Well, as everyone knows, the King of Eslandola, Fernando Augusto VIII, has recently decided that it might be a good idea to sign away his power in the Eslandolan Magna Charta - but for all those who were curious as to how exactly he was convinced, this would be for you! :grin: :pir-wink:

The candlelight glimmered on the shaded canopy, and the bright and roaring fire added its own charm to the scene inside the King's royal bedchamber.  King Fernando Augusto VIII lay back on his pillow and sighed contentedly.  As it so happened, he was thinking of that glorious, magnificent trick of his in taking those fortresses from the sleepy Oleanders, and planning his own trip to Granoleon in the near future - but then again, you know, that should hardly be surprising, for it is certainly under a great deal of doubt whether he had thought of anything else at all since that brilliant morning!

Be that as it may, as he lay there - having strictly instructed his servants not to disturb him, by the way - he happened to hear a strange sound as of something falling softly in the room.  Leaping out of his bed and drawing back the curtains, he dashed out armed and, as all his servants would be sure to say, certainly highly dangerous.

30895795062_0a8cbbacc5_z.jpg

De Chauncourtois leapt through the partly open but curtained window with a satisfied grin upon his face.  This, decidedly, was great fun.  Ever since he had been to the meeting with some of the leading figures of New Eslandola a few days previously he had known exactly what he was going to do, and planning it all out had been extraordinarily exciting.  But there's nothing like the execution itself!  Drawing and cocking his pistol, he dropped into his good friend, the King's, bed-chamber, along with half a company of ETWC soldiers, all apparently as enthusiastic about the idea as their energetic leader himself.

30895907512_52bffcdc00_z.jpg

The second he had emerged from the voluminous folds of his magnificent bed, however, the King caught sight of de Chauncourtois and his soldiers, and the nightcap dropped from his hand in utter surprise.  

30924132751_0d4b609561_z.jpg

But the King wasn't king for nothing, you know!  Coming up with the next thing to do when in a pinch was his expertise, and with a quick glance around and a reflection on the great bravery and prudence he had inherited from his illustrious ancestors, he collected his scattered wits and dashed from the room.

30895777832_5fec933630_z.jpg

But unfortunately for him, of course, his good friend de Chauncourtois had foreseen that, and King Fernando Augusto found that, all down the hall, a host of ETWC soldiers were pouring in, doubtless to show him back into his bed-chamber for a good night's rest.

But, you know, when Guy K. Wyndzon dropped in to the palace latter that morning, to his surprise he found the King and de Chauncourtois seated at the whist table, sipping their champagne and laughing and chatting like the oldest of friends.

And, after all, he found that the King had turned the matter over in his head, and decided that signing the Magna Charta was rather a good idea all things considered.

A closeup shot:

31002385916_ac270ed0f9_z.jpg

The bed:

30924100341_5fde8572e7_z.jpg

And another final picture of about the whole thing (as much as could be got into one photo, at any rate! :laugh:)

30924160621_2352c15028_z.jpg

As to the build, it was certainly a lot of fun, and I had some great chances to experiment with inventing new techniques and reusing old ones.  An interesting thing about it is that I used every last one of my own headlight bricks here and quite a few of Kai's as well! - in fact, the build was about chock full of half-plate offsets.  The candles are a previous design of mine, the bed under the canopy is Kai's design, and the canopy itself is another attempt of mine at such things, and I think it turned out far better than my first:grin:

Thank for viewing, C&C are welcome!  And don't forget to enter the Eslandolan minichallenge:pir-wink:

Great interior Garmadon, the full-length curtains are pretty cool and I really like that canopy bed!  That golden piece in front of the fireplace fits the scene perfectly as do all the candles!   Though, I'm assuming it doesn't get too cold in Terreli, otherwise with such a large room and such huge windows, that tiny fire isn't going to do much good!

Magnificient scene! The room, the curtains, the pictures, and that bed - that bed! That's how a king resides. Amazing work.

A lovely scene.  My eye got drawn to the fire grate for some reason; I really liked it.   But there are a bunch of great little bits of detail hidden all around.

Well done.

Great looking room, Garmadon. I really like how the colours complement each other, and these dark tones are great. The bed is very well done, as is the curtains.

I am a bit disappointed that we don't see more angles and a better overview. Up on the right, you have would looks like it may be a very innovative take on a painting, but due to the angle, we don't get the benefit of seeing it... :pir-look:

Beautiful interior build with great details! I love the candle holders, the fireplace, and of course the bed. Great work! :thumbup:

17 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Great interior Garmadon, the full-length curtains are pretty cool and I really like that canopy bed!  That golden piece in front of the fireplace fits the scene perfectly as do all the candles!   Though, I'm assuming it doesn't get too cold in Terreli, otherwise with such a large room and such huge windows, that tiny fire isn't going to do much good!

