Antak

Spectrahk, Rahkshi of density control

The 7th and last rahkshi for my bionicle 2017 project, Spectrahk probably ended up with the best color schemes. I wanted a spooky, glowing look to it, as befitting something that can float through walls. The blades on the staff are really sleek and thin compared to my other rahkshi. It has the same features as the others, flight mode, G1 kraata, swiveling waist, and adjustable staff.

spectrahk__rahkshi_of_density_control_by

spectrahk_posed_by_antak3000-daow375.jpg

The staff blades are a bit wobbly due to the build. I liked the look of them too much to change it though.

spectrahk_swords_by_antak3000-daow370.jp

spectrahk_flight_mode_by_antak3000-daow3

spectrahk_kraata_compartment_by_antak300

The staff is actually modeled to look like the one on my G1 spectrahk, which used the old vladek swords

spectrahk__density_control_rahkshi_by_an

And with that, rahkshi project 2016 is finished. Here is a group shot of Makuta with his sons;

makuta_with_rahkshi_top_view_by_antak300

go_forth_my_sons__keep_my_brother_asleep

forgot to use the flash for that last one...

As always, comments and feedback welcome! Thanks for looking!

13 hours ago, Frozen Assasin said:

Feet bigger. That is my main problem. The feet. For the rest - a pretty damn good moc, excellent color scheme. 

That's a fair criticism, they like to tip over  a lot, though its more due to the weight on the ankles. What part would you suggest?

anyway, thanks for the feedback!

Edited by Antak

Wow really nice moc! I've always loved the way the rahkshi looked so seeing them in a G2 form is pretty nice. They all look really good especially with Makuta.

On 11/25/2016 at 5:21 PM, MrHerofan said:

Wow really nice moc! I've always loved the way the rahkshi looked so seeing them in a G2 form is pretty nice. They all look really good especially with Makuta.

Thank you! I really wanted some intimidating bad guys for the toa to fight. The rahkshi were some of my favorites from G1

This just oozes evil and looks like the villain I wish the Toa could have fought instead of some of the sets we did get... Probably one of my favorite Rahkshi you have built, and it definitely feels like your skills have advanced while doing this series of builds. The group shot with your Makuta at the end brings tons of nostalgic feelings!

9 hours ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

This just oozes evil and looks like the villain I wish the Toa could have fought instead of some of the sets we did get... Probably one of my favorite Rahkshi you have built, and it definitely feels like your skills have advanced while doing this series of builds. The group shot with your Makuta at the end brings tons of nostalgic feelings!

Yeah, Thanks! This guy's color scheme and parts came together really well.

15 hours ago, LEGOshibainu said:

I just watched Mask of Light for the first time and then saw this on here, it's brilliant!

The movie has so many flaws, but holy crap they did a great job making the rahkshi menacing. Thank you!

I went outside and got a good picture of my kurahk in the snow

kurahk_close_up_by_antak3000-dat031y.jpg

kurahk_victorious_by_antak3000-dat0338.j

I really want to get pictures of all my rahkshi out in their respective elements, but I need to wait for winter to end...

Did some photos up in the canyon today, with Voltrahk and Pohatu. Also just realized the powerlines in the first one, oh well. Note that I replaced my pohatu's awkward staff with a pair of nifty hooked weapons, so he can rock climb like Pohatu Nuva could.

voltrahk__swords_out_by_antak3000-db18ln

voltrahk_alt_view_2_by_antak3000-db18lq4

pohatu_falls_by_antak3000-db18lub.jpg

Didn't help him much though

That's a very nice lineup you have. The Rakhshi were my first Bionicle sets, so they have a special place in my heart. I'd buy these in a heartbeat!

I've never commented on your Rahkshi but I feel I should. I'm blown away by how you managed to update such a peculiar look and construction in a simple and effective way that still feels set-like (unlike the many Rahkshi revamps which I feel try too hard) AND keep both the waist mechanism and the Kraata storage system.

I agree the only real problem here is the feet you chose. The small Beast feet just don't fit, at it's not just about the size: the 2003 Rahkshi had large shoe-like feet which looked very odd and alien on such bestial creatures and ended up being part of their distinctive, half organic half robotic, look. What about using the Stars feet? They're available in all colours for all six Rahkshi you made, and they're fairly cheap on Bricklink.

Edited by Shakar

Thank you! My goal was to make them look like sets, and I'm not a big fan of the huge complicated look. If my mocs are tied to a certain theme, I like to keep the general look of that theme as much as possible.

@shakar; completely forgot about those parts, stars foot was pretty good. thought about the metru foot or the 1.0 hero foot too. I'll dig some stars feet out and give it a try.

I'm blown away. These are amazing!

I loved the original Rahkshi (even the one from Stars), so I didn't think anything could top them. I didn't realize how many flaws the originals had - yours bring out the best I always remembered of them. Amazing work!

On 4/7/2017 at 11:08 AM, Master_Data said:

I'm blown away. These are amazing!

I loved the original Rahkshi (even the one from Stars), so I didn't think anything could top them. I didn't realize how many flaws the originals had - yours bring out the best I always remembered of them. Amazing work!

Thank you! The frame I came up with is pretty flexible, I'd do more but I got sick of ordering the CCBS ballsocket in trans orange...

Anyway, was at the park during a rainstorm the other day (no one there to see some weirdo taking pictures of legos) and got some awesome photos. I've been trying to do this with each of my bionicle mocs, I was inspired by the cool art in the G1 instructions and packaging.

gurahk_in_the_region_of_water_by_antak30

The dim lighting made Gurahk look really menacing.

gali_vs_gurahk_by_antak3000-db379za.jpg

A fun shot of Gali vs Gurahk

nuetrahk_hunts_by_antak3000-db37b2q.jpg

Precariously balanced The rahkshi of gravity on a fallen tree trunk

Nuetrahk takes flight

And an exceptionally cool flight picture. Also, The only justification I have for the tiny feet, they interlock with the head.

Thanks! I need to stop being lazy and take some more outdoor shots. They're really fun to do

These Rahkshi mocs are so awesome! Have you thought about doing a tutorial or listing the parts/how to get them to make them? I'd love to be able to make them.
I wish Lego would do something to allow these custom bionicle ideas be released as unofficial sets to be built. Because i'v seen some really outstanding pieces from others as well that would be awesome to be able to construct.