wanseetoon

Brickbrats Museum of Natural History

Hi Eurobricks

Just sharing my latest 64x32 modular moc, hope you guys like it.

I stole the dino skeleton from Research Institute and the mummy from Scooby Doo :)

https://flic.kr/s/aHskLEt9HU

30999493901_95b57b1ea0_c.jpgIMG_7239 by Winston Loo, on Flickr

30999497511_5aee205fc2_c.jpgIMG_7246 by Winston Loo, on Flickr

31113342955_0e5901c9fe_c.jpgIMG_7242 by Winston Loo, on Flickr

31077276136_ac85653772_c.jpgIMG_7244 by Winston Loo, on Flickr

30999496551_9c1dddd09a_c.jpgIMG_7248 by Winston Loo, on Flickr

31113345015_23772c2c2f_c.jpgIMG_7249 by Winston Loo, on Flickr

31077278706_189a40beb5_c.jpgIMG_7250 by Winston Loo, on Flickr

30999498051_9ed257fcc2_c.jpgIMG_7252 by Winston Loo, on Flickr

30999499151_52621572f4_c.jpgIMG_7253 by Winston Loo, on Flickr

30999504061_c88648c65d_c.jpgIMG_7256 by Winston Loo, on Flickr

30999502171_eab04f64ee_c.jpgIMG_7260 by Winston Loo, on Flickr

30999502941_8a5742ee6d_c.jpgIMG_7262 by Winston Loo, on Flickr

30999504711_45b75d6556_c.jpgIMG_7264 by Winston Loo, on Flickr

30999507201_0d4cf92344_c.jpgIMG_7265 by Winston Loo, on Flickr

30778904930_fea0181a40_c.jpgIMG_2757 by Winston Loo, on Flickr

30778905390_38babbe336_c.jpgIMG_2765 by Winston Loo, on Flickr

31003052012_a7d9d9196e_c.jpgIMG_2766 by Winston Loo, on Flickr

30778905670_68303d8258_c.jpgIMG_2771 by Winston Loo, on Flickr

30778905560_056d65ca62_c.jpgIMG_2773 by Winston Loo, on Flickr

31003052362_6f9df8fb95_c.jpgIMG_2777 by Winston Loo, on Flickr

30778905870_a37276b419_c.jpgIMG_2774 by Winston Loo, on Flickr

31110834006_65a239ec38_c.jpgFullSizeRender by Winston Loo, on Flickr

ps: first time sharing on flickr so it is trial and error. :)

Edited by wanseetoon
added pictures

Hi

for what i can see it's a Great Build!!!! ( love the door and the round window above it ) a Great adition to any City-layout

- can't wait for more pictures from this build!!!

Greetings

52 minutes ago, carebear said:

Hi

for what i can see it's a Great Build!!!! ( love the door and the round window above it ) a Great adition to any City-layout

- can't wait for more pictures from this build!!!

Greetings

Thanks for the kind words. I have added the other pics. Hope you enjoy it.

I had thought that the whole album would be accessible from here, but I guess I was wrong.

regards

This looks great. The stained glass window is very impressive and the interior is just amazing. A beautiful build :classic: :thumbup:

I would maybe add a shark, sawfish and crocodile to the exhibition. And consider giving the dinosaur skeleton a mkre narrow snout. I know that the science institute has a 2 studs wide skulk too, but carnivore dinosaurs were surprisingly slim. Especially their heads.

This is fantastic. The overall appearance has everything which you would expect from a grand build. The interior is also pretty awesome with lots of nice details to look at. I also like how you solved the access to the interior. Neat.

I love museums and this is a great example of one!! It looks like it could be based on a real building... I really like the stained glass window and the skylights. The interior looks great too!!

Excellent work!! 

8 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

This looks great. The stained glass window is very impressive and the interior is just amazing. A beautiful build :classic: :thumbup:

I would maybe add a shark, sawfish and crocodile to the exhibition. And consider giving the dinosaur skeleton a mkre narrow snout. I know that the science institute has a 2 studs wide skulk too, but carnivore dinosaurs were surprisingly slim. Especially their heads.

great idea!

