Sign in to follow this  
Batbrick

Interactive Apocalypse : Part 2!

Read post first, then vote carefully! MUHAHA!  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which character to take up on offer?

• Neron, though mysterious, he is highly skilled and could easily replace your two men
    • Reginald Jameson, though a bit suspicious, and unwilling to fight, his technology and genius could give you a significant advantage
    • Kabuki, though hard to understand, he is extremely loyal and friendly, and his knowledgo of the region is extremely valuable
    • Commander Xenu, though it is a long, and at times dangerous trek, his base is far better than your rusting one
    • None I hate them all!
  2. 2. Which region to explore for supplies?

• The Wastlelands. Play it safe. Though you won't find heaps, it'll be enough, and there is little danger.
    • The Swarm Path. You are bound to find plenty of food, and though you must be quick, it will be worth it.
    • The Deadzone. Though very deadly, the payoff in this one is immense. Succeed, and you could be up to your knees in weapons, and maybe even a tank
    • The Mountains. There might bge great stuff there, maybe even a better shelter than your base. There might be nothing too though.....
  3. 3. What to do about food problem?

• Eat that Runt!
    • Let you unstable team mate eat that Runt first!
    • Play it safe, and keep hunting for Squents and the like.
    • Stuff it! Eat that unstable team mate!
  4. 4. What to do with Weaver?

• Attempt to tame and train it, it might prove very useful
    • Kill it and eat it, the legs and body are not poisonous and provide a delicious energising meal
    • Leave it alone till it dies, no way are you gonna face a thing with a poisonous barb
    • Let it free, taming could prove deadly, and you are a good person

Hello, welcome back to: Interactive Apocalypse! *skull*

p1200578.jpg

For those new to this (hopefully :-$ ) exciting game, here is some history:

Intro: http://eurobricks.hosting.ipsyn.com/eurofo...showtopic=12746

Part 1: http://eurobricks.hosting.ipsyn.com/eurofo...showtopic=12873

Part 1.5 - The Update: http://eurobricks.hosting.ipsyn.com/eurofo...showtopic=13550

Last time you voted to upgrade your base:

p1200551.jpg

And to search for survivors and keep you unstable team mate:

p1200582.jpg

You did find a survivor, a man named Exobuilder, who joined your team.

Later on, you found some other characters, each one could be of great help or great problem. Here they are:

Neron:

p1200648.jpg

An mysterious, extremely high skilled warrior, who wants to join your team. He says that it should be only you and him, to make things more "challenging". Though arrogant, he could easily replace twenty men, let alone the two you have.

Reginald Jameson:

p1200649.jpg

A genius brit who, though refusing to fight, can make for you technology and better weapons. He is rather suspicious, and wants you to make him tea.

Kabuki:

p1200647.jpg

A very friendly, extremely loyal savage who knows the entire region like the back of his hand, which is extremely useful. He is probably the only trustworthy character, the only problem being the enormous amount of concentration needed to understand his poor english.

Commander Xenu:

p1200650.jpg

A skilled combat rebel, Xenu has a rebel base away from yours, which is far better protected and near more resources. He wants you, and only you, to join his team and base. Unfortunately, the trek is long and at times dangerous, though it would be worth it.

You, EB, must choose which offer to take.

Another problem has also arisen. The surrounding area of your base has been pillaged entirely by you, and not a scrap remains to help keep your base protected. The Swarm's constant attacks, while having time gaps between each wave, is slowly destroying your fort. You must travel to an unexplored region, and fetch supplies, or all is lost.

p1200579.jpg

You have four options, these places to go:

The Wastelands. You already border it, so this is the closest and quickest. This one is definitely play-it-safe, as few creatures live in The Wastelands. The few that do reside here are relatively harmless, just don't travel to far into this place, because in the center, Monsters dwell. You are bound to find something, as it was once a teeming harbour, just don't expect anything really great.

The Swarm Path. This is in the direction from which The Swarm attack. After a wave retreats, it will be about 24 hours before they return for blood. You can use this time to pick up what they left behind, which no doubt includes much food and possibly other material. Just be quick, you don't want to be found with no defense.

