fun!

On 11/30/2016 at 9:06 AM, Faladrin said:

Great job on this house !

You made an excellent rendition of the mediterranean style by this choice of colours and by using so great details !

I really like the fencing scene inside the courtyard ! The pump is cleverly done ! Good job !

Thank you!  I really like the Mediterranean style, so hopefully I'll get a chance to build more in it!

On 11/30/2016 at 9:12 AM, Slegengr said:

Excellent house, Kai!

As has been said, the architecture is perfect for the Eslandolan/Mediterranean style!  The color choices work perfectly here!  Some particular details that I like are the double arched window, the lamp post, the water pump, the moss on the walls, the palm tree, and the little orange tree on the roof.  Nice figure posing for the fencer!

Thanks Slegengr!

On 11/30/2016 at 10:07 AM, Mengish said:

Yes, you have reflected the Mediterranean atmosphere very well in here. And the utensils are very cleverly achieved. 

Thank you!  I was trying to build a bench, but it looked more like a pump so... it became a pump. :pir-grin:

On 11/30/2016 at 1:46 PM, blackdeathgr said:

A nice moc coupled with a nice short story. What more to ask! That color on the house... oooh that color... 

Thanks!  Yes, that is a pretty neat color!

On 12/1/2016 at 4:29 PM, Kolonialbeamter said:

What a lovely build :wub: Great ambiance, the design is on point, it just feels so warm... and your fig placement is top notch as always - loving that fencing kiddo... heck, loving all about it, to the point I've already forgotten what the story was about :innocent: :grin:

Thanks Kolonialbeamter! :laugh:  The story isn't really the strong point of this MOC, but I had to wrap it up somehow...

Lovely scene you made here! The building looks great, the little pieces of green overhang on the floor and wall are an excellent addition.

That waterpump is brilliantly build, as is the lantern. Great job!

This is exceptionally great, filled with excellent details and aesthetically very pleasing.

Enough details in there for 10 MOCs... (the fencer, the bench, the pump, the lantern, the door, the window design, ...) :thumbup:

Please remind me to ask you one day how you do the backgrounds for your pictures - but that is another story :pir-laugh:

On 12/8/2016 at 5:44 AM, Puvel said:

Lovely scene you made here! The building looks great, the little pieces of green overhang on the floor and wall are an excellent addition.

That waterpump is brilliantly build, as is the lantern. Great job!

Thanks Puvel!

On 12/11/2016 at 4:36 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

This is exceptionally great, filled with excellent details and aesthetically very pleasing.

Enough details in there for 10 MOCs... (the fencer, the bench, the pump, the lantern, the door, the window design, ...) :thumbup:

Please remind me to ask you one day how you do the backgrounds for your pictures - but that is another story :pir-laugh:

Thank you!  Well, as far as it goes, all I do is take a nice big sheet of white paper outside. :pir-grin:  Then with a bit of brightness-contrast touch-up - and often the color temperature needs to be warmed up - works great usually!  It probably doesn't hurt that I've got a nice camera...  But really, taking pictures outside in the shade can work wonders! :thumbup: 

I'm not sure how I failed to comment on this earlier. I love the overall look of this build. The architecture is wonderful. Great job with the tiles and masonry bricks in the walls. The water pump is spectacular, and I really like how you brick-built the fencer's stance. :thumbup:

I'm just upset that Don Gonzalo has escaped justice!

Oh wow, why haven't I commented on this fantastic creation yet? Marvellous work, I love it!

So many brilliant details, and the house itself has a nice style to it, colourful enough for Nova Terreli for sure, yet with its own touch. Fantastic.

Also the city of Nova Terreli has sponsored it with 15 DBs (as promised in the NT-thread).

On 12/12/2016 at 1:00 PM, Capt Wolf said:

I'm not sure how I failed to comment on this earlier. I love the overall look of this build. The architecture is wonderful. Great job with the tiles and masonry bricks in the walls. The water pump is spectacular, and I really like how you brick-built the fencer's stance. :thumbup:

I'm just upset that Don Gonzalo has escaped justice!

Thanks Capt Wolf!  I really like this Mediterranean style, so hopefully I can find some other excuses to keep building in it!

On 12/18/2016 at 7:38 AM, Elostirion said:

Oh wow, why haven't I commented on this fantastic creation yet? Marvellous work, I love it!

So many brilliant details, and the house itself has a nice style to it, colourful enough for Nova Terreli for sure, yet with its own touch. Fantastic.

Also the city of Nova Terreli has sponsored it with 15 DBs (as promised in the NT-thread).

Thanks Elostirion!  I had forgotten about the sponsorship - I don't think I licensed it, by the way.  Though in fact, I can't quite remember.

You stated in the NT-thread that you did. ;-) 

(What kind of Eslandolan is that Guy, not knowing whether the license was bought or not... WOW!)

Edited by Elostirion

12 minutes ago, Elostirion said:

You stated in the NT-thread that you did. ;-) 

(What kind of Eslandolan is that Guy, not knowing whether the license was bought or not... WOW!)

Well, I guess I must have then! :pir-laugh:

I know right, what's an Eslandian who cares more about his hairdo than his bank account?  But that's what happens when Uncle runs off to grow palm trees... :pir_tong2: