Sign in to follow this  
Shadows

EB News Presents: LuxorV

Welcome to the January 14th, 2008 episode of EB News Presents! This evening it's going to be a little quiet around here, as Staudie seems to have gotten lost on the way to the studio and I'm going to be asking all of the questions. :-|

Tonight we're pleased to be able to bring you LuxorV, who I was lucky enough to first meet in the *cough*wildly popular*cough* Hitchhiker's Guide to the Vignette contest I hosted a while back.

Thank you for joining us!

Thanks for your interest. I'm really happy to answer your questions.

Then let's get started!

Q. How did you choose your username?

A. It

Another great interview with another great member! *y*

Thankyou imperialshadows and stauder for these, I can't wait for the next one!

Oh, yeah, it was cool to hear about LuxorV too :-P X-D

Batbrick is Back! >:-)

Great interview, thanks imperialshadows and LuxorV! Uh, and Staudie! X-D I never know you were a PhD student in Paleontology. 8-

I must be one of these: very good at answering, or very boring. You just commented three of my answers! ;-)

Anyway, thanks for interviewing me, imperialshadows. And thanks to Stauder, too; even if he was busy somewhere else ;-)

Keep up the good work, guys (maybe together, next time :-P )! *y*

I never know you were a PhD student in Paleontology

Oh, there are worst destinies, after all, iamded. X-D

LuxorV

I must be one of these: very good at answering, or very boring. You just commented three of my answers! ;-)

You answered very well, well enough to leave me with no particularly heckly things to say (lack of Staudie being responsible for a lot of that also :-P ).

You obviously took the time to carefully think out what you wanted to say and then said it clearly and completely. It's greatly appreciated! *y*

You wouldn't happen to need a job as a reporter when that whole paleontology thing falls through, would you? X-D

I kid, I kid. :-D

I'd really only need you part time... ;-)

You answered very well, well enough to leave me with no particularly heckly things to say (lack of Staudie being responsible for a lot of that also :-P ).

You obviously took the time to carefully think out what you wanted to say and then said it clearly and completely. It's greatly appreciated! *y*

You wouldn't happen to need a job as a reporter when that whole paleontology thing falls through, would you? X-D

I kid, I kid. :-D

I'd really only need you part time... ;-)

I'll need to check my planner. You know, there's a growing interest in paleontology by Hollywood actors [saw a report on that last week on MTV ;-) ].

How much do you offer me? 'Cause I was already contacted by .... and .... [third party lawyers don't let me tell the names *sad* ].

X-D ;-)

LuxorV

How much do you offer me? 'Cause I was already contacted by .... and .... [third party lawyers don't let me tell the names *sad* ].

Bus fare AND all you can eat in the employee lounge, except for seafood.

That's nearly double what Staudie gets, so it's a pretty generous offer.

Oh, heck, we'll throw in your own dressing closet room. X-D <--- (my official used car salesman face) It's such a deal! ;-)

Another great review! It's nice to know about LuxorV more! I found this one very funny! :-D

*y* *y*

*sweet*

Tonight we're pleased to be able to bring you LuxorV, who I was lucky enough to first meet in the *cough*wildly popular*cough* Hitchhiker's Guide to the Vignette contest I hosted a while back.

Even if it was my idea.. But I was busy, so I couldn't even make a vig. :-| :'-( Really. Really really. That said, you did do a great job running it. *y*

Q. Who should we interview next?

A. I think Mr.Mandalorian would be a great choice.

*signal fades*

Hey, thanks! That'd be great! Thanks Luxor!

Will

Even if it was my idea.. But I was busy, so I couldn't even make a vig. :-| :'-( Really. Really really. That said, you did do a great job running it. *y*

Hey, thanks! That'd be great! Thanks Luxor!

Will

Yes, it really was your idea Mandy Lori Ann! Been too long since I've gotten to call you by your favourite nickname there. :-D

Oh, and I'm still waiting for you to finish your entry so we can finally wrap up the contest! 8-| :-P

1 - 8479: Barcode Multi-Set

2 - 7712: Supernova

3 - 6066: Camouflaged Outpost

They

Darn you shadows! Now I have to go with my other tank... The one from the 60's...

6k6mtuh.png

(Image

Edited by Stauder

Yet another great interview! I find it interesting reading about other members! Keep up the good work. (or else....)

Edited by Lord Of Pies

I'm kind of running out of things to say about these, but another nice review. I enjoyed reading it.

I'm kind of running out of things to say about these, but another nice review. I enjoyed reading it.

My thoughts aswell :-$

Always a fun read, I appreciate the work you put into these *y* Thank you :-)

Great interview! I read this when it was done, but I only just got around to commenting on it! :-D I do have a question for LuxorV: The 8479 Barcode Multi-Set. I have heard that it is a un-reliable piece of garbage. What do you have to say about that charge? Is yours still working?

Great interview! I read this when it was done, but I only just got around to commenting on it! :-D I do have a question for LuxorV: The 8479 Barcode Multi-Set. I have heard that it is a un-reliable piece of garbage. What do you have to say about that charge? Is yours still working?

I had some problems with the gears the first time I built it, but I fear it was my fault |-/ . The second build came out smooth, and the alternates worked right.

Now, it's been a few years since I last built it, but it always worked *y*

My only complaint is that it can only contol one motor. The old 8485 could control 2, I seem to remember. Not to talk about the new control units. Maybe I should go for one of them 8-| ;-)

LuxorV

I had some problems with the gears the first time I built it, but I fear it was my fault |-/ .

I read that the electronics, especially the bar code reader, stop working after about six months. You didn't have that problem?

No, nothing like that. Mine was still working last time I used it, about 5-6 years after I got the set :-$

LuxorV

No, nothing like that. Mine was still working last time I used it, about 5-6 years after I got the set :-$

LuxorV

I'll have to try and find one then. *sweet* Do you have any photos of it?

Yet another great interview, IS *sweet* Question: Where and how do said interviews take place?

-Chuck

Yet another great interview, IS *sweet* Question: Where and how do said interviews take place?

-Chuck

I do the the interviews, Shadows Edits them and posts them. They work like this, We ask who to interview, find a victim, send him a "Can I?" Interview and If he says yes, I sent him a set of questions, which he asnwers, somtimes there is a follow up, and somtimes tehre is a mini plot (Pics, mini comic, whatever).

Who knows, you might get a message from me soon ;-)

Stauder

I do the the interviews, Shadows Edits them and posts them. They work like this, We ask who to interview, find a victim, send him a "Can I?" Interview and If he says yes, I sent him a set of questions, which he asnwers, somtimes there is a follow up, and somtimes tehre is a mini plot (Pics, mini comic, whatever).

Stauder

Sorry Stauder :-$ I'm a little new to reading the interviews, and since IS posts them, I assumed (inccorrectly) that both of you do them as sort of a conference chat on MSN or AIM.

Really X-O I had better dress in my Friday best! (Shabbat is on friday, although my family doesn't really celebrate it)

-Chuck

Sorry Stauder :-$ I'm a little new to reading the interviews, and since IS posts them, I assumed (inccorrectly) that both of you do them as sort of a conference chat on MSN or AIM.

I don't know if I could handle Staudie live like that... *wacko*

Initially, my intent was just to edit a few of his mistakes out and format the question and answer portion to be clearer. Eventually, I couldn't resist making comments and then added the show format to the beginning and end. Any pics are Staudie's work, I just comment on them.

I actually did this interview completely from approaching LuxorV to asking the questions (though some are Staudie standards) to writing it all up. I think the only one I'd ever done completely alone before was my first one, which was the actual interview of Staudie himself. As I recall, it was decided that it would be silly for him to interview himself, so I offered.

That doesn't really explain why I interviewed myself a few weeks ago, including heckling. X-D

Stauder

Well, in this case, as the subtitle suggests, I was interviewed by imperialshadows only. It seems Stauder had some problems getting to work that day 8-| X-D ;-)

Sinner: I'm late in answering, sorry. I last built it before I got a digital camera, so no photos :-( If you need something specific (not the complete model), just tell me and I can try and take some pics :-)

LuxorV