Thanks Kai, huge windows in royal bed-chambers are just a must, I'm afraid! :pir_laugh2:  Thanks!  And yes, that golden piece worked out perfectly there! 

12 hours ago, Elostirion said:

Magnificient scene! The room, the curtains, the pictures, and that bed - that bed! That's how a king resides. Amazing work.

Thanks a lot, Elostirion! - that's exactly the feeling I was trying to convey! :pir-sweet:

5 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

A lovely scene.  My eye got drawn to the fire grate for some reason; I really liked it.   But there are a bunch of great little bits of detail hidden all around.

Well done.

Thanks Kwatchi!  The fireplace was actually one of my favorite parts of the whole build (although I liked it all, :tongue:), and I incorporated a light-up brick behind the fire which gives it that bit of a glow - which, by the bye, is the first time I've ever been able to get a light-up brick to ever come across at all in a picture, so that was a plus! :grin: :laugh:

3 hours ago, Bregir said:

Great looking room, Garmadon. I really like how the colours complement each other, and these dark tones are great. The bed is very well done, as is the curtains.

I am a bit disappointed that we don't see more angles and a better overview. Up on the right, you have would looks like it may be a very innovative take on a painting, but due to the angle, we don't get the benefit of seeing it... :pir-look:

Thanks Bregir, glad you like it!  It took a while, but I ended up quite happy with the curtains, especially the smaller white ones behind (which is where a bunch of those headlight bricks went to! :grin:)  And yes, unfortunately that is one of the down-sides of all-LEGO scenes, especially somewhat awkward ones with three sides... and of not having an infinite supply of dark green! :pir-bawling: :laugh: 

Yes, you're correct about it being a painting, but even when I was building it I knew that only the bottom half was going to come across in most of the pictures... I'm afraid you'll just have to wait until I get another chance to try it out at a better angle, but you know, that corner was just screaming for a full-length portrait, even if the viewer could hardly see it! :laugh:  And if you were wondering about who it is a painting of, just look at my avatar :grin:

2 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Beautiful interior build with great details! I love the candle holders, the fireplace, and of course the bed. Great work! :thumbup:

Thanks, Capt Wolf!  Glad you like it! 

Great job.  Beautiful looking room.  I really like the bed.  It seems like a perfect place for a secret escape exit underneath.  :pir-wink:

Great scene !

We always wondered how the King could have signed the Magna Charta. Now it's clear he did not did it by himself... He needed someone to show him how to do. Congrats on the build and on the story too !

Your bed is really catchy and the fire place is neat. Good job !

Very nice MOC! I love all those small details that make it so lifelike, but I somehow like the windows with the curtains the most. It looks like the light really enters from there!

On 11/17/2016 at 5:27 PM, Sir Stig said:

My eyes were also drawn to the fireplace, but that bed... Surely fit for a King.

Thanks, Sir Stig!  As I said before, that's really the feeling I was trying to capture in the build, so I'm very glad it came across! :pir-sweet:

On 11/18/2016 at 4:45 PM, dr_spock said:

Great job.  Beautiful looking room.  I really like the bed.  It seems like a perfect place for a secret escape exit underneath.  :pir-wink:

:pir_laugh2: Good old King Fernando is just about killing himself that he didn't think of that before!  He's definitely going to go that route if he ever has any more trouble with his subjects! :pir_tong2:  Ha, ha, thanks Dr_Spock! 

On 11/19/2016 at 5:03 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Great build and exciting development!

The interior is truely magnificent! Fantastic job - something to be inspired by.

Thanks a lot, Captain B! :pir-sweet:  I'm more than happy to be inspiring you!  And it's certainly an exciting time for Eslandola! 

On 11/19/2016 at 10:51 AM, Faladrin said:

Great scene !

We always wondered how the King could have signed the Magna Charta. Now it's clear he did not did it by himself... He needed someone to show him how to do. Congrats on the build and on the story too !

Your bed is really catchy and the fire place is neat. Good job !

:laugh: That he did not!  But, you know, he was just waiting for a wee little bit of encouragement! :grin:  Thanks a lot, Faladrin!

On 11/20/2016 at 6:11 AM, blackdeathgr said:

Very nice MOC! I love all those small details that make it so lifelike, but I somehow like the windows with the curtains the most. It looks like the light really enters from there!

Thanks, blackdeathgr, and yes, the details of a build are really what make it alive! :pir-wink:  Ha, ha, well, it was supposed to be the middle of the night, so there wasn't exactly supposed to be light coming through there just now... but I think that the white really bounced the daylight to give that impression!  Thanks anyways! :pir-laugh:

the bed and fireplace are awesome, while the maount of tiles used is amazing and makes for a very clean feeling! :thumbup: 

On 11/24/2016 at 3:45 AM, TitusV said:

The bed and fireplace are awesome, while the amount of tiles used is amazing and makes for a very clean feeling! :thumbup: 

Thanks Titus!  Tiles are really incredibly useful! :pir-grin:

On 11/24/2016 at 5:42 AM, Staslegomaster said:

Good morning, Your Royal Magesty. That's a nice story.

