Brick Ministry

[VIDEO REVIEW] Star Wars 75172 Y-Wing Starfighter

Wasn't planning on picking this one up since I was pretty happy with the last two Y-Wings but I have to say this version is definitely the best yet! The new cockpit looks much nicer, the greebling and build are fantastic and I love the new bomb dropping mechanism. The retractable landing gear is also a nice touch. The spring loaded missiles are a bit out of place but should be easy to remove.

I'm still not happy with this, so I'm definitely happy about buying a revell model instead.

The bomb dropping is neat though.

was that a review? more a video of the build. anyway im really looking forward to this set. been waiting for a decent interpretation of the y wing and agree that the cockpit is so much better on this than the last one. is this already on the shelves in places?

I am very much looking forward to getting this. It's a very nice y-wing.

And of course, as La Chupacabra said, more sw585!

The Scarif set looks a lot more substantial in the video review than it did in the photos. I'd say the opposite is true of the Y-Wing. I like the new mechanism for loading bombs, but it seems like basic landing gear would have been a better addition than the yellow artillery loader. 

Russia tends to get sets for sale insanely early.

Nice showcase, Brick ministry, it's shot very well, although you could leave your opinion at the end of the video.

7 hours ago, Brick Ministry said:

Hi there! I's my firs review on this site, if i do something wrong, please, tell me :-)

Do you have access to other new sets ?

This dude apparently has all of the Microfighters and the Rebel battle pack too. So I'd say we can expect some 720p HD images of those sets and minifigures coming from his videos soon!

Edited by Mymaker123

9 minutes ago, Mymaker123 said:

This dude apparently has all of the Microfighters and the Rebel battle pack too. So I'd say we can expect some 720p HD images of those sets and minifigures coming from his videos soon!

75160 75161 75162 75163 75164 i have rights now.

And one more thing.. its 1080p HD.. 720p not kosher..))

Thx for watching!

Thanks for the review. I personally appreciate these kin of building reviews. Wow... Much better build than I anticipated. Landing gear?! And the pilot is not forced to lay down all the way to fit in the cockpit. Very nice. Thanks again!

I don't know why but I had the urge when I saw this build to build it in in LDD. And because you did such a fantastic build in such high quality and well paced...I actually made it in LDD. I would post in the Official Sets in LDD topic, but I have to wait until the instructions come out due to the guidelines. If anyone wants the LDD file I can find some way to attach it. Great job Brick Ministry can't wait until it goes on sale in the US. 

Edited by MaxTube55

Can you guys imagine the bomb dropping feature on a TIE bomber! :wub: