Kelkschiz

[MOC] Blacktron Scouttrax redirect

27920661725_f78ee18f68_c.jpg

I doubted where to post this MOC. The theme is clearly SF, but the heart of this MOC is Technic. Since this MOC started as a Technic MOC, I made the main post on the Technic sub-forum. I hope the moderator doesn't mind that I make a small topic here as well because I think people on this sub-forum might be interested as well. More info on the Technic forum here: 

Thanks for your lovely comments guys. I think the rarity of RC depends a bit on the sub-forum. Over on the Technic sub-forum a lot of MOCs are radio controlled. Personally I love tinkering with controling my LEGO creations. 

5 hours ago, av_bossk said:

Great job ! Question, what kind of control did you use ? Lego Official IR receiver ? SBrick ? Other ?

Thanks! Well I tried both, but in the video I've only used the Sbrick. The Sbrick can handle a little more more amps and voltage. but the main advantage is the added range, especially outdoor. 

great build! really dig the steering mech. ive been contemplating trying my hand at a RC craft for some time, and i think you just nudged me further into that direction!
and your vid? Priceless. brilliant!

2 hours ago, Ben Andrews said:

great build! really dig the steering mech. ive been contemplating trying my hand at a RC craft for some time, and i think you just nudged me further into that direction!
and your vid? Priceless. brilliant!

Thanks Ben! Building an RC MOC is a lot of fun, I can highly recommend it. It can take a little bit more fiddling to get everything just right (I happen to like fiddling). And then when it is finished, there is playing with it... I just lovely to see all the kids go wild at the local park seeing my MOC in action ^^. Especially when they realise that it is made from the same LEGO that they have at home.  

6 hours ago, Kelkschiz said:

Especially when they realise that it is made from the same LEGO that they have at home.  

TRUE THAT!!!! i work in a primary school and love blowing kids minds away!