:pir-laugh: Thank you! 

21 hours ago, ProvenceTristram said:

I prefer monarchies. The people cannot be trusted with power. I hope the rebels are caught and deprived of their little yellow heads.

:look: I think they'd probably rather that not happen themselves! :laugh:  Thanks for stopping by!

On 11/16/2016 at 7:34 PM, Garmadon said:

Well, as everyone knows, the King of Eslandola, Fernando Augusto VIII, has recently decided that it might be a good idea to sign away his power in the Eslandolan Magna Charta - but for all those who were curious as to how exactly he was convinced, this would be for you! :grin: :pir-wink:

The candlelight glimmered on the shaded canopy, and the bright and roaring fire added its own charm to the scene inside the King's royal bedchamber.  King Fernando Augusto VIII lay back on his pillow and sighed contentedly.  As it so happened, he was thinking of that glorious, magnificent trick of his in taking those fortresses from the sleepy Oleanders, and planning his own trip to Granoleon in the near future - but then again, you know, that should hardly be surprising, for it is certainly under a great deal of doubt whether he had thought of anything else at all since that brilliant morning!

Be that as it may, as he lay there - having strictly instructed his servants not to disturb him, by the way - he happened to hear a strange sound as of something falling softly in the room.  Leaping out of his bed and drawing back the curtains, he dashed out armed and, as all his servants would be sure to say, certainly highly dangerous.

30895795062_0a8cbbacc5_z.jpg

De Chauncourtois leapt through the partly open but curtained window with a satisfied grin upon his face.  This, decidedly, was great fun.  Ever since he had been to the meeting with some of the leading figures of New Eslandola a few days previously he had known exactly what he was going to do, and planning it all out had been extraordinarily exciting.  But there's nothing like the execution itself!  Drawing and cocking his pistol, he dropped into his good friend, the King's, bed-chamber, along with half a company of ETWC soldiers, all apparently as enthusiastic about the idea as their energetic leader himself.

30895907512_52bffcdc00_z.jpg

The second he had emerged from the voluminous folds of his magnificent bed, however, the King caught sight of de Chauncourtois and his soldiers, and the nightcap dropped from his hand in utter surprise.  

30924132751_0d4b609561_z.jpg

But the King wasn't king for nothing, you know!  Coming up with the next thing to do when in a pinch was his expertise, and with a quick glance around and a reflection on the great bravery and prudence he had inherited from his illustrious ancestors, he collected his scattered wits and dashed from the room.

30895777832_5fec933630_z.jpg

But unfortunately for him, of course, his good friend de Chauncourtois had foreseen that, and King Fernando Augusto found that, all down the hall, a host of ETWC soldiers were pouring in, doubtless to show him back into his bed-chamber for a good night's rest.

But, you know, when Guy K. Wyndzon dropped in to the palace latter that morning, to his surprise he found the King and de Chauncourtois seated at the whist table, sipping their champagne and laughing and chatting like the oldest of friends.

And, after all, he found that the King had turned the matter over in his head, and decided that signing the Magna Charta was rather a good idea all things considered.

A closeup shot:

31002385916_ac270ed0f9_z.jpg

The bed:

30924100341_5fde8572e7_z.jpg

And another final picture of about the whole thing (as much as could be got into one photo, at any rate! :laugh:)

30924160621_2352c15028_z.jpg

As to the build, it was certainly a lot of fun, and I had some great chances to experiment with inventing new techniques and reusing old ones.  An interesting thing about it is that I used every last one of my own headlight bricks here and quite a few of Kai's as well! - in fact, the build was about chock full of half-plate offsets.  The candles are a previous design of mine, the bed under the canopy is Kai's design, and the canopy itself is another attempt of mine at such things, and I think it turned out far better than my first:grin:

Thank for viewing, C&C are welcome!  And don't forget to enter the Eslandolan minichallenge:pir-wink:

Great build! Do you happen to have an LDD file for that beautiful bed you made? i would like to replicate it.

On 12/19/2016 at 8:10 PM, Lego4366 said:

Great build! Do you happen to have an LDD file for that beautiful bed you made? i would like to replicate it.

Thank you!  No, unfortunately I don't have much of an idea as to how to work LDD, but besides the pictures here, this one of the bed may help if you're trying to replicate it :pir-wink:  I will warn you, though, that there are a tolerable number of unattached pieces so it is a bit complicated! :grin:

On 12/21/2016 at 9:29 AM, Garmadon said:

Thank you!  No, unfortunately I don't have much of an idea as to how to work LDD, but besides the pictures here, this one of the bed may help if you're trying to replicate it :pir-wink:  I will warn you, though, that there are a tolerable number of unattached pieces so it is a bit complicated! :grin:

Okay thanks.