The Deadzone. The most dangerous, but if successful, by far the most fruitful choice. The Deadzone is a canyon which lies a fair distance from your base, away from The Swarm Path. In this nightmarish hellhole reside the deepest fears of man: The Monsters. These evil demonic creatures will spell the doom of many a man who goes here, but if you be careful, you may succeed. On the very outer rim (the safest part) of The Deadzone, lies dozens of tanks, armoured vehicles, supplies and weapons. Though this is a huge risk, the payoff, should you succeed, would render you invincible for a time.

The Mountains. Almost nothing is known of these parts. It is a lucky draw, you may find all you want, or nothing at all. Almost no dangers exist there luckily, but maybe nothing at all does either. Risk it?

Choose wisely Eb, choose wisely.

Another choice must yet be made too. Food is running out, and you'll need plenty while scouting for supplies. Several creatures new to you, "Runts", have been appearing lately, and you have managed to catch some.

Here is a pic of the Runts:

p1200617.jpg

Cute, aren't they? X-D

Should you eat one, not knowing if it is poisoned or not?

Get your half-crazed team mate to be the gunea pig, and make him eat one first?

Instead, why not leave them alone and hunt for more dangerous, but certaintly not poisonous animals?

Or you could just stuff it and eat your unstable team mate! :-D

Lastly, a most interesting incident has occured. A Weaver, seen here:

p1200643.jpg

Has become caught in one of your fort's gates, and cannot escape. Many humans love Weavers, despite them being deadly, because of their timid, but gentle nature. Some of these fascinating creatures have even been tamed and trained as defense weapons and rides by survivors.

What should you do?

Attempt to tame it, as a weapon and ride?

Eat it, the legs and body are not poisinous, and make for a delicious meal.

Stay clear of it until it dies, those things are poisonous!

Let him free, taming is too risky, and killing him might just kill you too.

All these decisions have planned consequences that only I know EB, so choose carefully. Nothing is as it seems. Do you play it safe? Or take a risk? You decide! Vote now! Vote to SURVIVE!

p1200549.jpg

Also, comments and constructive criticism appreciated :-)

Thanks to Hinckley for the permission to do this series, and to Exobuilder for letting me put him in this! :'-)

Enjoy!

Batbrick, this is awesome! Thanks for making this fun adventure that we can all take part in. X-D

To start with, I voted for Reginald Jameson, as I feel he will be able to help you the most. Neron may be a great warrior, but do you really want to send out your friends to the mercy of the swarm? (hmmm, actually that's not a bad idea! >:-) ) Commander Xenu doesn't look the trustworthy type, and Kabuki... just looks funny. :-P

Secondly, I think the Deadzone is the way to go, as I have always loved a little danger (especially when it is other people who are in it >:-) ), and the rewards would be fantastic! I have to say they all sound like promising places, but The Deadzone just does it for me. X-D

Make your unstable team-mate eat it, and watch him die, as that would be hilarious! :-D (who said that? X-O ). As it is an easy to catch creature, it would be good to know if you can eat it, as it would be an easy and safe source of food. You could always make Exo-builder eat it... >:-) *skull*

Lastly, try to tame the thing, as it will give you something to do between raids, and it would be a great companion (a bit like a horse is, except horses aren't poisonous X-D ). I think that in this sort of situation, it is always good to take risks and trust to luck, because if you can't trust luck, who can you trust? :-P

Thanks again Batbrick, great work, I can't wait for the results of the poll! *sweet* *y*

Edited by dragonator

Reginald Jameson for technology, the mountains for good protection and possible technology, feed the runts to the half crazed man for sanity, and keep it as a pet. those are my two cents :-P .

First I must say that is story is really heating up and I am very exciting to see how everything turns out! This is an amazing and very well executed idea, Batbrick!

For teammates.

I voted for Neron. Despite his shady character I believe he is just merely trying to survive at all measures. This means, no emotions, less mouths to feed, and the abilities of a trained warrior. Only the strong survive, and Neron will prove that. By getting rid of the weak now, supply distrubution will be greater for the two of you. It will be much easier to find enough for two mouths instead of everyone. Yes, that is harsh, and I'm sorry Exobuilder, but to initially surive this must done. After acquiring excess resources and finding a good position to set up a new base, then more people can be invited to the party. Neron also plays out into my decision of exploring the Deadzone. Reginald would be nice to have cause of tech, but what can he do if there aren't any resources? At least Neron can fight for you which is a must now that you will have to leave the base. The savage could be helpful but again, how good are his fighting skills. Keep in mind you will still have to fight the swarm some way or another. You can't hide from them forever. Finally, Xenu is just the worst choice. You've seen what happened to your base, who's to say that it won't happen to his or has happened all ready?

Where to Go.

The Deadzone. The great reward at the end will be far worth it. The ability to slaughter the swarm, set up a base, hunt for more survivors, and collect supplies is crucial. The best person to embark with you would be Neron. You will need a warrior to fight your way through and help you survive.

Runts.

Before getting rid of your teammates make one of them eat the darn thing. If they're eatable, they could save your life.

Weaver

Eat it. There's no use for a domestic animal because you still have the vehicle in your base. You can ride and carry supplies on that. Who knows when you will find food again. If the thing is eatable then eat it. Maybe you could dry it and make some sort of Jerky or Pemmican like the Indians did. That would really be useful. Perhaps the venom could be extracted as well and used as a weapon. (Which would prove very handy just in case Neron tries to backstab you.)

Reginald Jameson seems like the best way to go IMO. Play it safe in the wastelands until Jameson makes you better weapons, and pick up any scraps you can find to patch up your base. Feed the runt to your team mate, he'll be fine. And if not, well, he was a liability anyway. X-D Also, try to train the weaver, it looks like it could prove useful, and I get the feeling the runts will be fine to eat instead.

This is going along greatly, Batbrick! The creations are awesome and the storyline is fantastic! *y* *y*

~Peace

Great work here Batbrick, I was waiting for this section *y*

This is proving to be really fun and enjoyable too

Great Base updates and "swarm" additions!

Now for the choices that can kill you( very likely)

Team Member:

Neron, a bit shady, but a skilled warrior is always better than a maniac and Exo-builder. Jameson is too suspicious, he may be good a tech stuff but is useless as battles and you need a warrior in the end. The native is your best friend really and can be taught better English. However he could be a poor warrior(Who needs friends?After all it is a freakin Apocalypse >:-) :-D ) ? Xeno is an interesting choice, his base could be interesting and you can salvage from it. However he could be a compulsive liar............

I voted for Neron, he will help you survive better and you can learn some martial arts from him. I hope he isn't so mutant or something(since they are very smart)

Place to explore

The deadzone (love the name >:-) ) is the best choice , because you reap a great reward, plus I like the feeling of adventure with danger involved. I also want to see what kind of tanks are over there and Neron can help you.

Runts

Make Exo-builder eat it >:-) :-P Then see what happens :-D

Keep the weaver and tame it ,since organic methods of transportation are better than mechanical, plus it has poison which you can extract(somehow?) and make darts

P

Edited by Piranha

I love Interactive Apocalypse!

Okay, I voted for the dead zone. I want to see the tank. I voted to take on Neron, although I really want to see that base of Xenu's. Hopefully it'll make it's way into the story. *sweet* Clearly you should let your mate eat the runt.

I voted to train the weaver, who is my least favorite animal of yours so far, he doesn't look as organic as the other one's did. It's probably the click hinge limbs and neck. But he's still awesome! To say he's my least favorite doesn't mean I don't like him. I want to see him eat your unstable team mate during his taming but that wasn't an option. :-$

Batbrick, this is awesome! Thanks for making this fun adventure that we can all take part in.

To start with, I voted for Reginald Jameson, as I feel he will be able to help you the most. Neron may be a great warrior, but do you really want to send out your friends to the mercy of the swarm? (hmmm, actually that's not a bad idea! Commander Xenu doesn't look the trustworthy type, and Kabuki... just looks funny.

Secondly, I think the Deadzone is the way to go, as I have always loved a little danger (especially when it is other people who are in it ), and the rewards would be fantastic! I have to say they all sound like promising places, but The Deadzone just does it for me.

Make your unstable team-mate eat it, and watch him die, as that would be hilarious!(who said that?). As it is an easy to catch creature, it would be good to know if you can eat it, as it would be an easy and safe source of food. You could always make Exo-builder eat it...

Lastly, try to tame the thing, as it will give you something to do between raids, and it would be a great companion (a bit like a horse is, except horses aren't poisonous). I think that in this sort of situation, it is always good to take risks and trust to luck, because if you can't trust luck, who can you trust?

Thanks again Batbrick, great work, I can't wait for the results of the poll!

Thanks a heap for your great comments dragonator, I really appreciate them, I really do! :'-)

Glad to here you still like the adventure, and funny to hear your comments on Kabuki! :-D

Wise words on risk and luck too.

Thanks again!

First I must say that is story is really heating up and I am very exciting to see how everything turns out! This is an amazing and very well executed idea, Batbrick!

For teammates.

I voted for Neron. Despite his shady character I believe he is just merely trying to survive at all measures. This means, no emotions, less mouths to feed, and the abilities of a trained warrior. Only the strong survive, and Neron will prove that. By getting rid of the weak now, supply distrubution will be greater for the two of you. It will be much easier to find enough for two mouths instead of everyone. Yes, that is harsh, and I'm sorry Exobuilder, but to initially surive this must done. After acquiring excess resources and finding a good position to set up a new base, then more people can be invited to the party. Neron also plays out into my decision of exploring the Deadzone.

Where to Go.

The Deadzone. The great reward at the end will be far worth it. The ability to slaughter the swarm, set up a base, hunt for more survivors, and collect supplies is crucial. The best person to embark with you would be Neron. You will need a warrior to fight your way through and help you survive.

Weaver

Eat it. There's no use for a domestic animal because you still have the vehicle in your base. You can ride and carry supplies on that. Who knows when you will find food again. If the thing is eatable then eat it. Maybe you could dry it and make some sort of Jerky or Pemmican like the Indians did. That would really be useful. Perhaps the venom could be extracted as well and used as a weapon. (Which would prove very handy just in case Neron tries to backstab you.)

Whoa! Beautiful, well though logic there MicVash! *y*

You certainly have great reason behind Neron there, and excellent thoughts on the Deadzone and Weaver problem.

Thanks for your kind words, thankyou again, I really appreciate hearing that people are liking this :-$

Reginald Jameson seems like the best way to go IMO. Play it safe in the wastelands until Jameson makes you better weapons, and pick up any scraps you can find to patch up your base. Feed the runt to your team mate, he'll be fine. And if not, well, he was a liability anyway. Also, try to train the weaver, it looks like it could prove useful, and I get the feeling the runts will be fine to eat instead.

This is going along greatly, Batbrick! The creations are awesome and the storyline is fantastic!

~Peace

"If not, well he was a liability anyway!" :-D Love it!

Thanks as always iamded, I'm glad you like the story. Good logic you provide there too, you are definitely on the play-it-safe side, total opposite of good old dragonator :-D

Thanks again.

Great work here Batbrick, I was waiting for this section *y*

This is proving to be really fun and enjoyable too

Great Base updates and "swarm" additions!

Now for the choices.

Neron, a bit shady but a skilled warrior is always better than a maniac and another person. Jameson is too suspicious he's probably a mutant or something. The native is okay but who needs friends? Xeno is the worst since he probably would kill you in the end.

The deadzone is the best because you reap a great reward, plus its funner and you can use some adventure Lets hope you don't die, thats what Neron is for

Runts

Make Exo-builder eat it Then see what happens

Keep the weaver and tame it ,since organic methods of transportation are better than mechanical, plus it has poison which you can extract(somehow?) and make darts

Nice thoughts on the weaver there Piranha, thanks for your compliments too.

I was pleasantly surprised to hear you were waiting for this, thankyou very much :'-)

And of course, another member who couldn't care less if exobuilder carks it :-D

Thanks again.

I love Interactive Apocalypse!

Okay, I voted for the dead zone. I want to see the tank. I voted to take on Neron, although I really want to see that base of Xenu's. Hopefully it'll make it's way into the story. *sweet* Clearly you should let your mate eat the runt.

I voted to train the weaver, who is my least favorite animal of yours so far, he doesn't look as organic as the other one's did. It's probably the click hinge limbs and neck. But he's still awesome! To say he's my least favorite doesn't mean I don't like him. I want to see him eat your unstable team mate during his taming but that wasn't an option. :-$

Thankyou Hinckley :'-)

I really appreciate your words, thanks for the permission and support. The weaver is also my least favourite creature, but he's pretty cute in a clicky joint sorta way :-$

I too can't wait to kill someone off, but i'm weaiting for a gruesome one, which should satisfy you.

I also want to see Xenu's base, rest assured he does still have a chance of re-entering the storyline at a later point, and several other factions and locations are slated to appear!

Thankyou all, everyone, for your fantastic comments, and thoughts. I hope Interactive Apocalypse stays successful, thankyou for making it so much fun for me! :'-)

Batbrick is Back! >:-)

Good to see part two at last! I picked;

Commander Xenu (The new base sounds cool and needed! 8-| )

The Deadzone (Tank! *sweet* )

Eat that Runt! (Tender young meat... *wub* )

Attempt to tame and train it (Attack beast! :-D )

I love this, Batbrick! Thanks a lot for this interactive journey..! I really like the whle scenario and characters and so on.. if this was a movie, I'd love to watch it!

Emm.. by now I am the only one chosing the Kabuki.... Yeah I know.. But hey, how can a guy with poor english and a japanese name not be any help? 8-|

We don't have to discuss about the deadzone at all. More and better weapons, perhaps even a tank??? Move there, fellow lego survivors, go go quick!! :-D

Thanks a lot for this! I am REALLY looking forward for the next episode!

:-)

Grea job, Batbrick. Good to see you're developing this a bit more *y*

My votes:

Reginald Jameson - a tech help can be very useful

The Mountains - I *wub* mountains

Keep hunting Squents

Tame and train the Weaver - If it doesn't work, you can still eat it.

LuxorV

I've been waiting for this for a long time! I love it!

Kakibu is the way to go. The more he hangs out with you, the more english he learns.

Make your unstable teamate eat that runt first!

Go to the deadzone. Who cares is there are monsters. Lots of tanks.

And that reaver is cute. Keep it.

How come I feel like I'm going to die if I picked any of these? :-D :-/

Which Character: None, I hate them all except ExoBuilder!

Which region: The swarm path. I'm fast, I got you covered BatBrick!

Food: Play it safe. I am not eating some bug! :-X

Weaver: Kill it! *skull* >:-)

This is great BatBrick! *y*

How come I feel like I'm going to die if I picked any of these? :-D :-/

Which Character: None, I hate them all except ExoBuilder!

Which region: The swarm path. I'm fast, I got you covered BatBrick!

Food: Play it safe. I am not eating some bug! :-X

Weaver: Kill it! *skull* >:-)

This is great BatBrick! *y*

Exobuilder doesn't know it yet, but he has just sealed his DOOM! >:-) *skull*

i voted to look in the mountain, so you can find a new base and then the swarm wont know where you are for some time, you should tame the best and eat exobuilder X-D those little creature things!

Once again great idea 100 kudos! *y*

-hollisbrick

Edited by hollisbrick

"If not, well he was a liability anyway!" :-D Love it!

Thanks as always iamded, I'm glad you like the story. Good logic you provide there too, you are definitely on the play-it-safe side, total opposite of good old dragonator :-D

:-D Don't worry, once we get big guns, big vehicles and a big base, then I may consider taking risks. X-D

Having read MicVash's plan, he seems to have it all planned out. But I don't have the heart to kick out my companions. :-$ Also, I really want big guns, so I'm not changing my mind on Reginald Jameson. X-D

And another idea. If the Runts turn out to be poisonous, maybe you could find a way to extract the poison, or tempt dangerous beasts into eating them and poisoning themselves. Finding ways to make use of seemingly useless things can help dramatically.

~Peace

Edited by iamded

Thanks for all your great comments guys! :'-) Glad to here you enjoy this as much as I do!

:-D Don't worry, once we get big guns, big vehicles and a big base, then I may consider taking risks. X-D

Having read MicVash's plan, he seems to have it all planned out. But I don't have the heart to kick out my companions. :-$ Also, I really want big guns, so I'm not changing my mind on Reginald Jameson. X-D

And another idea. If the Runts turn out to be poisonous, maybe you could find a way to extract the poison, or tempt dnagerous beasts into eating them and poisoning themselves. Finding ways to make use of seemingly useless things can help dramatically.

~Peace

Good logic again, nemesis.

