markus1984

Star Wars - Battle on Rhen Var (Battlefront)

Now it`s done!
My biggest dream since i build  Lego (about 6 years ago) is true.
I want build always a big Star Wars Diorama like Hoth ore something, but Rhen Var from the old Battlefront games are such a great planet and doenst see really much of this location.

So, now some facts:
- Building time 10 months
- 250.000 parts
- 250 minifigs
- size 2,5 x 1,5 meters

Credits to Lary Lars, Brickwright and Slaki for her stunning X/Y-Wing/Snowspeeder version!

Also some credits to all they build an AT-AT the last time. I have only 3 weeks to build an AT complete and so i got many inspiration here from all the AT versions. After the exhibition i would build an complete and good version of the AT-AT :classic:.

Also a big Thanks for all they help me with feebdack, parts and LED`s!

Now the photos and hope you like it (detail photos watch on my flickr stream Flickr Album.

30887017310_7c1d5aa471_b.jpg

30887015100_6620f3b68d_b.jpg

31218731926_51f5c80fd9_b.jpg

31254594255_46cacb996a_b.jpg

31140322341_31c4bba5ff_b.jpg

have a nice evening/day

markus

Edited by markus1984

Holy cow that's awesome! I love......ummm, everything! the rock looks really rocky, the ships are all great, the AT-AT is fantastic, and 250,000 bricks! Wow!

Holy nostalgia Batman! I loved that map! :wub:

This is beyond amazing, you've created something beautiful. One of my new favorite builds on Eurobricks. :thumbup:

"THE EMPIRE HAS CAPTURED ANOTHER COMMAND POST"

250,000 parts. Well... average on Bricklink is somewhere in range of .11 cents a part (it varies wildly, of course). So a... 27-28 thousand dollar model (not including figs and s&h)? Sheesh.

That is huge! It's amazing! Very detailed. I don't know if you usually takedown your MOCS after a while but I don't think I would!

Great to see it is finally done Markus. I can see how much work you put into this and it really paid off. Congratulations on an awesome MOC!

That is a beautiful job right there. Love the snow and rock layout not to much of either but just perfect. This is a moc that is truly incredible. Hats off job well done !!!

Freaking brilliant!!! Superb work on the details, still looking at it. Great idea for the blue display panels and the antenna holders as mounts. Where did you get the stickers for the panels? Custom made or are they from actual sets? Again, just really awesome work. Have you considered of displaying the AT-AT legs as if it were walking? 

I regret that you are overseas so I will never see it in person.

Edited by ISDAvenger

Wow... just wow...
The amount of detail is impressive all around and on the mountains.
Also the choice of Rhen Var is very original. I also really like this map in the game. It was like Hoth (snowy) but with ruins of city and it made for very interesting infantry and vehicle combat.
I would write a longer comment but I got to go turn on my PS2 and play some Battlefront......

Thanks very much to all for this great feedback!

Really nice you like the MOC :thumbup:

I can move the legs but than its very unstable! I build it for a exhibition and so it must be a little bit stable when all the kids take her hands to it :laugh:

thanks

markus

So much details!

I keep going back to your flickr folder to pore through each photo because it is chockablock full of details! LOVELY! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thank you!

Here a picture from the exhibition this weekend - so your see better the complete size from the MOC.

31370857216_affbe7373c_c.jpg

markus

6 hours ago, markus1984 said:

Thank you!

Here a picture from the exhibition this weekend - so your see better the complete size from the MOC.

*snip*

WOW! That's gigantic! It looks big enough in that picture… but in the picture, when compared to everything… looks even bigger!

Edited by VaderFan2187

More close ups of the troopers pls! 

Love all the details but I am really taken with the hangar design and contents. That is so awesome! 

For the Empire!

Everything about this is very well done. The landscape captures the look of the planet very well and brings back a ton of nostalgia. The hanger bay is awesome, and the ship models are very well done. The only thing I wish it had was that blue cave from the Battlefront level; that always seemed like the place the most dramatic shoot outs and hold outs happened (at least that's how I saw it when I was a kid).