7 hours ago, redtrooper27 said:

Absolutely beautiful!! It looks VERY true to its part as a Natural History Museum. 

Thanks!

7 hours ago, peedeejay said:

This is fantastic. The overall appearance has everything which you would expect from a grand build. The interior is also pretty awesome with lots of nice details to look at. I also like how you solved the access to the interior. Neat.

Thank you. Was too lazy to MOC the mummy & paleontology sections. Space was a big issue as well hence no reception counter

4 hours ago, greg3 said:

I love museums and this is a great example of one!! It looks like it could be based on a real building... I really like the stained glass window and the skylights. The interior looks great too!!

Excellent work!! 

Thanks Greg. It is not based on a real building, wish it was.

4 hours ago, redtrooper27 said:

The more I look at your pictures the more I love it!! The front facade could also be an old school!

Thanks!!!

6 hours ago, snaillad said:

Very nice build! I particularly like the stained glass window and owl's in the arches. :thumbup:

thank you!!

On 11/23/2016 at 3:30 PM, Man with a hat said:

Impressive, very impressive!

19 hours ago, tkatt said:

Wonderful details throughout. Great work!

2 minutes ago, Cris said:

This is a great build. Lots of details and the front facade looks very clean.

TQ All, thanks for the encouragement.

I love the interior just as much as the exterior. I like the owls and droid heads on the exterior. I have quite a few of the droid heads from a draft our LUG group did.The openings on the inside between the two levels and the skylights are a great idea and it gives it that grand museum feeling. Lots of nice details all over. This would make for such a lovely modular addition to anyone's modular town layout and certainly worthy of being a modular set. The only thing I could see Lego changing on it are some other color highlights on the exterior, as their modulars tend to be more colorful than in real life.

12 hours ago, Miro78 said:

I love the interior just as much as the exterior. I like the owls and droid heads on the exterior. I have quite a few of the droid heads from a draft our LUG group did.The openings on the inside between the two levels and the skylights are a great idea and it gives it that grand museum feeling. Lots of nice details all over. This would make for such a lovely modular addition to anyone's modular town layout and certainly worthy of being a modular set. The only thing I could see Lego changing on it are some other color highlights on the exterior, as their modulars tend to be more colorful than in real life.

:grin:

On 11/20/2016 at 10:16 PM, wanseetoon said:

Hi Eurobricks

Just sharing my latest 64x32 modular moc, hope you guys like it.

I stole the dino skeleton from Research Institute and the mummy from Scooby Doo :)

IMG_7248 by Winston Loo, on Flickr

30999507201_0d4cf92344_c.jpgIMG_7265 by Winston Loo, on Flickr

FullSizeRender by Winston Loo, on Flickr

ps: first time sharing on flickr so it is trial and error. :)

I absolutely love your design!  I also looks like it would be a great train station.  Your design has inspired me.  Been trying to make compact sized building like this but always end up with it being too large.

any advice on how to do the colors of the stained glass window?  i can't find a pattern in the photo and I really like how you did your colors.  Truly an inspiration, well done!!

Edited by ncx

On 12/15/2016 at 0:19 PM, ncx said:

I absolutely love your design!  I also looks like it would be a great train station.  Your design has inspired me.  Been trying to make compact sized building like this but always end up with it being too large.

any advice on how to do the colors of the stained glass window?  i can't find a pattern in the photo and I really like how you did your colors.  Truly an inspiration, well done!!

Hi Nex

Thanks for the kind words. Due to the small size of the stained glass, I couldn't do a pattern. The colors were random and it did turn out nicely.

On 12/15/2016 at 11:27 PM, AnkTales said:

Big work and much details! very good! 

thanks!

So much detail, so awesome. Reminds me of the interior of the British Museum a bit with the Egyptian parts.

Absolutely gorgeous! I especially love and am inspired by your door design. The stained glass window turned out great by the way.

-Deme

19 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

So much detail, so awesome. Reminds me of the interior of the British Museum a bit with the Egyptian parts.

18 hours ago, Demetreous said:

Absolutely gorgeous! I especially love and am inspired by your door design. The stained glass window turned out great by the way.

-Deme

Thanks and happy holidays!