I must say though, without wanting to bring spoilers out, I think you may all be in for a not-so-fun surprise next episode, what with all these choices it was bound to happen. You can speculate if you wish, but the consequences of these choices will be of deadly consequence *skull*

I voted for Reggie Jameson, partly because I'm British, partly because I know how important tea is to a Brit and partly because he is a crazy unique character! I say tame the weaver, he could be important, and fun to ride, Risk it in the deadzone, everyone loves a tank! And "stuff it, eat the unstable team mate!"

I find your interactive apocalypse very good and I like the way you present it and I really look forward to the next episodes!

I said go to the deadzone; who doesnt love a tank, eh? :-$

Very intersting idea; ill have to tune in and see what happens next ;-)

i was torn between xenu and noron. i chose xenu, although i was tempted by replacing exobuilder *skull*

go to the deadzone, have exobuilder eat the runt(he is the unstable one, right?), and train the wever

NOTE: dont take anything personal, exobuilder, please! i dont mean to be rude

jifel

Edited by jifel

Thanks for all your great comments guys! :'-) Glad to here you enjoy this as much as I do!

Good logic again, nemesis.

I must say though, without wanting to bring spoilers out, I think you may all be in for a not-so-fun surprise next episode, what with all these choices it was bound to happen. You can speculate if you wish, but the consequences of these choices will be of deadly consequence *skull*

Oh no! Generic main character, you've doomed us all! I knew The Deadzone was a bad idea! See why I chose to play it safe? Or maybe it's the runts! They're actually the smartest beings alive, and have taken us prisoner by luring us into the illusion that they're harmless lil creatures! And they've taken Jimmy! And the swarm has over-run our base! And Reg. Jameson allied with Neron slaughtering all in their path! Because Jameson turned evil due to tea withdrawl!

So, I was right, wasn't I? You know I am. :-P

~Peace

Oh no! Generic main character, you've doomed us all! I knew The Deadzone was a bad idea! See why I chose to play it safe? Or maybe it's the runts! They're actually the smartest beings alive, and have taken us prisoner by luring us into the illusion that they're harmless lil creatures! And they've taken Jimmy! And the swarm has over-run our base! And Reg. Jameson allied with Neron slaughtering all in their path! Because Jameson turned evil due to tea withdrawl!

So, I was right, wasn't I? You know I am. :-P

~Peace

Actually, the superintelligent runts are still slaves to the almighty penguins of the east pole, who are conspiring to end all life as we know it by making a large audience of lego obsessed internet users vote to make the generic main character eat the runts, thus giving them a flimsy excuse to end all life in revenge! :-P

That aside, heres a clue:

Who said tea was easily made in the future?

I see everyone is voting the dead-zone *skull* All I have to say is "Your all Psychos!!" :-P

The most dangerous area with monsters, and you want to go there to get a tank!

(wait, a voted for that area too :-D )

What if there isn't one?

What if its broken?

What if you get killed?

I knew that guy was suspicious, he probably demands tea in exchange for his skills! >:-)

The only other thing is weapons! One would think that in the year 3000 there would be blasters and laser weapons *wacko* Instead all we have is a shotgun, rifle and spear (how primitive)

P

Edited by Piranha

That aside, heres a clue:

Well, first about the whole "Brit" thing. Did you happen to get that from me? Just curious. When you first described Jameson he wasn't a "Brit"

Whoa, this story is coming along great!! Thanks for updating the beastiary, it's easier to keep up with things if you include even the old creatures, glad you did. The trondosaur is sweet! I want to see it wreak havoc! Or eat a Jelly Man! Dang, I didn't vote for upgrading the fort but I guess I should have, awesome upgrade! I like how you incorprated every possible resource (The undead swarm. Wouldn't think of that) The character choices are very very interesting and a great idea. Hmm...I personally like Neron, just cause he seems just like me! But...hmm...improved tech is gonna be necessary. Go with the Doc, Reginald. He likes tea, must be a smart Brit. Maybe he'll invent you some crumpets.

I guess I chose Reginald at the time because I thought the base would hold out with the upgrade...but apparently not. |-/ But anyways, now that I think about Reginald. The man is ridiculuous! How can you have that fancy space army and tea nonetheless in an APOC world!!!? He's a fake! He'll get eaten! Afterall, the Brits couldn't even survive the New World and couldn't fight like hardy Americans! X-D