VBBN

Star Wars Constraction 2017 Discussion and Rumors

Yesss.... I've been waiting to see them do a Scout Trooper and a Speeder Bike for a while.

Not taking into account that I find Stormtroopers in general to be incredibly boring (I like droids a lot more and I wish we got more of them), I'm still intrigued about these. Especially for the vehicle and the size of the figures, but I need to talk about the prices for that.

Ouch, those preces are quite high. They're a bit odd too (33 and 66?)- there could be multiple explanations for that but I do have the suspect their prices in dollars were 30 and 60-65. TFA figures suffered that extra fee in Europe too.

That said, so far the only Battle Figures I felt were truly overpriced (even as SW sets) were the other 5 RO sets, Finn and Poe. Overall it's been a mixed bag. But I tend to think that these two sets are still going to be pretty big. I hope the Commander brings something less cookie cutter to the table, like Vader and Grievous managed to do. We really need more custom stuff right now.

Addiotbally, maybe they're testing the waters to (re)introduce larger constraction sets for the future. But right now I shouldn't be too hopeful about constraction in general. : P : /

Oh, well, guess that makes my Scout Trooper MOC pointless. :tongue:

48 minutes ago, Shakar said:

Ouch, those preces are quite high. They're a bit odd too (33 and 66?)- there could be multiple explanations for that but I do have the suspect their prices in dollars were 30 and 60-65. TFA figures suffered that extra fee in Europe too.

I don't know where these prices come from, but I've seen them listed at 30 and 60€ on a dutch site. The other SW Constraction sets were at 30€ too, so I think the Stormtrooper will rather cost 25€ / 25$ / 20£ (so the same price as the previous sets), and the Scout Trooper with Speederbike will be between 50 and 60€.

Well, so glad they're releasing one more set this summer!

Like what I said, the Stormie Conmander from OT will be $25 or 30 - I predict that it will be a different version of the FO one but becoming better by using the RO thigh addon or something bigger like Vader but slightly more detailed.

Again, what a great surprise, the Scout Trooper with Speeder Bike will be interesting, especially when it comes to TECHNIC parts, it will hooefully introduce brown parts and a enjoyable  build, as well as a similar figure attachment line Speeda Demon from 2012. Can't wait what it will look like!

Edited by Chimaninja454

Weren't we supposed to get not 2 but 6 more sets in 2017? Are the 3 sets we got so far (Rogue One wave 2) included? Even so, there still should be one missing. 

And I thought we were supposed to get Boba.

1 hour ago, Shakar said:

Weren't we supposed to get not 2 but 6 more sets in 2017? Are the 3 sets we got so far (Rogue One wave 2) included? Even so, there still should be one missing. 

And I thought we were supposed to get Boba.

This is just idle speculation, but whenever I've been to the Lego aisle at different stores the shelves always seem packed with unsold Star Wars figures and I wouldn't be surprised if they've cut down the number of sets they are launching to better match demand.

Guess I can dream on getting a CCBS Asajj Ventress, it doesn't seem like it going to happen. But the stormies really got me interested, Scout Trooper is a no brainer even if there are no pics of it yet, I quite like their design.

7 hours ago, Tazakk said:

This is just idle speculation, but whenever I've been to the Lego aisle at different stores the shelves always seem packed with unsold Star Wars figures and I wouldn't be surprised if they've cut down the number of sets they are launching to better match demand.

I know anecdotal evidence doesn't work, but it's the same here. SW figures are shelfwarmers, except maybe Kylo. I see Finn and Rey everywhere. Not sure about the 2015 sets since I've seen them around very rarely. Too early to tell with the Rogue One sets, Italy only got the first 3 so far.

Odd that they'd cut Boba of all sets though, he's probably not an easy seller like DV but he should still be popular.

Edited by Shakar

Given that SW constraction has lasted this long (even longer than Bionicle!) I'd wager that SW constraction sets are doing well, but what do I know...

9 hours ago, Shakar said:

I know anecdotal evidence doesn't work, but it's the same here. SW figures are shelfwarmers, except maybe Kylo. I see Finn and Rey everywhere. Not sure about the 2015 sets since I've seen them around very rarely. Too early to tell with the Rogue One sets, Italy only got the first 3 so far.

Odd that they'd cut Boba of all sets though, he's probably not an easy seller like DV but he should still be popular.

If I didn't get Rey as a birthday present, I probably never would have :classic:

But I actually am in the minority in the sense that I don't like fabric elements, so Kylo and Rey are... eh. Why don't I like fabric? They're hard to pose and get in the way (like Chirrut)

About Boba: we got Jango in 2015. I'd wait a while longer.

Well they are constantly at 20% on amazon and except for maybe Vader never went out of stock much. 

I don't want to say they are bombing but they are not hot sellers either. 

The problem here is, I'm excited for a Scout Trooper with a speeder bike because of the speeder bike. The trooper himself will likely be pretty barebones, and at the most, he won't really offer a whole lot that the FO Stormtrooper already has. But then we are getting a Commander? I hope they are going with the Blue and White styled one, and not the orange-pauldroned OT variant which would be extremely boring in comparison. But then, on that note, why not just make Rex?

Either way, I hope Lego doesn't shoot themselves in the foot by offering up more stormies and losing sales as a result of oversaturating the line with them. I think adding a vehicle is a great move, but at a high price point, I really hope to see another 4 figures at lower pricepoints (for the sake of sales.)

I've watched a few video reviews and I have to say I'm pleasantly suprised by Baze Malbus. He has some neat details and a suprisingly complex and well designed armour built with Technic. Some really good recolours too. With these sets, the new panel shell is already available in 3 colours. Pretty impressive.

