Stash2Sixx

A request on Rogue One Movie Spoliers.

No spoilers. Just back from the midnight screening and.... wow.... absolutely fantastic! :)

I reckon it even blows TFA out of the water.

Go see Rogue One now!!!!

6 hours ago, Renegade Clone said:

No spoilers. Just back from the midnight screening and.... wow.... absolutely fantastic! :)

Go see Rogue One now!!!!

Agreed. I slept one on it, and...WOW. Great movie. Can't wait to see it again.

On 11/30/2016 at 4:46 PM, ProvenceTristram said:

Spoilers? You mean like...

• Some stormtroopers get killed.
  • A few blasters get fired.
  • There are starships involved at some point.
  • The Death Star isn't destroyed.
  • Jyn Erso at one juncture wears clothing.
  • A guy has a white cape.
  • The Emperor survives.
  • There's a cameo by a dude that did that thing one time.
  • Darth Vader carries a red lightsaber.

Sorry. Movie ruined!

Hey!! There were people who were going to watch the movie, you know!

9 hours ago, Renegade Clone said:

That's a relief.

Just got back from seeing it, what a fantastic film! THAT, Mr Lucas, is how you make a prequel!

On 12/3/2016 at 9:30 PM, VaderFan2187 said:

Ahem...

Kids watch star wars too, so they better keep it clean! XD

I would love to see a Star Wars film (or more) with ratings in the R range.

2 hours ago, x105Black said:

I would love to see a Star Wars film (or more) with ratings in the R range.

Not sure what that rating is, but, it shouldn't have been a 12A in the UK.  A 12 maybe, but, it's not for young kids.

ETA, It's the best film released since ROTJ.

Edited by mickywrx

Okay guys, with the release of Rogue One happening now, please be reminded that we've asked you to wait 2 weeks before disusing anything concerning Rogue One that hasn't already been revealed in trailers. If you aren't sure if what you're about to say would be a spoiler or not, DON'T SAY IT! Us Regulators and Moderators want to enjoy the movie as much as the next Star Wars fan and as such we may not be present very much until we can each see the movie. DO NOT DO ANYTHING to make us want to make your lives difficult when we are next present!

If there are any major issues please PM myself, BEAVeR, Brick Doctor, or Stash2Sixx right away so we can deal with it. Thank you.

Before I say anything, is this particular thread one that we discuss spoilers in safety or should we stay clear even here? Would it be possible to have a dedicated spoiler-heavy thread if the title made it clear?

Not this.. the title is a misnomer. 

The topic you can post spoiler is the one I linked below... And better use spoiler tags to hide any because even browsing casually in "all activity" stream will reveal post snippets so people might still read spoilers by accident if not hidden.

Thank you.  All of you.

I can appreciate the humor, and I also appreciate your courtesy towards other members of the page.  But like MKJoshA said, spoilers pop up and I will chamber those involved really fast!

I am not a huge Star Wars fan, just casual.  In fact my love for Lego motivated me to look into Star Wars more.  I think this is among my favorite Star Wars films ever.  It's definitely in the top tier, far better than the Force Awakens which I liked, and now like less after seeing this way of doing it.  Well done!

Grew up with the original trilogy and I must say Rogue One is very good, just slightly below:

1.Empire Strikes Back

2.The Force Awakes

3.Revenge of the Sith/Rogue One

5.A New Hope/Return of the Jedi

6.The Phantom Menace

7.Attack of the Clones

On 12/23/2016 at 6:11 PM, Only Sinner said:

Jar-Jar, Boss Nass, midichlorians! This movie has it all! 

Mind. Blown. :oh:

Not to mention that it was CGI all the way through :classic:

I went to see this again last week with my nephews (who loved it!) and when it ended I turned my phone back on, and got a news notification that Carrie Fisher had passed away. Given the ending of the film, it was an almost chilling experience.

9 hours ago, Flandy said:

I went to see this again last week with my nephews (who loved it!) and when it ended I turned my phone back on, and got a news notification that Carrie Fisher had passed away. Given the ending of the film, it was an almost chilling experience.

Worst time ever. :(

Can anyone who has seen it in 3-D and 2-D tell me if the 3-D version is worth it? I hear the 3-D was a slap on job. 

41 minutes ago, Forresto said:

Can anyone who has seen it in 3-D and 2-D tell me if the 3-D version is worth it? I hear the 3-D was a slap on job. 

I've only seen it once so I'm sorry I can't answer your question in full, but when I saw it in 3D. Not that I prefer 3D though. It takes me about a half hour to adapt to it. Then again I've only seen a few movies in 3D overall. They didn't have any 2D times when I could go though. That being said once I got into it I'd say it was pretty decent. Space ships flying around and all. It's been a but since I've seen it but I don't remember any extreme moments where I went wow just due to 3D. If you're just going to see it for the first time and you are kind of like me(in not watching a lot of 3D and having to adjust for the first act of the movie), then I recommend 2D. If you've seen it before go for 3D if you have a little extra pocket change to throw down. Why not get a different experience. :classic:

On 12/15/2016 at 1:37 PM, Renegade Clone said:

Go see Rogue One now!!!!

Just saw it the other day and I agree. The battle scenes were way better too, just a better movie