SheepEater

Yes, I'm a metal snob / elitist.. Shoot me.

Metallica, Slipknot, Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold: 
Baby's first metal.

legoDuplo-number-train.jpg

Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Dark Tranquillity, Vektor, Kreator, Overkill, Exodus, Symphony X, Voivod (and many,many others):

The real deal for the discerning metal afficionado. 
Metal for grownups.

10237-2.jpg

8421-1.jpg

Edited by SheepEater

On 11/19/2016 at 6:49 PM, SheepEater said:

Metallica

I will cut you

Though for some reason I can't remember anything past the black album.  I think they broke up or there was a plane crash or something.

I am also into metal and I can tell you that your taste can be refined much further. 

I personally prefer metal bands with gothic, viking, celtic and/or progresive influences. You got a couple good ones there but I could recomend you some others depending on your preference and taste, tell me what themes and influences you like in your music and I may point you towards the true metal heavens.

On 11/19/2016 at 6:49 PM, SheepEater said:

Metallica, Slipknot, Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold: 
Baby's first metal.

Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Dark Tranquillity, Vektor, Kreator, Overkill, Exodus, Symphony X, Voivod (and many,many others):

The real deal for the discerning metal afficionado. 
Metal for grownups.

I read "Baby's first metal" as Baby Metal. :grin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cirhQ8iLdbw

I love this group!

Edited by Modulex Guy

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 6:44 PM, Space Police XVIII said:

I will cut you

Though for some reason I can't remember anything past the black album.  I think they broke up or there was a plane crash or something.

Everything since the black album, including the black album, is crap.

You youngsters need to check out a little group called Black Sabbath.  ;)

31 minutes ago, quark12000 said:

Honestly that's what I thought when I first saw this list; "Where is Black Sabbath?", but I'm only 22 so I must also be one of those youngsters you mentioned :tongue:

The biggest reason why heavy metal got crushed by the alternative/grunge wave in the early 90's was ATTITUDE. 

Metal heads all decided that their favorite band was so special, they needed to have a special genre just for them. 

Next thing I knew, everyone was bashing on all the new 'genres' except for the one or two that they liked. Thrashers dissed on death metal, Doomsters bagged on prog metal, everyone piled on Christian metal. Glam vs Speed, and on and on. 

Prog, Gothic, Black, Funk, Nu, Rap, Avant-garde, Stoner, Speed, Power, Stoner, Symphonic, Alternative, Pagan, Christian, Pirate, Extreme, Death, Viking, Glam, Metalcore, Thrash, Groove, Industrial, Kraut, and dozens more. 

This essentially killed Heavy Metal as a mainstream art form. 

Where once the biggest metal acts ruled arenas, sheds and even stadiums, across the nation, now those once titans of music are often relegated to the club scene for tours unless they can gather several of the remaining stars together for an arena show that struggles to fill seats and make money. 

Sure, you can point to some bands that continue to fill stadiums in South America, like Metallica, but where did the rest of it go?

For the most part, to the underground. 

So when someone says that they are a 'metal elitist' or 'metal snob', you make me want to hurl. It's that $#!+3 attitude that ruined it, thank you very much. 

I actually really like hardwired to self destruct by Metallica and deathmagnetic was pretty good.  I also love Pantera, Megadeth, Marilyn Manson, Korn although their new stuff is gabage,  Five finger Deathpunch,  White Zombie, Avenged Sevenfold, Static X, Mudvayne, Slipknot,  Cradle of Filth, In this Moment, Papa Roach, Linkin Park, Black Sabbath, Black label Society, Ozzy, As I Lay Dying,  Unearth, Hatebreed, and many others.  Metal is my favorite genre but I do listen to other types of music.  I just love the emotion that metal music brings out.  I can put a song on for whatever I'm feeling that day.  Especially when times get crazy or tough Metal helps me release some anger or even calms me down. 

On 24.12.2016 at 4:52 AM, quark12000 said:

Everything since the black album, including the black album, is crap.

For me, most of the metal music is just Black Sabbath re-though.
As for now, my favorite metal bands are Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Motorhead and Clutch. I also like some more niche stuff, as long as it's a mix of progressive, psychedelic and doom (2009 album "Egypt" by band Egypt is precisely what I'm thinking about).

I hate inaudible growl sounding like pig squealing.

On 12/25/2016 at 8:27 PM, rollermonkey said:

The biggest reason why heavy metal got crushed by the alternative/grunge wave in the early 90's was ATTITUDE.

And it just keeps going, metal people are elitist as hell. 

So what's good? post the last couple songs y'all's done listen to.  Let's make it a recommendation thread.

and a couple more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dW6aNAZGTM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWpET5uwqPs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIPc1cfS-oQ 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7zk4as9kzA - I could really use more like this in my life, any ideas? just found Alexander the Great.

Oh, I forgot Rainbow. How could I forget Rainbow?

But here's my recommendation, the album I mentioned earlier - "Egypt" by Egypt. A bit of doom, a bit of stoner, a bit of psychedelic. Gotta love it.

I've somewhat recently discovered something interesting: Japan is having a bit of a heavy metal renaissance. Any sub-genre you want, they've got a scene for it. Most interesting to me is that there's a significant number of all-female groups. I'm not talking about Babymetal, either. Actual, bonafide bands that play their own instruments. 

Edited by rollermonkey

Metal? Okay.

Billy and the Boingers, formerly Deathtöngue.

To those that know who I mean, enjoy the smile.