On 10/1/2017 at 9:47 AM, VaderFan2187 said:

If I didn't get Rey as a birthday present, I probably never would have :classic:

But I actually am in the minority in the sense that I don't like fabric elements, so Kylo and Rey are... eh. Why don't I like fabric? They're hard to pose and get in the way (like Chirrut)

About Boba: we got Jango in 2015. I'd wait a while longer.

Yeah, I got Rey on sale. License fees are bad enough as they are, but in general I can't justify paying the full price for a set I'm going to mainly use for parts.

Boba was rumoured/hinted to be included by someone with inside info (to paraphrase them "I know there's one set with sand green parts"). 2015 is enough since Jango is almost 18 months old now.
And it should be a no brainer to release Boba, the character is very popular and making his figure would be very easy to do: they already have the head mold, all they have to do is changing a few decals and recolour a few parts, and possibly making his cape.

2 hours ago, Shakar said:

I've watched a few video reviews and I have to say I'm pleasantly suprised by Baze Malbus. He has some neat details and a suprisingly complex and well designed armour built with Technic. Some really good recolours too. With these sets, the new panel shell is already available in 3 colours. Pretty impressive.

Boba was rumoured/hinted to be included by someone with inside info (to paraphrase them "I know there's one set with sand green parts").

I don't like Baze Malbus. His head really doesn't look like him. And I'm quite fussy about the head :D

"I know there's one set with sand green parts": Greedo! Kashyyyk Clone Trooper? Ok just kidding Boba is probably the most likely one.

On 10/01/2017 at 7:38 PM, VBBN said:

The problem here is, I'm excited for a Scout Trooper with a speeder bike because of the speeder bike.

Haha, I don't think you're the only one. The speeder bike is definitely the most interesting part of the set (or at least the more promising, since we don't know how it will look like). Two regular troopers in the same wave could indeed be boring, but I feel they couldn't pass on the Stormtrooper. It's an iconic design, so I understand why they made one.

5 hours ago, Shakar said:

With these sets, the new panel shell is already available in 3 colours. Pretty impressive.

Three ? Chirrut has one in white, and Baze has two in light bley, so what's the third colour ?

2 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

I don't like Baze Malbus. His head really doesn't look like him. And I'm quite fussy about the head :D

Well, I guess it could be worse. I mean, I don't mind the head, actually (beside his expression maybe). I really like the way his armor is built, and he looks very good, from every angle. I don't have Chirrut Îmwe, but I think Baze is the best set of the wave. The only issue I have with him is the length of the tube, which kinda limits the poses with the gun.

10 minutes ago, Leewan said:

Well, I guess it could be worse. I mean, I don't mind the head, actually (beside his expression maybe). I really like the way his armor is built, and he looks very good, from every angle. I don't have Chirrut Îmwe, but I think Baze is the best set of the wave. The only issue I have with him is the length of the tube, which kinda limits the poses with the gun.

Also, his gun is way too small. They should have made a new mold with a rapid stud shooter fitted inside.

37 minutes ago, Leewan said:

Three ? Chirrut has one in white, and Baze has two in light bley, so what's the third colour ?

Ah, no, I meant the large panel shells used as thigh armour. Baze has them in dark tan and the Scarif Trooper has them in dark brown. You meant those small add-ons on their wrists, I suppose?

Yeah I meant that. The head does look a bit confused, but I haven't seen the movie yet so I don't know how is his character. But the build is a lot more creative than the other RO sets, sans K-2SO. They even made small pouches for him!

31 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Also, his gun is way too small. They should have made a new mold with a rapid stud shooter fitted inside.

I have to disagree there. His gun could maybe stand to be a bit larger, but a rapid stud shooter would make the barrel of his gun nearly the size of his head! The movie prop is big, but not nearly THAT big.

1 hour ago, Aanchir said:

I have to disagree there. His gun could maybe stand to be a bit larger, but a rapid stud shooter would make the barrel of his gun nearly the size of his head! The movie prop is big, but not nearly THAT big.

True. But I want something that can shoot multiple shots.

14 hours ago, Shakar said:

Ah, no, I meant the large panel shells used as thigh armour. Baze has them in dark tan and the Scarif Trooper has them in dark brown. You meant those small add-ons on their wrists, I suppose?

Oh, yes, I thought you were talking about the new add-ons. But you're right, it's nice to see the new thigh shell in new colours. With the Stormtrooper, we could also expect it in white.

13 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

True. But I want something that can shoot multiple shots.

Then build a new gun yourself, perhaps something with two spring-loaded launchers side to side. :wink:

4 hours ago, Leewan said:

Oh, yes, I thought you were talking about the new add-ons. But you're right, it's nice to see the new thigh shell in new colours. With the Stormtrooper, we could also expect it in white.

Yeah, I was thinking the same for the Stormtrooper. Seems almost like a no brainer, 5 out of the 6 Rogue One figures (sans Chirrut) have used them. Hoping for more colours, like silver, though I don't know what character could use them.

6 hours ago, Leewan said:

Then build a new gun yourself, perhaps something with two spring-loaded launchers side to side. :wink:

Not being an expert with CCBS/Technic, it's a bit harder for me to build one :classic:

But I don't have the figure anyway :laugh:

On 1/13/2017 at 0:32 AM, Shakar said:

Yeah, I was thinking the same for the Stormtrooper. Seems almost like a no brainer, 5 out of the 6 Rogue One figures (sans Chirrut) have used them. Hoping for more colours, like silver, though I don't know what character could use them.

The Star Wars CCBS sets have been pretty generous with recolours, so I'd expect Lego to do that anyhow.

Oh, the Scout Trooper & Speederbike sounds pretty cool for a set. For some reason I didn't think they'd go for something like that, but I'm pretty happy and I might try to pick that up? It seems pricey, though that's probably to be expected as vehicle sets weren't historically too cheap in cost.