Asper

Park Railway in action at LEGO Fanwelt 2016 in Cologne

In May I showed you my version of the trains that run in the garden of Karlsruhe's palace. This was a static display. In the meantime I motorized the trains and added the automatic train control with SBricks and raspberry PI (this can be seen in the movie, when one trains stops and after a few seconds the other train starts) I also put more care into the overall layout and the children got a playground (motorized with PF). As I did not know which size I could handle I chose the minimal layout to run the two trains. For this reason the curves are almost too tight for the long and heavy trains. The feedback was very positive, so I will continue with this - next time with some more straight track elements between the curves...

The layout was displayed at the LEGO Fanwelt in Cologne, the moving carousel and swing can be seen in detail at the end of the short movie:

fanwelt_2016_-_layout_1.jpg
(flickr)

fanwelt_2016_-_greif.jpg
(flickr)

fanwelt_2016_-_porschelok.jpg
(flickr)

fanwelt_2016_-_layout_2.jpg
(flickr)

fanwelt_2016_-_collage_1.jpg
(flickr)

fanwelt_2016_-_collage_2.jpg
(flickr)

Very nice Asper, I already spotted it at 1000steine. Too bad I'm very busy with my work, otherwise I would have tried to visit Fanwelt, have been there before and always nice!

:wub_drool::wub_drool::wub_drool:

This is one of the greatest railway MOCs I've seen so far. Fantastic! Awesome! Magnificent! Can't find adequate words to describe my amazement.
All these funny little details show how much affection you put into it.

Do you have some photos of the PF mechanism for the playground?

Wonderful little layout! Its a great scale to build trains at to get in all the detail. Great use of homemaker figs too, really lovely scene with the moving playground equipment.

But I have to say that I love those huge trees!

Thank you all for this great feedback!

5 hours ago, Tenderlok said:

Do you have some photos of the PF mechanism for the playground?

Unfortunately I do not have pictures of the mechanism. Everything is still packed in boxes, no chance to take more pictures. The only details I have are at the end of the youtube movie