Sign in to follow this  
Blufiji

Preparations For War

Gal Turok's army is training for the coming battles. They work diligently to prepare themselves and their equipment for combat!

30426933404_e01406bc1e_b.jpg

30893871180_4f05de85a8_b.jpg

No real story to this one, just thought they needed to be posted in here seeing as they are for GOH. Go Nocty Go Nocty!

I love the way you do trees, Blufiji! Your swamp scenes are my favorite. On this one, though, I am not sure of the vines on the surface, as it creates a strange sort of pattern that does not look altogether organic, and, as I said on your last build, I am still not sold on the bright green of those leaves. It does not tie in well with the dark green, lime green, or the olive green. The color-scheme of the first build, however, is top-notch. I was a bit unsure of the plain reddish-brown of the under-construction siege weapon at first, but as I looked more it looked better and better. Great job with the irregular base and the figure posing. Keep posting these things!

Awesome job! This is great! I like it a lot! The irregular base is nice, and the other is ok, but I think it is a little bright compared to the leaves on the trees... Keep it up!

2 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

I love the way you do trees, Blufiji! Your swamp scenes are my favorite. On this one, though, I am not sure of the vines on the surface, as it creates a strange sort of pattern that does not look altogether organic, and, as I said on your last build, I am still not sold on the bright green of those leaves. It does not tie in well with the dark green, lime green, or the olive green. The color-scheme of the first build, however, is top-notch. I was a bit unsure of the plain reddish-brown of the under-construction siege weapon at first, but as I looked more it looked better and better. Great job with the irregular base and the figure posing. Keep posting these things!

I always enjoy your thoughtful insight. First off let me say that I agree with you about the bright green. Unfortunately my regular green leaves are all tied up right now and had to improvise. the vines on the surface was a technique I used way way back when and it went over well. One thing I will be using and refining is the mangrove swamp trees for sure...everything else is debatable. Thanks Henjin!

2 hours ago, TheLordOfBricks said:

Awesome job! This is great! I like it a lot! The irregular base is nice, and the other is ok, but I think it is a little bright compared to the leaves on the trees... Keep it up!

Thanks sir!

1 hour ago, BrickJagger said:

Looks great. The foliage is well done, especially in the second build.

Thank you Brick!

Really liking a lot the green swamp, goblin troops having a lot of character, which I found interesting, as always looked them as disposable minions. :laugh:

awesome siege engine! Though I think the swamp has a bit too much of spiked weeds, the trees more than make up for that!

Great to see free Nocturnus preparing for war! The swamp scene is quite nice, and I like the touch of lanterns on the boats :thumbup: