Here’s my new little MOC:

769153P1050941edited.jpg

I wanted a small MOC, using the container truck 42024 wheels. But I also wanted that the vehicle was not been done a lot. So I chose the reach stacker, not very famous.

And TLC steal my idea

501905P1050924edited.jpg

832443P1050927edited.jpg

882153P1050928edited.jpg

I wanted a quite good design, "better than reality". (the real vehicle is not very nice ^^) I think the style of the real model is here. :classic:

392999P1050930.jpg

518886P1050938edited.jpg

Functions are :

• Steering
  • 3 cylinders fake engine
  • Lifting arm
  • Extending arm
  • Clamp, to catch the container

Steering is very simple. A "rack" is activated by a crank.

771913P1050934.jpg

Fake engine is activated by only one wheel.  (not enough space to put a differential).

564383P1050933edited.jpg

615084P1050931edited.jpg

The arm is controlled by 2 LA. You can torn the 2 sides of the axle, soi t’s easier to move the arm.

427313P1050935.jpg

The arm extension is very simple: there s just a 8t on a rack. It is braked by an other 8t with a pin with friction.

240354P1050936edited.jpg

It can be extended quite far.

710096P1050940edited.jpg

777592P1050929edited.jpg

To catch the container, a clamp is closed on it.

596514P1050937edited.jpg

Do you know what element was the more difficult to do? The container! It was difficult to find the limit between weight and full design. :laugh:

735261P1050939edited.jpg

I’m working on building instructions. I took screenshots on LDD and I’m assembling they on Photoshop. I though this idea would have been faster than a specialized software, but I’m not sure now. ^^'

24742925P2.png

I don’t know when they will be finished.

10 hours ago, legosamigos said:

I think that the gripper should be rotated as extra function :wink:

Second that. Very nice little model you've got there, like the simple functionality of it. Don't know if I would want to build it, I like to build the bigger ones out there. But it is very good.

That's a really nice little model!  The clamp mechanism is particularly interesting.

It looks like a huge amount of work to make instructions this way.  You might want to look into LDraw+LPub - I think that ends up more efficient after the initial learning curve. 

Thanks for the comments!

I didn't add the rotation of the clamp because I think it's not very useful on this model, and it's very difficult to insert (not enough space and too heavy: the stacker will be going to fall).

On ‎29‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 9:22 AM, Dafgek81 said:

like the simple functionality of it

It was the objective. A simple little MOC. :classic:

Very nice little MOC, clean design and functions.

I second that instructions this way seems to be a lot of work. LDraw and LPub would be faster, although there is a learning curve the first time, but worth it.

Stud.io could be another interesting option once it is released (beta is promising)

On ‎01‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 3:05 PM, Minique85 said:

I second that instructions this way seems to be a lot of work. LDraw and LPub would be faster, although there is a learning curve the first time, but worth it.

Yes, so I didn't finished with my idea, I just assembled the screenshots on a PDF file. That is less good, but don't want to spend more time on this MOC. :hmpf_bad:

http://rebrickable.com/mocs/Anto/reach-stacker

Edited by Anto

3 hours ago, Anto said:

Yes, so I didn't finished with my idea, I just assembled the screenshots on a PDF file. That is less good, but don't want to spend more time on this MOC. :hmpf_bad:

Thanks a lot anyway, it's great that you took the time to share the instructions already. It is a lot of work to put together.

I saw your MOC on Rebrickable today and had a look at the PDF, the pictures are very clear and it looks good :thumbup: